How many don't carry a sand wedge?

I haven't had a club actually marked SW in many years. Like many others that have posted, I use a 54 or 58 from green side bunkers. Just remember that the wedges are considered the "scoring clubs" and versatility is often needed from 100 yards to keep your overall score lower. "Chicks dig the long ball" does not always help you achieve lower scores in golf!

Like many others j dont have a "sw" but I carry a 52 56 60 ... like others if rater habe more options close to the green

I carry 3 ATV wedges and normally hit my 60 from green side bunkers.

I've been having this discussion with myself for the last several weeks trying to decide which wedges to keep in my bag, PW-check, AW-my go to club, and then I could go with- SW?, CG-15 56 or my CG-15 58? My home course doesn't take very good care of the sand traps but almost all the others do a good job if it isn't wet. So I can only carry one the last 3 choices and I'm leaning towards the 56 for now . Just wish I could hit my 58 better from the shot grass.

I had a sand wedge with too much bounce so I switched it out for a 3 hybrid...my 52* and 60* cover all types of shots I need with my wedges though.

I use my 60° most of the time.

I've always had a SW so when I ordered my G20's last year I kicked the 4i out (I had a Hybo for this distance) to get the SW and I ended up winning a Tom Watson 60* on a facebook contest, so my wedges go as follows: G20 UW = 50*-10, SW = 54*-12 & Tom Watson 60*-08

I don't have a wedge marked with an SW. I have a 54 with 12deg of bounce and a 58 with 0 bounce both are used out of the sand.

I do not carry a Traditional SW 54-56 degree I use a 58 work great for me

I carry 4 wedges....my PW, AW, 52 and 56. That's enough for me.

56/60 - both designated WS for Wide Sole. I use either one out of the sand depending on conditions.

I don't always carry a SW. I will use a 50* to get me out of what little sand I encounter.

Almost all sand wedges are a 56 degree loft and a high bounce (12 degrees). So if you have anything close to those numbers you have a SW, labeled or not.

Arnold tells of his days when the sand wedge was introduced, by Gene Sarazen I believe.ma lot of the guys hated the high bounce and would grind it down until they got it where they wanted it. The bounce is too much for tight lies but fine in the sand depending on what kind of sand is used. There is a whole other subject.

I use my 56 degree TaylorMade ATV sand wedge for all my green side sand shots. Love it!

Back