Fun harmless golf pranks

phenom4hire

Reaction score
Handicap
18-19
Hey guys,

I have not been as active as I like on here or on the course lately. Working a couple shutdowns back to back I haven't had much time for golf the last month or so. Now that things have calmed down, my first round after this little break is gonna be a little mens outing at a course nearby with a replica of the famous 17th island hole. Anyway after talking to several of the participants it seems that there will be several first timers/casual golfers coming out to play. I have volunteered two of my old sets of clubs to be played to help make the experience a bit more enjoyable. I was thinking this might be the perfect opportunity to pull off a few little harmless pranks to the amusement of everyone. Im already considering the flat top tees and maybe a prank ball or two as well as a bag of large marshmallows to be spread out randomly through the round to make finding the ball a bit harder. Now pace of play wont be a major issue as we will have the course to ourselves and I dont plan on doing it every hole or in my group only. I thought it would be fun as it is just a lighthearted get together and all the guys have a good sense of humor. Anyway I thought I would ask you guys what gags you play or have played in the past in your group or whatever. Thanks guys.

At a bachelors party we pulled the pin and plugged it into the rough 20 yards away from where the hole was. Nobody made par and didn't understand why the heck the pin wasn't in the hole.

I like that one

I like that one

It works best if you can see the green from the next tee box. It was hilarious watching people aim so far from the hole.

Maybe I can coordinate with someone in the group ahead to pull that one off. I would really like to be in the group thats aiming for it. I can think of a few holes where there are bunkers hidden from the fairway that you could put the flag behind.

One time I snuck an exploding powder golf ball into my brother's range basket. He hit it and it just disappeared into a cloud of white smoke, and I just died laughing hahaha

If you are tending flag when your playing partner is putting as he looks down move the pin before his last looks at the line. Only works though if he cant see the hole . If you time it right he will putt a good couple feet way from the hole .

I like that you put it in the range basket. Makes it way less obvious. I figure Ill be able to get at least one of the new guys with one. I wish they made a titleist stencil or something for marking balls, then maybe I could get one of the better players.

One time I snuck an exploding powder golf ball into my brother's range basket. He hit it and it just disappeared into a cloud of white smoke, and I just died laughing hahaha

Always wanted to pull that on someone.

My favorite was at a course with junky old carts, put the cart in reverse while they weren't watching (backup alarm nonoperational) so they would slam in to the cart behind them went they went to take off. Found that to be pretty hilarious for some reason. Only pulled that on playing partners btw, not random people.

Fake dog doo-doo in the hole is also good. Nobody wants to pick their ball out of the cup.

My dad tried several times to get me to hit a ball that was cut in half by the mower (telling me "I found your ball" on a bad mishit), I never fell for it because it looked weird, but it was pretty funny anyway, and would be funny if you could get someone to fall for it.

Always wanted to pull that on someone.

My favorite was at a course with junky old carts, put the cart in reverse while they weren't watching (backup alarm nonoperational) so they would slam in to the cart behind them went they went to take off. Found that to be pretty hilarious for some reason. Only pulled that on playing partners btw, not random people.
You would think that would be ok since they are junky old carts, but if a course is using them it's because of the cost to replace them. Possible damage done by a prank isn't really in that course's budget.

I think pranks are fine, but if it can cause damage to something that isn't yours, it should be better thought out.

Agreed anything that can cause damage to someone else's property is not something that I would find myself condoning/participating in.

Swap clubs with the other guys in your group. Do it 1 by 1 and see how long it takes them to notice or hit with someone else's club without knowing it.

You would think that would be ok since they are junky old carts, but if a course is using them it's because of the cost to replace them. Possible damage done by a prank isn't really in that course's budget.

I think pranks are fine, but if it can cause damage to something that isn't yours, it should be better thought out.

Never caused any damage since they were parked so close together, more of a surprise than anything.

I switched my buddies 3-wood and 5 wood head cover. I completely forgot I did it until he said: man am I off today with my woods. My 3 keeps coming up short but I am killing my 5 wood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When the ball is just off the fringe and you know the guy is going to putt, step on the ball just a little bit. Not enough to make it noticeable but enough to put it in a little depression. When he putts it, the ball will jump straight up in the air and go nowhere.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Personally, I don't really like pranks on the course. I used to caddy at a club where one day a year the course was "tricked" out for fun. Moving the hole to the edge of the green, making players tee off while standing on a mattress, making them use only one club on certain holes, etc... I also think care should be taken on who you play the prank on. Other than that, harmless pranks can be fun.

Personally, I don't really like pranks on the course. I used to caddy at a club where one day a year the course was "tricked" out for fun. Moving the hole to the edge of the green, making players tee off while standing on a mattress, making them use only one club on certain holes, etc...
That sounds like a lot of fun.

It wasn't something we were in control of, but when a dog wandered onto the course and picked up my buddy's ball, then proceeded to take off running whilst my buddy chased after him on foot....yea, that was pretty funny.

So I guess if you could find a dog that was trained to do something like that.

~Rock

Swap clubs with the other guys in your group. Do it 1 by 1 and see how long it takes them to notice or hit with someone else's club without knowing it.

Hahahaha oh man this could be hilarious.

A few years back I played in a threeball at a friend's home course. On one of the holes, which had a blind, uphill tee shot, the third member of our group (who had never played there before) had the honour. My friend deliberately stepped onto the tee first and set himself up facing the wrong way. After a couple of practice swings, he realised his 'error', apologised for nearly playing out of turn and stepped back. After asking where to aim, the other guy stepped up and belted driver exactly on the line he was told, a long way into the adjacent farmer's field. He quickly picked up his tee and strutted back to his bag. My mate then casually walked onto the tee and hit one the right way before we both burst out laughing.

A little swipe of a glue stick on the face of a driver can cause hilarity. From what I've heard.

To make an impression on an unsuspecting friend on practice range maybe...place a kitchen match in ground behind a teed up ball so the tip of the match just touches the back of the ball...then hit ball with driver as normal...makes an impressive "pop" and some smoke.

Back