atumena9.jpg

Live music tonight!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

qa5enyga.jpg

Monday is when it's all supposed to show up. I'm excited. Watching that band got me super excited.

Monday is when it's all supposed to show up. I'm excited. Watching that band got me super excited.

Sweet! I'm excited for you man! Send me pictures of everything, I'm curious about the g-400, what color did you get

Ebony, I like black though if there was a restock cherry I would have gotten that.

Dang if Ups delivered on Saturday I'd have part of it today haha. Tracking is horrible.

Got to play through the Blackstar HT-20 and the HT-5R today, and I've gotta say they are both excellent. They sound so Marshall-ish it's not even funny, and both sound awesome at practice volumes. I think the HT-20 is the better buy though, because since it has the master volume, it means I can drive the OD volume knob pretty hard without blasting my ears off. Also, the Celestion speaker they have in there sounds significantly fuller than the speaker in the HT-5R. All in all both are great little amps, about the only thing you can't do on them is just insane level black metal type distortion, but that could be easily fixed with a pedal or two. Honestly the onboard distortion is more than enough for me 95% of the time.

Got to play through the Blackstar HT-20 and the HT-5R today, and I've gotta say they are both excellent. They sound so Marshall-ish it's not even funny, and both sound awesome at practice volumes. I think the HT-20 is the better buy though, because since it has the master volume, it means I can drive the OD volume knob pretty hard without blasting my ears off. Also, the Celestion speaker they have in there sounds significantly fuller than the speaker in the HT-5R. All in all both are great little amps, about the only thing you can't do on them is just insane level black metal type distortion, but that could be easily fixed with a pedal or two. Honestly the onboard distortion is more than enough for me 95% of the time.

This is why I bought the amp, I leave the volume about 2 o'clock on the clean channel and then drive it with a pedal, it gives me a very consistent sound I don't have to worry about matching the volumes of both channels.

v7Uszaq.jpg

My set up for tonight.

Beauty there Satch! I see the ht20 there, what's the other Blackstar?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Musicians???

Beauty there Satch! I see the ht20 there, what's the other Blackstar?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

It's a Blackstar ID:60TVP, it's a pretty sick high end programmable amp, you can do a lot of stuff with it, I don't use it as much as my HT20 though, that's my main amp.

Last edited:
nice setup satch!

I am going to sit down and write some tomorrow, have had a few ideas floating in my head.

For those that were asking about the Blackstar doing heavy distortion.... here's a sampling of a few songs I've recorded. The gain is all from the Blackstar HT5 amp - no boosts or extra distortion pedals used. These mixes just have some subtractive EQ and compression, and the leads have delay/reverb added on in the mix.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2056550/blackstar samples.mp3

For those that were asking about the Blackstar doing heavy distortion.... here's a sampling of a few songs I've recorded. The gain is all from the Blackstar HT5 amp - no boosts or extra distortion pedals used. These mixes just have some subtractive EQ and compression, and the leads have delay/reverb added on in the mix.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2056550/blackstar samples.mp3

Sounds good man, it all depends on the position of the ISF, going to the left gives it a tighter mid which in my opinion is best for heavier overdrive tones. The right is more of a British voicing and reminds me more of the Marshall roots. Great recording man.

I finally bought a guitar on Friday. Yamaha FGX700sc. Soon I need to find out the best way to teach myself, but for now my fingers just hurt haha.

I finally bought a guitar on Friday. Yamaha FGX700sc. Soon I need to find out the best way to teach myself, but for now my fingers just hurt haha.

Start with you tube on how to hold a pick and stuff like that, it helps.

8EAdCqz.jpg

My other guitarist's jazz master, I forget what year it is but it think it's 76, it's a very interesting guitar.

Well the guitar is delivered according to ups.

The amp is on its way.

Also my shoes are at the post office, but that's not entirely related.

Also my shoes are at the post office, but that's not entirely related.

Sounds like a good weekend lol.

sent without the boss's knowledge...

Sounds good man, it all depends on the position of the ISF, going to the left gives it a tighter mid which in my opinion is best for heavier overdrive tones. The right is more of a British voicing and reminds me more of the Marshall roots. Great recording man.

Yep this is pretty much what I found in my brief time with it. You can get pretty lethal metal tones on the US side of the ISF, particularly if you crank the OD channel volume (keep the master down so you don't blow out your eardrums haha). If you keep the gain up and turn it over to British though, you're in Zeppelin/Sabbath heaven.

I've been eyeballing the Fender Aerodyne bass lately. I think I'm ready to step up from my Peavy and I just love the look and sound you get with the Aerodyne.

Yep this is pretty much what I found in my brief time with it. You can get pretty lethal metal tones on the US side of the ISF, particularly if you crank the OD channel volume (keep the master down so you don't blow out your eardrums haha). If you keep the gain up and turn it over to British though, you're in Zeppelin/Sabbath heaven.

Dammit! I'm trying really hard not to go buy one of those things and its really not helping having you drop names like that all over the place! Geez, man! ;)

sent without the boss's knowledge...

Back