The THP Range/Practice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
More putting for me today. I tell ya what it's amazing what kind of motivation the #THPMC gives ya, I haven't missed a day of putting for at least 30-45 mins since being selected. I would get bored of it before, now #TheGrindIsReal no boredom, no let ups.

Oh I know man. I wish I could get all my body figured out and hit those bombs. Trust me I am working on it and actually watching the golf fix now where Micheal Breed is talking about the weight shift. If any could teach me correctly and I hit a 275 yard drive I would write a check out to them for $500. Last year when I was in the good drive groove I was averaging 230-255.
No reason you couldn't be hitting it 275 yards with your size. All in the mechanics and power moves. Pro's your size are hitting it further. It's just about getting that club set and using those bigger lower body muscles.

Had an empty day, so I went over to a local course and worked on putting, chipping and pitching, sand play, then hit a bucket of balls before calling it a day. Putting stroke felt really solid, which was nice. Short game felt so-so. Second string (ie the same shot with a second ball) as usual was getting up and down from everywhere. Just need to trust the shot on the first time and not worry about how far it goes. The inconsistency showed up when I doubted myself.

Towards the end, I got bored and started pitching and chipping with just my right arm. That was a lot more fun than it should have been.

Yeah and what kind of yardage do you get out of your driver?

Here in denver I hit about 310-320 ish average on a solid strike. I played in vegas and hit a few over 300. Sea level I would assume about 290 ish. Its definitely mechanics bro. Getting the body in sync and center face contact. I focus a lot on hip turn restriction on the back swing at the same time making a good sholder turn. Then get that lower body moving to start the downswing and turn the body thru impact. All easier said than done but most definitely possible! You got it bro!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Here in denver I hit about 310-320 ish average on a solid strike. I played in vegas and hit a few over 300. Sea level I would assume about 290 ish. Its definitely mechanics bro. Getting the body in sync and center face contact. I focus a lot on hip turn restriction on the back swing at the same time making a good sholder turn. Then get that lower body moving to start the downswing and turn the body thru impact. All easier said than done but most definitely possible! You got it bro!

Wow I got some work to do. I would go crazy if I could hit numbers like that. Did you watch my video in t the swing tips to see what I got going on?

Wow I got some work to do. I would go crazy if I could hit numbers like that. Did you watch my video in t the swing tips to see what I got going on?

Yes I did. You have a very smooth swing. While im no expert by any means I would work on restricting hip turn on the back swing to store more energy/tension between upper and lower body. More coil basically... restricting the hip turn will make your swing more compact but more powerful

Went down to the basement tonight and hit tons of ball into the net. While doing that I was really paying attention to my legs and body on my backswing after discussing what I need to do with KC720. Well after about 20 balls I started to get the hang of not going back so much with my hips and swaying and bam I felt like I was rotating through awesome with some great swings. After the great iron work tonight worked on the putter tonight 7 feet in for half an hour. Im starting to get use to the SmartSqaure Putter which is defiantly improving my putting. Lessons tomorrow night and hoping to get some videoing in.

Went down to the basement tonight and hit tons of ball into the net. While doing that I was really paying attention to my legs and body on my backswing after discussing what I need to do with KC720. Well after about 20 balls I started to get the hang of not going back so much with my hips and swaying and bam I felt like I was rotating through awesome with some great swings. After the great iron work tonight worked on the putter tonight 7 feet in for half an hour. Im starting to get use to the SmartSqaure Putter which is defiantly improving my putting. Lessons tomorrow night and hoping to get some videoing in.

Love it!

Love hearing the progress Coers. Keep up the great work!

Keep up that work and we're going to change your goal from 10 to 5! Love to see the hard work teammate it will all pay off buddy!

Love hearing the progress Coers. Keep up the great work!
thanks Ryan, trying to work on my swing like no other. How's yours going for you?

Keep up that work and we're going to change your goal from 10 to 5! Love to see the hard work teammate it will all pay off buddy!

Haha I will man. That would be sweet if I got down to five. Never know though with all this snow I might create the ultimate swing when I come out of the igloo.

So excited to get a green (yellow) light to swing some clubs....and...too cold and snow. Heated range will be utilized soon and no matter will have a smile on my face!

So excited to get a green (yellow) light to swing some clubs....and...too cold and snow. Heated range will be utilized soon and no matter will have a smile on my face!

Soon buddy!

Spent some time this afternoon on the shortgame area before playing 9 just working with my wedges. Wanting to find what I had at the end of last summer, and finally today something just clicked.

Was able to get some full control with the wedges in hand, and had me feeling quite good about some progress I have been wanting.

Spent some time this afternoon on the shortgame area before playing 9 just working with my wedges. Wanting to find what I had at the end of last summer, and finally today something just clicked.

Was able to get some full control with the wedges in hand, and had me feeling quite good about some progress I have been wanting.

That's my teammate. Keep doing work buddy.

Nice Ryan. Bet it felt good to get out there. I love working on my wedge game.

That's my teammate. Keep doing work buddy.

Nice Ryan. Bet it felt good to get out there. I love working on my wedge game.
Have to get the wedges dialed in, dudes. I know it's in there somewhere, and today it just started clicking again.

I just finished my practice session for the night as well. Started with 15 minutes stretching routine, then a little OWhip, then 30 balls and I quit. Just wanted to focus on one thing, which was getting a good connected turn off the ball. Not going to try to do to much before my lesson since who knows what he'll want me to work on. I just worked on what Freddie and I had been talking about. Toe balls are going away. I can't even believe it. They've been a plague for months now. Finished up with some putting and now drinking some OJ.

I just finished my practice session for the night as well. Started with 15 minutes stretching routine, then a little OWhip, then 30 balls and I quit. Just wanted to focus on one thing, which was getting a good connected turn off the ball. Not going to try to do to much before my lesson since who knows what he'll want me to work on. I just worked on what Freddie and I had been talking about. Toe balls are going away. I can't even believe it. They've been a plague for months now. Finished up with some putting and now drinking some OJ.

Whats the toe ball cure?

Whats the toe ball cure?

For me it just seems a lot of it is related to not taking the club back so inside. If I'm connected and on plane going back I'm not throwing my hands to the inside, which is what I've been doing for awhile now. It was slowly improving, but the last three sessions or so have been big time improvements. I could literally toe 30 balls in a row with no problem at all dude.

For me it just seems a lot of it is related to not taking the club back so inside. If I'm connected and on plane going back I'm not throwing my hands to the inside, which is what I've been doing for awhile now. It was slowly improving, but the last three sessions or so have been big time improvements. I could literally toe 30 balls in a row with no problem at all dude.

Interesting. ..I'm sure that would do me some good too.

Standing closer to the ball too?

Interesting. ..I'm sure that would do me some good too.

Standing closer to the ball too?

A little bit, but it's not as a big change. Like an inch maybe? I'm just sitting the club down and addressing it, rather than purposely trying to flatten it out.

Really though, the help that Freddie gave me on sucking the club inside has helped a whole bunch. It's like an immediate killer. My launch angle with my irons, which was so high from the flipping has dropped a good 4° since I started working on it. I just don't have to make as many last minute hand adjustments to get the club anywhere near the ball.

Really though, the help that Freddie gave me on sucking the club inside has helped a whole bunch. It's like an immediate killer. My launch angle with my irons, which was so high from the flipping has dropped a good 4° since I started working on it. I just don't have to make as many last minute hand adjustments to get the club anywhere near the ball.

Solid...I need to get my swing on video again it's been 2 months. Need the last minute forward press to go away as I'm just de lofting it even more and helping introduce the bottom grooves faster

Solid...I need to get my swing on video again it's been 2 months. Need the last minute forward press to go away as I'm just de lofting it even more and helping introduce the bottom grooves faster

Yea that's bad news man. Kill that asap! That's just begging to force the club inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back