Wilson Staff FG17 Tour Blade restoration.

glad i gave you the tip that they were at the flea market, they are looking very nice, reminds me of the days i used to play blades and hit "almost" 300 yard drives, back in the day of course, lol

They came out great dude. Great job.

Looking good so far!

thats a really fun project Jimmy, they look great. Do you plan to game them a bit?

glad i gave you the tip that they were at the flea market, they are looking very nice, reminds me of the days i used to play blades and hit "almost" 300 yard drives, back in the day of course, lol

I can't wait to see those famous "almost" 300 yard drives in person

Looking good so far!

Nice job so far Jimmy, those are looking good.

Here are some after pictures they shined up really nicely. Going to do the paintfill tomorrow. Going to use black, white, and red.

8d33e20ce53f72934041015c7dc88dbc.jpg

I'm happy with how that came out so far. I might try a power buffer before doing the paintfill tomorrow. No more rust on these puppies!

Excellent work so far. To get a really fine polish I like to use diamond paste on a cloth wheel. I use a firm wheel but for general polishing a softer wheel would work well also. I would say 15K grit paste would really shine them up well. I would only do the backs and soles though, you can create a mirror-like finish in no time.

Excellent work so far. To get a really fine polish I like to use diamond paste on a cloth wheel. I use a firm wheel but for general polishing a softer wheel would work well also. I would say 15K grit paste would really shine them up well. I would only do the backs and soles though, you can create a mirror-like finish in no time.
Thanks for the tip dude. I will definitely look into that! It will be neat to game them every once in awhile just to see what it's like to play old school blades. And of course it'll be cool to have them look good while doing it!

thats a really fun project Jimmy, they look great. Do you plan to game them a bit?

I can't wait to see those famous "almost" 300 yard drives in person
I definitely will play them from time to time. I might always try and find some old balata balls to play with them and bust out my old persimmon woods to go with them.

Dont hold your breath on the almost 300 yard drives lol as long as 240 counts as almost 300 :alien:

I definitely will play them from time to time. I might always try and find some old balata balls to play with them and bust out my old persimmon woods to go with them.

Dont hold your breath on the almost 300 yard drives lol as long as 240 counts as almost 300 :alien:

I'll take 240 in the fairway any day

You did a really good job with those Jimmy.

Great looking irons.

SaA

Are you thinking of re-shafting with new shafts on these? I thought about that with my old set, since I think part of the issue with them is the shafts are so old and not right for me. Except it's missing I believe the 7iron, which is no bueno haha

Looking good already jimmy!

Paintfill applied! Just going to let it dry so I can clean it up.

c14337040339afac5a6cf2ddfcb75ecc.jpg

5518ce9c30342f1bc97125cbab2c485a.jpg

Wow Jimmy, you work fast and they look great!

Sent from my D5316 using Tapatalk

They are looking fantastic buddy!

Wow Jimmy, you work fast and they look great!

Sent from my D5316 using Tapatalk
It's good and bad lol I don't like starting projects and not finishing them but sometimes that's a pain in the rear lol

Looking good dude! The paint will be icing on the cake, i think your color choices will look sweet

Love the color choices man, those are gonna look sexy.

These are gonna be hot

Man those are going to look great with the paint fill scheme you have going there! You really should play a round or two with them. I still bring mine out once in a while.

I can't wait to see the final pics on these, they're going to look gorgeous.

nice progress

Back