Proper Divot Hole Repair

wadesworld

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Interesting video if you've ever wondered what you're supposed to be doing (obviously the answers sometimes depend on turf type):

Interesting and informative.
This may prevent small piles of sand from being placed all around the golf course!!

Down here in the south with bermuda, you don't get divots that can be replaced so it just becomes fill the divot with sand and seed

Ive been doing this wrong for years. Yikes

I know I've over filled one or two in my time. hehe One of those things that they've always had the bottles out but no one has ever said how to so just did what I saw others doing.

I have been it completly wrong the whole time. I am guilty of the over seeding, note taken. Thanks for this, cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whohoo, for once I found out myself how to do it correctly :D

Very good info. Like learning new stuff.

That was a good video, thanks for posting.

thanks for sharing, that was very informative

"Divot maker extraordinaire" - classic! I think I've played behind that guys irreverent grandson a few times. It was really wet for a few weeks around here. I found a 12"+ (maybe closer to 14") perfect rectangular pelt in the middle of a down hill fairway. It was still soft and wet. I think it weighed about a pound and a half. I looked around for a few minutes for the source crater but could not find it. Ended up breaking it in two and replacing it in two normal xl sized divots.

I'm not sure I see a lot of seed in the sand bottles at courses I play. I guess filling with sand at least leaves the next poor shmuck that finds his ball in the divot not hitting out of a hole...

Guilty as charged, been over filling all this time.

Great vid, thanks for sharing.

Wow - I have absolutely been overfilling....thanks for this tip!

I've been overfilling them too. I'll do better today!

I have either been overfilling them, or should have been replacing the divot. At least I have an answer now of whether to replace the divot or just pour sand/seed in.

~Rock

Great information, thanks

Interesting indeed never knew there was seed in there.

Interesting indeed never knew there was seed in there.

Depends on the course. Some have sand/seed mix. Some just have sand. I suspect the guidelines apply either way.

Pretty cool little video. None of the courses around me, that I play, provide seed & Sand so all We can do is place the chunk back in and step on it. but cool video.

Learned something today ... I am an over filler ...

At the courses I play, you couldn't take a divot like that. It would damage a club, or break your wrist from the rocks underneath.

When you do take a big divot, it leaves the grass ( sort of like a birds nest), without any dirt under it. You could pour the sand in and fill up the base to support the grass that is left.

We did play a course years ago that had the sand bottles. The guy they paired me with, said the bottles were ashtrays. He kept putting his burning cigarette butts in them.:banghead:

Jack

At the courses I play there are no sand-seed bottles. So it's drop the grass back in the divot. The grounds crew comes around and fills in with sand and seed and overfills the divots.

I was always told to overfill because once the sprinklers come on it washes away some of the mix.

Funny. I just threw up in my mouth a little. Thx for sharing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back