Electronics Pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
In reality I should have gone with the Note3 first, but I got excited when I was told that my bill would drop 30 bucks hahaha!

Damn phone calls from verizon getting me all weird.

good to know I'm not the only one who panic's when that happens.
At best buy I was set on either Droid Maxx or G2, until the moment the girl came up to ask what my choice was. Blurted out s4.

I am debating going with the ATT Next. It is 18 bucks a month for 18 months for the G2. Normally I wouldn't consider it, but I am over a year away from an upgrade and I am SICK of my Iphone

To be honest, I am just looking for a non iphone that takes good pictures and runs smooth. It will be a learning curve, but I am basically helpless when it comes to this stuff haha

To be honest, I am just looking for a non iphone that takes good pictures and runs smooth. It will be a learning curve, but I am basically helpless when it comes to this stuff haha

The learning curve was basically non-existent for me. It would be much much different if you were going from always using Android and switching to Apple. Everything is much easier and more convenient to do.

good to know I'm not the only one who panic's when that happens.
At best buy I was set on either Droid Maxx or G2, until the moment the girl came up to ask what my choice was. Blurted out s4.

hahahahaha I was sitting there on my phone with this poor woman waiting for me to pick between Note3 and S4. I had her basically cover everything else while I looked at the two on Verizon.com...

Man oh man... That's fine. It'll pay for itself over the course of the contract while I contemplate what could have been!

In the 20 minute drive from home to work my battery went from 100% to 90% by just being connected to blue tooth in my car and I wasnt even using it.

get the big dawg battery

Am I missing something here? So it's "scary accurate" in forecasting weather happening in the next 60 minutes. AND, it's $3.99?

Hyper-accurate weather app Dark Sky gets new design, extended forecasts
http://www.theverge.com/2014/1/27/5350316/dark-sky-new-design-extended-forecasts

Dark Sky has been hailed as one of the best weather apps for the iPhone thanks to its scarily accurate predictions. Today, the app is getting a complete redesign and a bunch of new features that make it more than just a way to see if it is going to rain in the next hour.
The original Dark Sky app was the product of a Kickstarter campaign and was fairly limited. It offered very accurate weather predictions and pinpoint location accuracy, but it didn't provide any information for what might happen beyond the next hour. The developers eventually released a service and accompanying web app called Forecast.io to fill in the gaps of the native Dark Sky app. But web apps aren't great replacements for native apps, so the developers spent two years working to bring the functionality of Forecast.io to the native app.

For me, defeats the purpose of having a small phone to attach a cinderblock to it.

agreed. There is a zero lemon one you can get that is 3,000mah and still fits in the original casing. Little boost and still slim.

agreed. There is a zero lemon one you can get that is 3,000mah and still fits in the original casing. Little boost and still slim.

Oh really? I did not know that. I will go look right now. Thanks Deano.

For me, defeats the purpose of having a small phone to attach a cinderblock to it.

whatever...

not sure why I bought one, Im still putting it on the charger every night for some stupid reason

whatever...

not sure why I bought one, Im still putting it on the charger every night for some stupid reason

I'll buy a FrankenLemon and charge it most nights as well. I just like having the confidence of never HAVING to charge.

Plus, as much as people don't like the bulk, I do. Rinkydink narrow phones don't really impress me when in hand. Give me mah brick!

I am debating going with the ATT Next. It is 18 bucks a month for 18 months for the G2. Normally I wouldn't consider it, but I am over a year away from an upgrade and I am SICK of my Iphone

You can pick up a Moto X for 329.99 off contract of a Nexus 5 for 349.00.

The whole android thing almost overwhelms me.

I have always had an Iphone.. Had the original, the 3G, 4, and 4s. Now I am ready to switch to Android. I guess what I am looking for is one that isn't massive like the Note 3, but still has a solid camera. I was super jealous of the pics JB was taking at the Grandaddy

Oh really? I did not know that. I will go look right now. Thanks Deano.

FWIW I gt that one for my S4... a little improvement, but not life changing. I'm still down to single digits by 8-9PM depending upon usage. I'm going to go for the Anker or the larger ZeroLemon prior to TheKing so I don't miss anything.

Yep, I saw your post. I did not see a suggestion from you on which to get given what I wanted though...

More of a comment on to not be afraid of Android coming from Apple.

I appreciate that, but I guess I just need help on deciding which phone. Maybe it is my indecisiveness

I dont think you can go wrong with any of them. Just go to the store, try them out. Get a fitting and see which has the best numbers. Oh wait wrong thread.. Haha

The whole android thing almost overwhelms me.

I have always had an Iphone.. Had the original, the 3G, 4, and 4s. Now I am ready to switch to Android. I guess what I am looking for is one that isn't massive like the Note 3, but still has a solid camera. I was super jealous of the pics JB was taking at the Grandaddy

I dare you to get an S4. DARE you.

I dare you to get an S4. DARE you.

Like I told you earlier.. that or the G2 I think will be what I end up going with. No stores near me have the G2 in stock and the att online store doesn't have it either which sucks. Hopefully there will be more in stock soon

Like I told you earlier.. that or the G2 I think will be what I end up going with. No stores near me have the G2 in stock and the att online store doesn't have it either which sucks. Hopefully there will be more in stock soon

I think it's a sign. S4.

If I could do it over again, I would have gone with the G2. Not that there is anything wrong with the S4, I just think it was a bit overhyped when I bought it.

Hold out if you can. LOVE my G2 - I'm on T-Mobile tho. Looked long and hard at the S4 and the Note 3. My sister has a Note 3 and there wasn't anything on it that made it any better than the G2. The screen is just as clear, the reception just as good, I can write little notes on mine like you can on the Note 3. The S4, I felt, was less phone than what I got. And, with my wifi on nearly all of the time, and random use of other things, like GPS, my battery will last me at least two days before I need to charge. The only drawback for me was no expandable mem, but, it comes with 32g as it was, so no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back