Trouble with iron launch

Are they ballooning? I'd say high launch is really on a big issue if they are ballooning. If not I take the high launch and just have a good low 3/4 shot for windy days. Also have you thought of bending your irons strong to bring the loft down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having watched him swing at the Tampa outing, I assure you he hits it high.
The only thing is your perception may not be reality. You might be hitting your irons the ideal height, and like others have mentioned, you just need to learn to hit a knockdown shot in windy situations.

This is not the issue. The club head is not getting in front of the hands. Which tends to create a thin shot vs a high ball.
When you do that, it is likely that your hands stay in front of the clubhead and you are hitting down on the ball. I know for me when I don't sequence my swing and get my hands in front of my body on the swing the clubhead gets ahead of the hands and I add loft. When I keep my hands in front of the clubhead and hit down on the ball, my ball flight comes down and I can flight it into the wind.

Instead of switching shafts, try to keep your hands low through impact. Almost exaggerate the move and your ball flight should come down.

A little off topic, but this particular tidbit really seemed to help me. I have a tendency to flip a little at impact which causes high face shots/wrist flick lobs/etc, all kinds of crap that can make distance control difficult and sap distance. Thought about this yesterday at the range and I was hitting more solid iron and wedge shots than I've hit in a while - consistent distance and piercing trajectory. Helped me on the fairway woods off the deck too.

Anyways, don't want to derail, but just want to say thanks Freddie!

Freddie,

Can you name a couple of drills I can try to help with the exaggerated low hands trial? I am hoping to record my swing next time I am at the range so hopefully seeing what I am doing will help me to fix it.

Freddie,

Can you name a couple of drills I can try to help with the exaggerated low hands trial? I am hoping to record my swing next time I am at the range so hopefully seeing what I am doing will help me to fix it.

The right arm needs to extend down the line after impact, toward the target. it will naturally move left of this line once the club head can't be maintained close to the ground. I like the feeling of the right hand covering after impact. Left knuckles dig and right hand covers. Move the ball just front of center so you aren't tempted to dig. Make sure your weight is on your left side and you aren't hanging back. If there is any any hang back you will will not be able to drive the ball with low hands.

Back