2014 Golf Digest Hot List

The what??? Never knew the Hot List existed. :)

I've got so many comments about some of the ratings (or rating) but I'll keep them to myself.

Did I make the hot list?

Haven't checked yet....

The GD Hot List comes down to ho pays the much to get the ratings. Has been for years and I wouldn't expect it to change anytime soon.

I have purchased many clubs based solely on reviews from THP. I have never purchased a club because it was on the GD Hot List.

It's always nice to see who has purchased the most advertising space in Golf Digest. It has become so predictable as to what stuff will get gold medals, but customers keep bringing it in to my store and looking for those products because of the Hot List.

Agree with this, we already know who's gold.
Just have to follow the ads.

Wait... I've used their list EXCLUSIVELY the last few years to guide my purchases! I mean, stock shafts and heads fit me just like everyone else, even being 6'5"! Certainly Golf Digest wouldn't rate a club highly unless they really tried it against all others and felt it was the best! Heck, even if my made-for shafts have been a little "clicky" in the past, this list tells the truth! SLDR is the best driver TM has ever made! And even with rear-CG, to increase loft, in my current gamer, not an SLDR (but will be SOON) I'm going to "loft-up"! Everyone should loft up, even those not playing drivers that have forward CG that reduces launch angles! Dang "Doubting Thomases"!!!

Is Paulina Gretzky on this years TM Hot List?

TaylorMade touting the SLDR for its perfect score on the GD Hotlist has got be the funniest thing I have heard when watching the coverage the last few days. Its sad that so many people will hear that and buy it without swinging it. But its hard to fault anyone for buying golf gear!

I think the same of it as I always have, very little. It's good for pictures but that's it for me.

I agree. Means nothing to me. Much better info right here.

The THP hotlist is way better

Quick, somebody fire up the Mark Crossfield thread and we'll give him a good whack, too. For what it is trying to do it is perfectly fine.

Its aimed at the avg consumer I suppose. I think it has lost some credibility over the last hand full of years. Every year it seems like it is more and more an ad for certain companies.

So in the end the SLDR got a perfect score because they bought more advertising? and here I honestly thought it was worthy of it's rating, with the stock shaft it's one of the best drivers I've ever hit.

Cookie is better looking though.

The main problem with the Hot List is that the material it's printed on is lousy toilet paper. Having "demand" as a category is ludicrous for one, and for two some of the ratings just don't make sense.

2014 Golf Digest Hot List

So in the end the SLDR got a perfect score because they bought more advertising? and here I honestly thought it was worthy of it's rating, with the stock shaft it's one of the best drivers I've ever hit.

Cookie is better looking though.

Hahaha, I had to throw something out there instead of offering my real opinion.

I'm not a fan of arguing on the internet so I shall bow out. :)

Boy I remember 10 years ago when you'd see maybe 2 or 3 clubs win the gold medal rating. 10 drivers win the gold, 2 win the silver this year. Okee dokee. So much for challenging the manufacturers and being critical.

Did I make the hot list?

Haven't checked yet....

Yahoo just posted that you were the first THPer to get listed as a club, and received 8 stars. :alien:

I don't put a whole lot of stock in this list either. I go and hit everything and form my own opinion. I like looking at the pictures though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boy I remember 10 years ago when you'd see maybe 2 or 3 clubs win the gold medal rating. 10 drivers win the gold, 2 win the silver this year. Okee dokee. So much for challenging the manufacturers and being critical.

Yeah I agree. I'd much prefer to see a rating system where every driver is judged against the best in that category.
Giving 10 different drivers a "GOLD" rating pretty much makes the entire list completely useless does it not?

I like the section on golf balls. That is pretty good and helpful imo

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

I like the section on golf balls. That is pretty good and helpful imo

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Yeah that's pretty much the only part I look at

This is very similar to what goes on the Cigar industry now. Really at the end of the day Cigar Aficionado top 25 is a joke to real smokers but it sells a ton of product to the guys that are voted to the top and gets new people involved. I look at this in the exact same light. It is selling equipment for the Manufactures and helping bring new people into golf.

Back