ECCO Releases G-Mac World Class Special Edition Shoe

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a press release

Danish company ECCO - a leading global manufacturer of innovative footwear - announces the introduction of a signature edition of its acclaimed World Class model honoring staff player Graeme McDowell.

Launched today at us.shop.ecco.com/Graeme-World-Class.html and finer golf shops throughout America, the G-Mac Special Edition is handcrafted by artisans working at the ECCO factory in Porto, Portugal. Commemorating McDowell's 2010 U.S. Open winning score, the shoe is produced in a limited run of 284 pairs. Each showcases a variety of distinctive details, including:

• G-Mac metal plate logo embedded into the stacked leather heel
• Gold-colored shoelace eyelets
• Premium leather outsole with G-Mac logo imprint
• Gold-colored metal spikes and interchangeable Q-LOK spikes by CHAMP

"Combining trend-setting silhouettes, remarkably-premium materials and advanced technologies, this is a luxury golf shoe in the truest sense," says McDowell. "It perfectly complements my personal style and performance criteria."

Designed by McDowell in collaboration with ECCO CEO Dieter Kasprzak, the G-Mac Special Edition comes in three exclusive upper colors, each made from luxurious ECCO leathers. The shoes are further distinguished by a GORE-TEX® waterproof construction, ECCO Second Skin full leather lining and removable leather covered inlay sole with ECCO Comfort Fibre System™ (ECFS) that increases air circulation for a perfect inner climate.

"A Major victory is one that should be applauded and we worked closely with Graeme throughout every aspect of the design process," says Michael Waack, Head of Global Golf at ECCO. "Mirroring his exquisite taste, the World Class is the perfect model to bear his name."

The ECCO Golf collection is endorsed by scores of other Tour stars worldwide, including Fred Couples, Ernie Els, Thomas Bjørn, Marcel Siem, Thongchai Jaidee, Will Wilcox, Na Yeon Choi, Caroline Masson, Jennifer Johnson, Sadena Parks, Kendall Dye, Line Vedel Hansen, Pernilla Lindberg, Therese Koelbaek, Sophie Giquel-Bettan, Liz Young, Sally Watson, Linda Wessberg, Emily Kristine Pedersen and Nanna Madsen, among others.

2152589.jpg

They look great but something tells me these would not be great shoes to walk 18 with in south GA.

Those look awesome.

The world class golf shoes usually cost around $500. I wonder if these will be more expensive.

Also -- can't believe it's already been five years since GMac won the U.S. Open.

Man those are beautiful, I love a classic looking shoe.

Limiting the production to McDowell's 2010 US Open win of 284, interesting.

Those look awesome.

The world class golf shoes usually cost around $500. I wonder if these will be more expensive.

Also -- can't believe it's already been five years since GMac won the U.S. Open.

They have to be $284, correct?

It's only appropriate! ;)

When I think Ecco I usually think comfortable....these make my feet hurt looking at them

They look nice but I don't think I will be venturing into a purchase. Like others feet are hurting just looking at them.

They look ok, like already said it's hard to believe its been 5 years. Could be the most comfy shoe ever but no course here would let me wear them, lol.

That's one fancy looking shoe, reminds me of a suit shoe than a golf shoe.

I bet they are much more comfortable than people think, the gold colored metal spikes are a nice touch.

I miss the old Footjoy Classics, these are pretty much the same but "limited run" of 284 is meh.

I'd rock em for sure. I like them a lot, but I'm sure it's out of my budgetary realm.

I love the old school look (and the gold spikes!) of them. Also, I'm a bit weird, but I think the Ecco dress shoes are actually more comfortable than their golf shoes (I own multiple pairs of each) and my guess is that these would be pretty comfortable.

Classy looking shoe. I used to wear shoes like that...15+ years ago. I prefer a more casual look these days.

They look great but something tells me these would not be great shoes to walk 18 with in south GA.

That was my first thought. Makes my feet hurt looking at them.

They look ok, like already said it's hard to believe its been 5 years. Could be the most comfy shoe ever but no course here would let me wear them, lol.

You can come to my home course. We still sell metal spikes.

At 500 bones these would have to be my everyday shoe, except I don't know that I would want to wear them every single round just because I'd be afraid of any scuffs, dirt, etc touching them!

I really love those shoes, but I'm not in a position financially where $500 shoes are even considered haha.

I miss the sound of the metal spike hitting the concrete. Like the shoe.

Back