Mission Inn - El Campeon

#5 has to be one of the most difficult greens I've ever played.

Our group assumed the greenskeeper was in a really really bad mood this morning. Seriously what was that pin placement?

Effing tree

Bringing a chainsaw next time.

Tough course, so challenging and demands perfection off the tees and with the Sunday pin placements on the greens as well.

Course designer internal monologue, "what can I do to really eff with people that hit a decent drive and a decent second shot? Put a tree in the middle of the fairway!"

Both days were tough. Saturday I was in the bunker, trying to stay short of the pin. Big mistake. It came back off the front.

Watched War Eagle hit the green on 17, only to back it up into the water.

The wind definitely helped with my power draw.

Sounds like EL C. won out this weekend. Tough track right there

The wind definitely helped with my power draw.

Lots of wind...not like Texas wind but pretty brutal at times and very constant.

I could not read the breaks right today but my speed was pretty decent. For some reason I ended up smacking a putt about 10 foot past the cup, and Trout Bum said "what was that?". The only answer I could come up with was "caught a flyer".

I could not read the breaks right today but my speed was pretty decent. For some reason I ended up smacking a putt about 10 foot past the cup, and Trout Bum said "what was that?". The only answer I could come up with was "caught a flyer".

We had a couple that were obviously downhill putts that would end up 6-7ft short, then be lightning fast coming down for the second putt. Angry greenskeeper

Both days were tough. Saturday I was in the bunker, trying to stay short of the pin. Big mistake. It came back off the front.

Watched War Eagle hit the green on 17, only to back it up into the water.
#17, aka the Devils Delight thought that since I was boasting about escaping with Par on Saturday, that my fortune should not be so good again on Sunday.

Nothing like throwing a perfect wedge shot to a green, only to see it stick pin high, and then just slowly trickle down the entire green, through the "rough" and plunge in to the water.

Brutal, but what a great golf hole.

#17, aka the Devils Delight thought that since I was boasting about escaping with Par on Saturday, that my fortune should not be so good again on Sunday.

Nothing like throwing a perfect wedge shot to a green, only to see it stick pin high, and then just slowly trickle down the entire green, through the "rough" and plunge in to the water.

Brutal, but what a great golf hole.

I was gutted FOR you.

It is SUCH an awesome golf hole though.

I was gutted FOR you.

It is SUCH an awesome golf hole though.
It is a fantastic hole, one of my favorites in all of golf. It's a hole that requires perfect execution with each swing.

It is a fantastic hole, one of my favorites in all of golf. It's a hole that requires perfect execution with each swing.

Damn course designers and their fairway trees.

The voice of El Campeon says...

"THPers were my biotches this weekend".

Lol, that course molested me both days, I became submissive.

Sounds like this course ate everyone's lunch during the Ultimate Club Testing. A challenging course. I look forward to playing there sometime.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I ended up in the back bunker on 5 and had to come back down to that crazy hole location.

Made an 8 both days on 17. Beautiful, but it's definitely the hardest golf hole I've ever played. So much to think about. I was right behind the big tree both days after hitting drives in two completely different places.

It hurts sooo good though.

Post TaylorMade Ultimate Club Testing, I came home raving about El Campeon. My buddies immediately planned a trip and they are heading down this Friday to play a round w/ some of their out of town friends.

I really enjoyed that course a ton, it's a tough but fair test of where your game's at lol. I hope they have a blast!

I really enjoyed that course a ton, it's a tough but fair test of where your game's at lol. I hope they have a blast!

It's especially tough when your game doesn't travel with you. But it is such a gorgeous course and I want a rematch with it soon.

It was humbling that's for sure, the elevation changes were something we rarely see in the south and caused a ton of overthinking from so many different lies.

It was humbling that's for sure, the elevation changes were something we rarely see in the south and caused a ton of overthinking from so many different lies.

Not to mention the greens

We did ourselves ZERO favors playing Las Colinas Friday....night and day

I agree, after shooting a good round there I thought I had it licked lol, I did, I licked the tail of a champion Saturday and Sunday lol. It tasted bad.

Back