How Long is Your Work Commute?

Dr RosenRosen

Reaction score
Handicap
For me, a commute that should take 20 minutes without traffic is typically 45 minutes to an hour. Seattle may be one of the most beautiful cities in the U.S.; however, it compares with New York, L.A., and San Francisco with traffic. And each day, as I wind through traffic, taking every short cut I can think of to shorten an hour commute to 55 minutes, I wonder why the hell I do this every day...

Anyhoo, how long is your work commute?

15 Mins without traffic and about 20-25 with.

20-35 min traffic dependent, although I have found enough alternate routes that it rarely takes more than 30min. My wife has a 30 min drive that routinely takes 1 hour due to traffic. I don't think I could do that everyday.

1 minute walk up stairs to my office.

30 minutes without traffic. 50 minutes with traffic.

I am very lucky to live about 5 miles from work. Its under a 10 min commute for me. More expensive to Live that close, but my quality of life from not having to use freeways is through the roof so worth it.

25 minutes and there is never traffic, unless an accident or something.

With out traffic, 35 minutes. With, 50 minutes.

25 minutes door-to-door if there is a subway waiting to go - if no subway about 30-35

Work from home.

35 minutes each way.

15-20 minutes from about 17 miles away from downtown Dallas. I get in early (before 6) and leave around 3:30 typically.

25 minutes by car, rarely is traffic and issue. 50 minutes by bicycle.

I can walk it in less than 5 minutes....for now.

30-45 minutes. 22 miles each way

with traffic its about an hour. no traffic about 30 min or so.

7 minutes from my front door to my parking lot, then a 10 minute walk from there.

Coincidentally I'm in NYC this week for work. My hotel is on 29th street and I'm working at 14th street. Today I spent my half hour commute walking down the High Line:

fc0c96e10c404142617514fa60287b96.jpg

No traffic, no intersections, no "don't walk" signs…it was great!

About 20-25 min in the morning and 35-45 after work. 21 miles one way.

7 minutes from my front door to my parking lot, then a 10 minute walk from there.

Coincidentally I'm in NYC this week for work. My hotel is on 29th street and I'm working at 14th street. Today I spent my half hour commute walking down the High Line:

No traffic, no intersections, no "don't walk" signs…it was great!

I could spend a few weeks eating at the Chelsea Market and never get bored.

About 35 paces.

Less than 90 seconds if you don't count the time I spend at the continence store buying redbulls in the morning...living in a town with a population of 600-ish does have some benefits....but not very many.

Back