KENTWOOL Socks Forum Testing Review Thread

GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
Recently THP announced 6 people who will do a long term testing on the new KENTWOOL Socks. Those socks are starting to arrive so we will use this thread for all their thoughts and feedback.

If you are not chosen for this test, don’t worry I have good news. KENTWOOL is running their biggest promotional offer EVER right now to celebrate the World’s Best Dads with the World’s Best Golf Sock on Father’s Day. Pick ANY 3 pairs between now and 6/21/15 and get $20 off your order!

***Visit www.kentwool.com and use coupon code “DAD1” at checkout to utilize this offer; includes FREE SHIPPING

As a reminder here are the testers:
Woody_74
Girardcorp
huhh
Mango Smash
Miller Time
#cookie

KW_Pro_light-M.png
KW_TourProfile-M.png

If you were not selected and like what you hear from the reviews, they have an incredible sale going on now where if you buy 3 pairs, you get $20 off your order.

Hey fellow THP'ers! Just arrived home to a nice little package from our friends at Kentwool out of Greenville, SC.

For this testing I chose the men's low profile in black. I informed them that I was a size 9.5 and they set me up with a pair of large. Also included in the box was a nice envelope/card from their sales & marketing manager.

Here are some photos to get us started, don't hesitate to ask ANY questions!

16ccb29cc4c432eed6d2373a449f8ee3.jpg

9158dd881839159fcbbd4dac8b2862d5.jpg

a8d54fcfda7afabb175306ee30ba399b.jpg

3a8e27ddfdd83699aa2afc26c331395b.jpg

84d601290181b4f1cebff064e00b660c.jpg

ed3889a47804d44ed663be956a487a94.jpg

c3dd8ac525c6677103668cd8fcb9a676.jpg

9eb2a3ccfe3b506eaf7b58ee51663756.jpg

4b6a819e69337617839649458a946557.jpg

aa70a3c3882e926f32ef2f9faa33c25a.jpg

• Admin
If you were not selected and like what you hear from the reviews, they have an incredible sale going on now where if you buy 3 pairs, you get $20 off your order.

Here's all the info:

If you are not chosen for this test, don’t worry I have good news. KENTWOOL is running their biggest promotional offer EVER right now to celebrate the World’s Best Dads with the World’s Best Golf Sock on Father’s Day. Pick ANY 3 pairs between now and 6/21/15 and get $20 off your order!

***Visit www.kentwool.com and use coupon code “DAD1” at checkout to utilize this offer; includes FREE SHIPPING

Great start Michael, I see you even got a picture of Bubba to keep. :smile:

I look forward to following this great group of testers thoughts and critiques of these great socks. I have 2 pair and love them.

I'd be interested to know how they wear over time or after multiple washes.

Interested in hearing the reviews

What are the care instructions for these socks?

What are the care instructions for these socks?

Thanks and nice catch! I missed that earlier as the instructions were underneath the socks when in packaging.

Here they are:

05843eccc3c187d03416f71835ad21e3.jpg

What's the scoop with Kentwool? What makes their socks superior to others?

What's the scoop with Kentwool? What makes their socks superior to others?

Here's what their website says:

No other golf sock on the planet delivers the combination of comfort and performance as KENTWOOL. Our golf socks combine superfine Merino wool-a natural Smart Fiber-with WINDspun technology for unparalleled, blister-free performance. Guaranteed!

I pulled the trigger and mine arrived today. Awesome service.

Great start, #Cookie. Looking forward to jumping in once my pair arrives.

Thanks and nice catch! I missed that earlier as the instructions were underneath the socks when in packaging.

Here they are:

05843eccc3c187d03416f71835ad21e3.jpg

That's very reasonable. I was expecting cool wash and line dry. Thanks cookie.

I'm a current Swiftwick sock wearer and I am happy with their product...yet maybe not in love(?) with them. I'd be curious if any of the testers could compare the Kentwool socks to the wool line of Swiftwicks (Pursuit--I believe).

Ordered 2 tour profile and 1 low profile. I'm a sock snob and all so why not?

I'm a current Swiftwick sock wearer and I am happy with their product...yet maybe not in love(?) with them. I'd be curious if any of the testers could compare the Kentwool socks to the wool line of Swiftwicks (Pursuit--I believe).

When I return back to THP HQ, I can write something up about this as I have made that switch as of late.

When I return back to THP HQ, I can write something up about this as I have made that switch as of late.
Thanks Josh. The striped socks in the Callaway Thread (or the Banter Thread--can't remember which), those are Kentwool?

Thanks Josh. The striped socks in the Callaway Thread (or the Banter Thread--can't remember which), those are Kentwool?

No sir, those are dress socks from Saks that I wear. I wear Kentwool to play golf and anytime I am not wearing dress socks really.

Got mine in today!

First impressions
I was a bit shocked by the thickness of the socks at first. I come from very thin puma and other athletic type socks. I put them on my feet and they are extremely comfortable. Nice and spongy feeling on my big feet. Going to wear them to work in the morning and see how they hold up on my sweaty feet for the day. Then I'm playing 2 rounds next weekend so I will be wearing then for both.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

No sir, those are dress socks from Saks that I wear. I wear Kentwool to play golf and anytime I am not wearing dress socks really.
Got it. It looked like there was a similar pair on the Kentwool website in their 19th Hole Collection and was just wondering if you had swapped out your entire sock drawer. I did with the Swiftwick Business Drawer package, and I am not a fan of those. The little things that bother me with the "zeros" seem to bother me even more with the "sevens." I'd be curious if the technology in the Kentwool Performance golf socks carries over to their 19th hole collection. I guess that "buy 3, get $20 off" deal would be a pretty good way of finding out....

I can't wait to get home and try out my new socks. I plan on putting them to the test Monday with work and the range right after.

Okay... new socks waiting when I got home:

37845efd-f342-4185-9743-f1a09a749680_zpsuzrwcr2w.jpg

I also got the hand written note from Kent Barber; sales and marketing manager, which was a nice touch.

0611152056a_zpsaveqpxgn.jpg

These are the tour profile, in black. They look nice, as expected. And feel very thick, especially on the bottom. They seem very cushy, but it makes me wonder if they would get hot.

0611152100a_zpsnrmm6srq.jpg

Here they are compared to my champions of about the same profile. You can see the thickness on the bottom just looking at them. These are the XL's, I am a size 11.5 or 12 US depending on who makes the shoes... these say XL is for size 12-15. Should fit well. I will know more tomorrow, as I will probably wear these to work... and maybe to the range, depending on weather.

I'm watching this thread closely....I've been with Swiftwick since I came to THP. But I don't like the fact that when I wear these for work, it seems that the smallest amount of sawdust clings to them, and won't come off with normal care. I have to vacuum them and honestly it PITA. Now I know the focus of this is for golf, but I'm interested to see if people notice that kind of thing.

Okay... new socks waiting when I got home:

These are the tour profile, in black. They look nice, as expected. And feel very thick, especially on the bottom. They seem very cushy, but it makes me wonder if they would get hot.

Here they are compared to my champions of about the same profile. You can see the thickness on the bottom just looking at them. These are the XL's, I am a size 11.5 or 12 US depending on who makes the shoes... these say XL is for size 12-15. Should fit well. I will know more tomorrow, as I will probably wear these to work... and maybe to the range, depending on weather.

Looking forward to your thoughts on fit, I am right between L and XL and am torn on what direction to go.

Back