Anyone play Scratch Tour Department irons/wedges?

Mango Smash

Reaction score
Handicap
I have played a number of Scratch irons and wedges. Love their products. I have an opportunity to get a nearly new set of Tour Department irons and wedges from an acquaintance at a fraction of what they would cost me to go directly through Scratch. Irons and wedges are ground by Jeff McCoy. I played some of his JLM wedges a while back and loved the grinds. Now I know these will be different being 1 off type irons. I love the set make up, and they are DS type bounce which is what I have always played from them. Really contemplating selling a couple of my JDM iron sets and picking these up. Even if they don't work out for me, I don't think I would have any trouble getting what I would pay for them back reselling them.

Not sure what you are hoping to get out of them, but not a lot between your set and these in terms of performance. Your set will offer more forgiveness however. Im a firm believer in playing what you want, but if you are looking at it from a performance stand point, I would not make the move.

Gorgeous irons but I agree with JB.

How many sets of irons do you have, Mango!?!? Haha

Gorgeous irons but I agree with JB.

How many sets of irons do you have, Mango!?!? Haha

I definitely agree with JB. And as I have told him previously, I tend to not use the same set for multiple rounds. Always changing things. Love the performance from the J40s and should probably stick it out with them.

SkiBum, currently I have 2 sets of Tourstage 909 X-Blades, My J40s, a set of raw J33cb, and a set of Alpha V2 MB irons that Jim54 hooked me up with. Not 1 club in my bag is the same as the last THP outing I played. And that includes the bag... I have a problem...

I definitely agree with JB. And as I have told him previously, I tend to not use the same set for multiple rounds. Always changing things. Love the performance from the J40s and should probably stick it out with them.

SkiBum, currently I have 2 sets of Tourstage 909 X-Blades, My J40s, a set of raw J33cb, and a set of Alpha V2 MB irons that Jim54 hooked me up with. Not 1 club in my bag is the same as the last THP outing I played. And that includes the bag... I have a problem...

understatement of the day...

Hahaha the first step is admitting it, my friend :alien:

I adore the J40 DPC though, great freakin irons. The Scratch's you're talking about would sure be a sexy add to the stable though.

Back