The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

Small update guys and gals.
We have to delay announcement until tomorrow. Apologies, but we are awaiting some important info.
Just makes waiting that much more fun! This is the best kind of butterflies. And for those of you that get in, they never go away! (That's a good thing!!!)

And the anticipation grows for another day

And one more night of suspense

We have to delay announcement until tomorrow. Apologies, but we are awaiting some important info.

With the busy week the team has had at the golf show, I surprised the announcement has had to be put off for a few more days.
We will be patient.....well...sort of.

Kind of glad for the delay. I was not up for celebrating tonight after a ridiculously long work week. I will be well rested and ready to hoot and holler tomorrow when i see my name. hahaha Just trying to keep a positive vibe going. Good luck tomorrow to all!

While looking forward to seeing who will fill out the teams, what's another day in the grand scheme of it all.... to a few very lucky guy's that will soon be forgotten with the eye on the prize. Good luck to all!!

AAAHHHH DANG!!!! Well I am home from work and the announcement preparation got me through work. This delay just means the 4 guys are even more special!

All of us THPer's are special! :) :clapp:
Looking forward to tomorrow!

Hopefully it will be a big day!!!! Excited!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So all the teams will be complete tomorrow. Awesome! Looks like I'll actually get to watch the drama unfold after all! This is great, as I was really disappointed about missing out before.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

So all the teams will be complete tomorrow. Awesome! Looks like I'll actually get to watch the drama unfold after all! This is great, as I was really disappointed about missing out before.

Well the field will be complete. I wouldn't be surprised if it takes a few more days to actually assemble the teams. I would think a lot of thought and planning will go into putting the teams together.

I don't know this for a fact just a hunch.

I would be honored to play for any one of the five captains.

Well the field will be complete. I wouldn't be surprised if it takes a few more days to actually assemble the teams. I would think a lot of thought and planning will go into putting the teams together.

I don't know this for a fact just a hunch.

I would be honored to play for any one of the five captains.

Oh. Thanks for clearing that up. #SkimAlert

Yes, JB, this is my natural hair color.

Yeah it will be really interesting to see how the teams are divided up.

Oh. Thanks for clearing that up. #SkimAlert

As a review of where we are (since you have been a bit predisposed)...

Tomorrow's announcements will give us the full complement of 40 players. As the contests have been occurring, the winners are being sponsored by the company sponsoring the contest they won...therefore, the whole field of 40 will also be assigned to their own sponsors. Team THP is the only one of the five who knows who the entire team will be. The other four teams have captains and assistant captains, but the remaining six spots on each team are still to be determined in some fashion.

Welcome back man!!

Yeah it will be really interesting to see how the teams are divided up.
I'm guessing they'll try to even out the handicaps. I don't think they give strokes in the matches.

As a review of where we are (since you have been a bit predisposed)...

Tomorrow's announcements will give us the full complement of 40 players. As the contests have been occurring, the winners are being sponsored by the company sponsoring the contest they won...therefore, the whole field of 40 will also be assigned to their own sponsors. Team THP is the only one of the five who knows who the entire team will be. The other four teams have captains and assistant captains, but the remaining six spots on each team are still to be determined in some fashion.

Welcome back man!!

Appreciate that!

Appreciate that!

I don't remember when exactly you left, so the other pertinent information/changes are:
1) Five terrific sponsors: Bridgestone, Callaway, Cleveland, Cobra, and TaylorMade
2) Media Day has been reconfigured as Staff Sponsor Day, where the players will get accustom to their clubs, and play nine holes with their sponsor, in addition to some media requirements.
3) All 40 players will receive their entire 14-clubs and staff bag the morning of Staff Sponsor Day (not before the event like in years past).
4) Social Media has a bigger role in this event, starting with the fact that every selection contest has been social media based.
5) Nate is the King of Vines, and we all cower in his presence.
6) Team Hackers is going to win, even without knowing their other six players.
7) The community has been doing a terrific job with supporting the contests, the winners, and the event in general.
8) We have a tremendous number of first timers, and THP newcomers, already in the field.

Ok, so I took some creative license somewhere in the middle there...but the rest is true.

Just one more step down the road. Glad you'll be around to watch it all go down. It's gonna be amazing.

I don't remember when exactly you left, so the other pertinent information/changes are:
1) Five terrific sponsors: Bridgestone, Callaway, Cleveland, Cobra, and TaylorMade
2) Media Day has been reconfigured as Staff Sponsor Day, where the players will get accustom to their clubs, and play nine holes with their sponsor, in addition to some media requirements.
3) All 40 players will receive their entire 14-clubs and staff bag the morning of Staff Sponsor Day (not before the event like in years past).
4) Social Media has a bigger role in this event, starting with the fact that every selection contest has been social media based.
5) Nate is the King of Vines, and we all cower in his presence.
6) Team Hackers is going to win, even without knowing their other six players.
7) The community has been doing a terrific job with supporting the contests, the winners, and the event in general.
8) We have a tremendous number of first timers, and THP newcomers, already in the field.

Ok, so I took some creative license somewhere in the middle there...but the rest is true.

Wow. Clubs at sponsor day is gonna bring some serious extra stress into the equation, for sure!

7 of 8 isn't too bad.

Wow. Clubs at sponsor day is gonna bring some serious extra stress into the equation, for sure!

By stress u mean excitement

As a lucky person to have already earned a spot, the nervousness doesn't go away. I'm anxiously awaiting to find out what team I will end up on, who my captain is and who my teammates are. Each captain has a unique personality that will lend well to the diversity if the event as a whole.

Let's get going everyone, it's about to get real.

Back