What iron do you hit the most?

I say my most used club is any of my wedges - PW, 50/54/58 ATV wedges. I use them all for full swing shots and have their respective distances pretty dialed in, so one of the four is almost always used for approach shots multiple times in a round.

Other than my 60* wedge which I use ALL OF THE TIME, most likely 8 iron or UW.

8 iron = 150-160
UW = 120-125

For some reason the 8-iron gets the most use of all my irons (not counting the wedges, or the 4-iron I use to chip out of the trees, etc...).

I would have to say 8-9 iron for full swings but I use my 55° SW for damn near anything around the green from 60 yds on in except in bunkers.

My local course is fairly short, so my 5 iron doesn't see a lot of use. My GW and 7 iron get the most use by far. I could see how that would change on a longer course (or if I "manned up" and started playing from the back tees).

I use my AW to chip around the green, so it sees more action that anything else. I really have no idea on full swings, I'm going to go with PW just because that's the distance I try and lay up to if I can't reach the green.

As part as irons go I hit my 8-iron the most because I'm comfortable playing it in a 20 yard spread. As for all irons, the 50 degree wedge is the most used club in my bag next to the putter.

Hard to say. I play so many different courses that I really dont find myself using one club more than others.

So I will just say whichever one gets me closest to the hole. :alien:

My 7-iron seems to be the club of choice, although I do a lot with my PW as well.

Depends on the course. For shorter courses, probably the 54*. For longer courses, probably 8i.

First thought for me would be AW, but I've never really paid attention.

Definitely 7 iron for me. Has the most wear on the face of my set and one that I base everything off of and my go to, to work on swing issues at the range.

Of my set irons (4-PW), basically the longer the iron the less it gets used. Never kept stats on this kind of thing but I feel like my 8 iron (contrary to what others are saying) gets used less than expected

For me it's the 7-iron. I'm really confident I can hit it between 150-155 yards, straight.

Leaving all those out, I'd say I hit my 5 iron the most, it's my go to club from around 210 and I use it quite a bit for knockdowns, long chips and the punch out!

Definitely my 8i. It's my 150 club and the distance I usually try to get to off a drive or on a par 5. I actually feel more confident from 140-150 than I probably do from 100.

Another vote for the 7 iron, closely followed by the PW.

I'd say 7 iron but that's because it's the club I hit the most on the range. During play, I'd say wedges

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

Currently - 7 iron, and not by accident. I am comfortable with it at full swings and took time to learn to hit it with a few different types of shots.

Excluding the putter, driver and all wedges, I don't think there is any club that gets used much more than another. For getting out of trouble the five is my go-to if I need to hit one low and pretty long from under the trees. or probably the 8 or a wedge if I am just trying to extract myself and don't need to worry about hitting it higher. Otherwise, everything in my bag is situational based on getting from where my drive landed to where I can putt.

Speedliner, if you are indeed at a 36 handicap my sincere recommendation would be to get some clubs that are as forgiving as you can find without regard to how they look. But the path to cutting that handicap in half has very little to do with equipment and a lot to do with making good decisions and staying out of trouble. That means trying to find the fairway with your drive of course, even if it means losing some potential yardage by swinging easier. It means laying up in front of that creak when the manly thing would be to try to get over it. And most of all it means taking your lumps when you get in trouble and making sure you are not making your next shot from more trouble. Whatever club between driver and wedge is most used, it will be in the middle of a whole set of irons you will need to hit sometimes. (Sorry if I'm drifting off topic.)

Not counting my 64, which I hit pretty much everywhere inside 80, I'd say my 8i and pw get my most use. When laying up I generally try for 150, which is my 9i. But for some odd reason, I seem to hit the club on either side much more often. After them, I'd say my 200 yard driving iron gets a lot of use because on any par 5 under 550 yards I'll hit it twice.

The courses I play around me, with my distance off the tee other than wedges it seems like I mostly hit my 7 and 8 iron. If I'm really hitting it well off the tee that'll change to 9 or PW.

If not counting my 50*, next would be my 8 iron. Those two clubs are the distacne I'm trying to get to when playing to a number.

Tough call. Either my 56* wedge or driver followed by maybe my 9 iron. I know on any hole including par 5s when I lay up I try to get to 100 yards: it's the yardage I've grown really comfortable with

I'd say 7 and 8 iron for me. I can hit three or four different shots with each of them and use them more often for a special shot, that as a full distance shot as they were designed.

Back