Bennington bags, QO 12 or QO 14?

Castpro

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm in the market for a new cart bag. Purchased a SM C130 3 years ago when I started playing. I'm a bit disappointed in the SM, multiple zippers are broken, bag has faded and is generally just worn out....

The Bennington bags have really caught my eye. Based on appearance and reviews they look like a quality product. My question is this; Does anyone here have experience with the QO 12 and the QO 14. Similar in overall appearance but have a different top/organizer design. Right now I'm playing 4 wedges, 5 irons, two hybrids, 3 wood, driver and putter so the bag will be full.

Pros?? Cons??

Thanks,

Tommy

I probably should have posted in the equipment pondering section....

I've had the QO 9 for about a year now and absolutely love it. Your 5 iron 4 wedge setup would be perfect for the 9 slots on the QO 9, so I wouldn't rule that one out if I were you.

I have the 12 and haven't even looked at another bag since I got it. Con...it is heavy and tall but rides on my clik 3.0 and 8.0 just fine. I don't mind the weight when pushing and obviously riding so it's the to and from that you notice it. Not a big enough con for me to not still be looking at the 14's. Normal head covers will not extend to their normal relaxed position due to the height of the bag. Driver is where you notice it the most and I've had Driver, 3W, 3/4H in it with a Orange whip as well at the same time. I usually left one of the head covers off as nothing really hits each other and makes for a little more room in the middle section.

Still in great shape and holds just about anything you want to carry and then some. Think I've had it a couple years now. The organizer is wonderful and I remember how much I enjoy it when I put the clubs in another bag type. Go right to the club I want and goes right back in its place...no more missing club syndrome.

I got QO9 a few month ago. The bag is great and all my clubs fit well. The only problem is that I have to put it diagonal into my trunk and even then it is a tight fit. I guess I will have to get a car with a larger trunk when my current lease expires.

I have an older QO12 and it works fine except: On a push or pull cart the shafts will tangle. Its heavy. The QO12 does not hold woods well and they get in the way sometimes.

Apart from that its a great bag. Nice quiet ride in a cart and your irons are easy to find and right at hand.

Hers a pic of my QO 9 with a similar set up to what you have.

3edba477812ab2cf21b7287c2a126131.jpg

I have the 12 and haven't even looked at another bag since I got it. Con...it is heavy and tall but rides on my clik 3.0 and 8.0 just fine. I don't mind the weight when pushing and obviously riding so it's the to and from that you notice it. Not a big enough con for me to not still be looking at the 14's. Normal head covers will not extend to their normal relaxed position due to the height of the bag. Driver is where you notice it the most and I've had Driver, 3W, 3/4H in it with a Orange whip as well at the same time. I usually left one of the head covers off as nothing really hits each other and makes for a little more room in the middle section.

Still in great shape and holds just about anything you want to carry and then some. Think I've had it a couple years now. The organizer is wonderful and I remember how much I enjoy it when I put the clubs in another bag type. Go right to the club I want and goes right back in its place...no more missing club syndrome.

I've been playing the Q12 for the past year and have great stuff to say about the bag. Absolutely no bag chatter when using a cart or push cart. The only gripe I have is the wood covers get bunched up if you use the slots for them. I just put my driver and fairway wood in the center. Problem solved. The bag has plenty of space and the cooler pocket is actually very large. I can carry 2 32 oz gatorade bottles plus a blue ice in there without a problem.

Back