$1 billion prize for perfect bracket

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
This is pretty cool. I don't think I will do my normal pick Kansas to win it all for this one! Don't know where you sign up yet, but I am sure that info will come in plenty of time!

Thanks to coers for providing the link: http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspo...-warren-buffetts-1-billion-bracket-challenge/

$1 billion prize for perfect bracket

DETROIT -- Correctly predicting the outcome of every game in the NCAA men's basketball tournament is no layup. There's now a $1 billion prize waiting for anyone able to pull off the feat this spring.

You read that right. That's billion. With a "B." Quicken Loans Inc. announced Tuesday that it will team with investor Warren Buffett's Omaha, Neb.,-based Berkshire Hathaway on the "Billion Dollar Bracket Challenge."

The Detroit-based mortgage lender says any qualified entrant who correctly predicts the winners of every game in the tournament will be paid in 40 annual installments of $25 million. The odds of achieving such a feat? Well, there are 9,223,372,036,854,775,808 -- that's 9 quintillion (with a "Q") -- ways to fill out a bracket, and entries will be limited to one per household.

A winner can elect to receive an immediate $500 million lump-sum payment or share in that payment if there's more than one perfect bracket submitted.

"We've seen a lot of contests offering a million dollars for putting together a good bracket, which got us thinking, what is the perfect bracket worth?" Quicken Loans president Jay Farner said in a release. "We decided a billion dollars seems right for such an impressive feat."

In addition to the potential grand prize, Quicken Loans will award $100,000 each to the contest's 20 most accurate "imperfect" brackets submitted by qualified entrants in the contest to use toward buying, refinancing or remodeling a home.

John Diver, director of product development for ESPN Fantasy, said not a single bracket among the almost 30 million entries submitted to ESPN's Tournament Challenge over the past 16 years has been perfect.

"I don't want to say it's impossible," Diver said, "but it's basically impossible."

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas.../1-billion-offered-perfect-tournament-bracket

Last edited:
"I don't want to say it's impossible," Diver said, "but it's basically impossible."
Ha ..^

There will never be a perfect bracket. Ever, unless it isn't filled out yet. But man, talk about putting your money where your mouth is?

I think it is a good year if I get three of the Final Four teams right...

Why isnt Dan GIlbert using this money to lure free agents to Cleveland....DOH

one in 9,223,372,036,854,775,808 -- that's 9 quintillion (with a "Q")

images

Haha... this is incredible... challenge accepted.

I heard about this a week or so ago, and I do a bracket every year...there's a chance, and it's free to try, so why not?

Don't forget about this one!

Lol this is amazing. Why not give it a try, never know

Signed up last night after they announced the teams. They are only accepting 15 million brackets, so get your in soon.

I got my bracket in this morning. I decided to go outside the box and REALLY throw my chances to the wind. I picked L'ville to repeat with a win over Michigan St. Good luck to you all!

I got my bracket in this morning. I decided to go outside the box and REALLY throw my chances to the wind. I picked L'ville to repeat with a win over Michigan St. Good luck to you all!

That's not a real outside the box pick...lol

I saw this a few weeks ago and I know there are once in a blue moon a perfect bracket but the chances are very slim.

Entered...I am sure my bracket will be busted after the first game is over.

When I win, I will pay entry fees for everyone into THP events for the next few years!

When I win, I will pay entry fees for everyone into THP events for the next few years!

MD just moved to the top of my favorite THPer list.

My bracket is in! Show me the money!

Isn't the $1b prize only eligible for the first 1500 brackets?

I think it is for the first 15 million to sign up. And I signed up the day the link was given out.

If you are right, then I am out.

Back