How to do halfswings?

aimson

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey,

This winter I rebuilt my swing from scratch, again! 4 years playing and 3 winters rebuilding swing, but now I am extremely happy with it. The only problem I have now is that I hit the ball a bit too far for my liking (yeah I know it might sound stupid but it is a problem). I game the Ping G25 at the moment, using all the set wedges too, 50* gap wedge, 54* sand wedge and 58* lob wedge. When I do my normal swing, I hit the the gw like 130-135 metres, sw 115-120 metres and lob around 100-105 metres. However, when I have a shorter approach than that, which is quite often, I find myself in big problem because when I do a half-swing with either club, it all goes to sh*t and I toe it, shank it, hit it fat or top it. I think the problem is I get too relaxed when I dont do my normal swing. So my question is, are there any good drills for the half swings, that I can do in my apartment without hitting real balls? It is so frustrating to finally have learned to not slice the driver, but instead mess up the second 50 metre shot to green and walk away with a double bogey. I would actually not mind hitting all clubs a bit shorter, if that means more consistency, but its the same problem through all irons.

Thanks in advance!

Back