Best "score" you've seen at a scramble?

JRod

Reaction score
Handicap
4.2 USGA
Ok I've played in probably 30+ scrambles in my lifetime and played with amazing teams and pretty bad ones. Yesterday someone won a scramble I played in with a score of -22.

I've personally been on a team where we shot -19 and we played out of our minds with no one higher than a 3ish cap, with two being scratch.

So I ask, what's the "best" score you've ever seen at a scramble. I use the term loosely because I know 90% of these ridiculous scores are pencil whipped.

I've played in 15 or so 4-man scrambles and -13 is the lowest that any team I have ever played on has scored. -18 is the lowest I've seen in any tournament I've played in. -22 is ridiculous.

-22 numerous times. 14 birdies and 4 eagles.
Its usually filled with a few mulligans, but it happens quite a bit.

Freddie and I played in a four-man scramble a couple years ago. The two other guys were okay, but Freddie and I basically played the round.

Both on fire. Particularly Freddie. I think we shot a legitimate 15-under.

Tied for third...

I was on a -16 squad to win, but that was on an easy course.

-18 or -19 won at a scramble event at TCI a couple years back. That's the best I've witnessed. Provided the course, that's just impressive if true.

we had -17 once, 2 scratch, a 5 & a 15..., 15 birdies & an eagle, each persons drive had to be used twice. It was off the blue tees at one of the harder courses in Palm Beach County

I watched a 3 man team playing with our team shoot -18. They had to throw all 3 of their mulligans at the first putt of the day to make birdie. They followed that up saying "we've got to birdie them all to win!" We were thinking - yeah right. They did it though. Good players.

Played on a team yesterday and were a legit -17. It was hard not to get it close, fun day!

I have played in a couple of cash scrambles no handicap limit. These have all been won at -20 or lower

A group I was in last year shot 27 under and lost in a scorecard playoff. They beat us with an ace on a par 3.
109462533.jpg

I've seen a -20. Been on a -14

I've seen a -20, but my best team only hit -10. I've played in roughly 20 scrambles.

I have seen -21. Their team had a female Division 1 college golfer hitting from the reds and a guy who was a finalist or semi-finals in the US Amateur.

I've seen quite a few in the -20 range but those usually had a bunch of mulligans and on course challenges to help lower scores.

Best I've been a part of is -16 but I've seen -18 and -19 a couple times

My teams Best has been -21 twice. Typically right around -15/-16. Usually have to be at least -14 to have a chance to win.

-18 from a team that should not have been close to shooting that. They won, we were in 8th or 9th place.

The next year, that team got broken up. We won with -11 (our 5 hdcp carried us), and two of the guys from the team that was broken up were in the group in front of us. On par 4s and 5s, they were hitting their second shot from around 175yrds away from the tee box.

-18, my butt.

I played in a scramble a few years ago and I think we shot something close to -20. I can't remember our exact score, but we were "that group" except it was legit. We had a guy on our team who was an All-American college player and played on the Web.com tour for a few years before giving it up. He was without a doubt the best putter and short iron player I have ever seen. He made just about every putt he had an opportunity to make. He knocked in a wedge shot from about 130 out for an eagle on a par 4 and hit the pin from the same distance the next hole. I asked the guy why he thought he couldn't make it on the PGA Tour and he said he couldn't hit it far enough. He definitely was not a long ball hitter, but he was super straight off the tee. It was impressive to watch.

Was on a team once that was -18, easy course loaded team. Three "A" players and me. The good players load the teams so I quit going. Problem is that there have been times I've been the "A" player and I'm definitely not, so we would play pretty good and be about -8 and 8 or 10 out. Wasn't enjoyable.

Was on a team once that was -18, easy course loaded team. Three "A" players and me. The good players load the teams so I quit going. Problem is that there have been times I've been the "A" player and I'm definitely not, so we would play pretty good and be about -8 and 8 or 10 out. Wasn't enjoyable.

I always go with the expectation of not winning and just have fun. I find for me that there is so much less pressure that I put on myself in a scramble compared to a normal round where I worry too much about my score.

Been on a couple of legit -16 teams before. Good enough for first once and second once. Lowest I recall ever seeing is -20.

Have only played two scrambles. First one, I have no clue what we shot. Next one we finished even par and came in dead last (and got a trophy for it). The team that won was boo'd off stage.

I've seen a team come in -18 at a Charity Scramble. They told me that each member of their foursome bought 5 mulligans each - so as a team they had 20 extra "free" shots.

I witnessed when I was a baddy -19 as the lowest. A team I was in our best was -15.

I've played on a team that shot a legitimate -19. They sold mulligans, but we got to the last hole and had like 20 tries for the eagle with all the mulligans since we hadn't used any so far. We didn't end up using any of them.

Back