Tiger Woods Will Play Nike Covert 2.0 Driver This Week

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I know he tested it out in December and most expected this. We can confirm however that as of right now, Tiger Woods has the Nike Covert 2.0 driver in his bag for Torrey Pines.

Morning Drive just reported the same...you got them by a few minutes, Nice Work

Ooh, a nice tidbit of info. If will be interesting to see how he gets along with it...he must be liking what he's seeing to switch.

Hopefully it leads to better results for him.

FORE RIGHT !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lol.
I hope it works out for him, Tiger playing from the fairway makes for some good viewing.

This is good for Nike. I hope he's found a shaft that works for him. I fully expect him to contend this week if not win. But I don't think it will be because of the driver.

Definitely good news for Nike...they NEED a major presence on tour having success with whether that be Rory or TW.

I wonder if Tiger is still using that 103X Blueboard in this driver. This is really good for Nike I would think and some good showings by Tiger would probably move some equipment off the shelves.

TW drove the ball really well (for him at least) at Sherwood with the 2.0. Think it is a smart move based on that performance.

Is he playing a prototype or the 460cc version?

Interesting, I am curious in hearing that. Must be some significant changes over the last model?

It seems to me that he played some great golf when teeing off with the Covert 5 wood last year. Let's hope the driver gives him the same confidence.

Interesting, I am curious in hearing that. Must be some significant changes over the last model?

After hitting my driver against other models, I fully admit, that it isn't hard to be a significant improvement over the last model.

After hitting my driver against other models, I fully admit, that it isn't hard to be a significant improvement over the last model.

Did you have to clean your shorts after reading this thread?

Did you have to clean your shorts after reading this thread?

No. It's cold here. I'm wearing slacks. Well, was wearing slacks.

Lets keep this to the topic please.
Thank you.

Interesting. He appeared to be comfortable with it in December. He tends to do well at Torrey no matter what is in his bag anyways.

Lets keep this to the topic please.
Thank you.

I agree, no one cares what kind of pants blugold is wearing.

Back on topic, my apologies, do you think there is any part of the switch, where Nike asked that he switch over to help with sales or is that just a silly thought? My gut reaction is that no way would he allow that and the only way he would switch would be if he were comfortable, but I have no clue.

Ready to see TW back on the course and how he does with the 2.0. I wasn't a fan of the first model, but I'll definitely give this one a look as well.

Back on topic, my apologies, do you think there is any part of the switch, where Nike asked that he switch over to help with sales or is that just a silly thought? My gut reaction is that no way would he allow that and the only way he would switch would be if he were comfortable, but I have no clue.

Tiger's always been notoriously slow to change equipment so my guess is that he doesnt get much pressure from Nike. I bet they'd rather have him winning with old equipment than not winning with newer stuff.

Tiger's always been notoriously slow to change equipment so my guess is that he doesnt get much pressure from Nike. I bet they'd rather have him winning with old equipment than not winning with newer stuff.

Depends on where they feel he is marketability wise I suppose. But you are probably right.

Do you think the average consumer would notice? He was using the 1.0 at the end of last year. If he stayed with that I'm doubting many world notice. I figure he did this because he wanted to

Do you think the average consumer would notice? He was using the 1.0 at the end of last year. If he stayed with that I'm doubting many world notice. I figure he did this because he wanted to

Since Tiger gets so much airtime and the announcers are probably going to talk up any change he makes (similar to Phil switching into the Big Bertha), anybody watching would probably know that he's playing Nike's latest and greatest. Nike's gotta be pretty pumped that he's keeping the 2.0 in play.

I agree though, he probably kept the 2.0 because he thinks its best for his game and not because Nike asked him to.

I'm sure he tested the you know what out of that Covert 2.0 and got it customized to his liking. I wonder if he'll officially change golf balls too?

I was really amazed at how high these irons launched. My previous irons launched high, but I figured the shaft (Nippon NS PRO 950GH Stiff) had a lot to do with that. I went with the KBS Tour X in these and was still hitting moon balls on good strikes. I'm curious if the speed pocket doesn't have something to do with my high flights or if it's just operator error.

Back