THP TV - KBS Tour V Shafts Preview

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP talks with KBS about this new shaft line. Kim offers some great info about the design, where it came from and who it is made for.

I am a big fan of the KBS Tour V's. They are a great combo in the Apex Pros and come stock.

Just a superb shaft. Same feel as my KBS Tours, they just spin a little less. Useful when it's windy as the less spin means it's not getting as beat up either which way.

I am a big fan of the KBS Tour V's. They are a great combo in the Apex Pros and come stock.

Ditto this. I loved them in the short time I've spent with them, even picked up a couple of yards vs. the XP95's in the Apex.

Nice information. The Tour90 fits me so well, but I would really like to see the tifference that these make.

JM

Excellent information. For one I just recently started looking at #'s. For years I have been a stock shaft guy, and feel this process is going to be overwhelming. I recently reshaft end with the KBS Tours and love the ball flight. Haven't even been on a launch monitor as of yet.

So these Tour V shafts intrigue me.

Some amazing information there! I've been a big fan of KBS since I had them in my TM TP CBs. Sounds like the Vs are a great addition and could be right up my ally!

Excellent information. For one I just recently started looking at #'s. For years I have been a stock shaft guy, and feel this process is going to be overwhelming. I recently reshaft end with the KBS Tours and love the ball flight. Haven't even been on a launch monitor as of yet.

So these Tour V shafts intrigue me.

Only overwhelming if you put too much thought into it. Your best bet is to find a fitter and say to them, don't tell me what it is, just tell me to hit it. Let the best numbers win.

I have always played Dynamic Gold but I will definitely be giving KBS a serious look this year.

I have always played Dynamic Gold but I will definitely be giving KBS a serious look this year.

To me they are less harsh than the DG, YMMV. Seriously give them a try though. Very smooth.

JM

Nice information. The Tour90 fits me so well, but I would really like to see the tifference that these make.

JM

Big difference in my experiences with each thats for sure

I have no doubt a lot of people will love this shaft, especially if it shares many of the characteristics of the Tour. I love my Tours don't think I would get much out of these. Might hurt me cause I wouldn't want to lower my ball flight any from what I get with the original Tour. Great interview, always love to hear what Mr. Braley has to say.

Big difference in my experiences with each thats for sure

I see where James mentioned in terms of spin. What other Big differences Mike? I see that they are in your APEX irons. Explain a little of what you like about these over the stiffs if you can.

Thanks in advance

I see where James mentioned in terms of spin. What other Big differences Mike? I see that they are in your APEX irons. Explain a little of what you like about these over the stiffs if you can.

Thanks in advance

Lower launching and lower spinning are the big things.

Thanks in advance

Im a low spin player, so these arent quote working out as planned. While I have not been able to hit Apex with Tour 90's against Tour V's, I believe The Tour 90's and the high launch will ultimately lead to bigger carry distances for me. The lower launch with the Tour V's just doesnt suit my swing at the moment.

I will say its a amazing feeling shaft, there is no doubt about that whatsoever, but like anything else certain things work better for certain players

Exactly the information I was looking for. It jives with what was explained in the interview too.

Thanks man!

The KBS line now seems to really have something for everyone. Interesting to see how this shaft works for my game.

The Tour Vs were buttery smooth with a great ball flight when I hit them. That's why they are in my signature now. I like the lighter weight option because I have only played 85g prior to this set and want to get a set of shafts in this weight. I really hope they perform as well for me this season as they did at ECPC.

Looking forward to trying out the Tour-V....I'm debating on either the standard Tour or the Tour-V but leaning towards the Tour-V due to the lighter weight. Playing PX flighted 6.0 (closer to 6.5 actually) but want something less harsh and a shaft I don't have to go after it every time...

Lower launching and lower spinning are the big things.

Yes and yes. I have been playing with these at the PGA SS and I will not cry if shafts are in my clubs for the MC

I'd like to try them out in a lower flex, because the idea of lower spin/lower launch doesn't really do much for me at the moment. Not that I want to force myself into them, but just to know what they offer.

I'd like to try them out in a lower flex, because the idea of lower spin/lower launch doesn't really do much for me at the moment. Not that I want to force myself into them, but just to know what they offer.

Not gonna lie, I'd love to try them in an R flex.

Not gonna lie, I'd love to try them in an R flex.

Yea buddy. 100g would work. Curious about the flight though. I'm not in need of anything to lower my ball right now.

The only thing I miss from transitioning from the R11 irons to the XHot Pros is the KBS shafts. I will ultimately play with what a fitter tells me is best, but I do hope they are one of the KBS models. It is amazing how complete their offerings are now compared to just a couple of years back.

Back