Best "score" you've seen at a scramble?

Last week I was part of a team that was 14 under. That's the lowest team I have been apart of. Crazy thing we were even par on the par 3's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-22 numerous times. 14 birdies and 4 eagles.
Its usually filled with a few mulligans, but it happens quite a bit.

I agree. I have seen 20+ under a few times in scrambles.

The team that won ours yesterday had a 34 (-36), which included four holes-in-one.

They could buy mulligans, unlimited string (that they had to buy) and had a dream drive hole.

Second place was 38 and third was 39 (-32 and -31).

It's a tad ridiculous. Well, more than a tad.

Won one at -18. Pretty sure that's the best I've seen posted in person.

Lowest my team has shot was -16, ive seen -22 once

-21 in a four man scramble. Find it hard to believe that they birdied every hole and eagled all the par 5's. It's why I prefer a two man scramble over a four man.

-26 is our best. This is with 4 throws, 4 kicks, 4 pieces of 3' string and 8 mulligans. We won by a shot.

-22 with mulligans a few times.

Freddie and I played in a four-man scramble a couple years ago. The two other guys were okay, but Freddie and I basically played the round.

Both on fire. Particularly Freddie. I think we shot a legitimate 15-under.

Tied for third...
My lowest was in the same event the two years ago.

I've played in some corporate scrambles. They were for the employees and vendors of the company. Each team had an A, B, C, and D player based on their handicap or average score for 18 holes.
Usually a -9 to a-12 would win.

One year the plant manager of a power plant had a loaded team. A state senator, the pro from the local country club, the best college player in the state, and himself ( a -6 handicap).

We fought hard for a -8 under, but the ringers had a -19 under.

They had all A players.

Some of the A players from diferent teams got together and challenged them for the next day. That time it was a lot closer.

Jack

Played in an outing yesterday where we finished -15. We played pretty well but the next closest team was -11. We were called cheaters of course.

I play in a couple scrambles every year with different teams for each. Best I've ever seen is -17, and best any of teams have ever done is -16. The games plays much easier from inside 70 yards on every par 4 & looks @ eagle on every par 5.

Best I have been a part of was shooting a 50 so -22. We had 2 former D-1 golfers and then myself (7-9 hcp) and my buddy (about the same). I played pretty well that day and we used hardly any shots of mine. We each got a mulligan, one roll of the ball, and one hole we got to tee off from the fairway on a par 5. Thing is we parred a few holes too. It was one of the more ridiculous things I have been a part of but I also know if the 2 former college guys had better partners it could have been real silly.

Played in one this past Monday. We shot -21. Course was playing from the whites and we had 2 legitimate under scratch golfers that were bombers.
I was more of a cheerleader but I did solo birdie a par 3 and chipped in for eagle on a short par 4.
If I was not playing I would have thought it was a pencil whipping but it was legit.
I need to get better with my pom-poms though haha

At a charity event last year, -22 for a group. however, not exactly a 'true' shooting score.

They had an interesting set of 'options' to buy for the day. At two of the holes, you could 'buy' (well, donate really) a driver / tee shot from the local course pro. they also 'sold' putting 'guide blocks' (two 6" x 2" blocks) that you could place anywhere on the green to help you putt the ball; basically it was used as a backstop / funnel around the hole, increasing the putts one could make. In addition, they had a special colored ball available for 'purchase' that would rotate every hole between the 4-person team. Once on the green, if the first putt (using the colored ball) was made, that stroke would not be counted.

Hence, the -22 score.

Man some weird stuff being done in scrambles some of that stuff is just silly. I thought -15 was pretty good straight up with no mulligans or shenanigans, but seeing -20 pretty frequently in this thread I guess its not all that great.

Are we talking legit scores or the BS scores I see in so many scrambles?

You have to remember ALOT of scrambles have cheat packages that you can buy that lower your scores.
We just did one last week and finished -18 and got 3rd place.
Without the cheats we would have been about -12

-22 numerous times. 14 birdies and 4 eagles.
Its usually filled with a few mulligans, but it happens quite a bit.

Same for me. There have been times where I know it's completely legit given the team and the course, and times that it's equally likely that my 4 year-old shot -22 under on his own ball.

I've always been a component that if there is something big on the line, then there needed to be a marker with each group. That never happens, but it sure would help with the scores I think. When I worked at the Course, it would never fail that we would have a group of guys who where an average of 15 to 20 caps, that would come in at -15 to -20 under.
Then only way it ever seemed to be somewhat legit was when we'd have two groups per hole, but that always slowed things up and we hated to do it that way.

I played a scramble with the tees broken up by handicap. Me and another young guy were hitting from the seniors tees on account of being about 15 handicaps. When we were able to spend the whole event leaving scratch players with short wedges in, we burned off 2 mulligans to end up -17, and came in fourth. Winning score was split between two -19 teams.

I know there's a lot to be done to make scrambles more entertaining and raise money for the cause of the tournament, but sometimes I think it goes too far from a scoring perspective.

I only play in one or two scrambles a year.

One I have played in for 20 years with my two brothers, and an honorary brother.

Best we have done was -16. The honorary brother that year drove a 340 yard par 4 and made the putt for eagle, but it was downhill from there.

Best I've shot was a -17 with a scratch college golfer and three single digit handicap players. Best I've seen is -19.

One event I saw a team shoot -22. Birdies on all Par 3's and 4's and Eagles on Par 5's. Might have accompanied a lot of boos at the awards dinner.

best i have played was -15, 3 very good golfers and one golfer who plays once a year, we played well and scored well!

I play in about a half dozen or so scrambles a year and normally the winning score is usually around 15 under. The best I have seen has been 19 under and one of the guys on that team is a close friend of mine that I know is legit and he swears by it so I have to take his word for it. But The thought of anybody shooting more than 20 under just doesn't seem possible to me, unless there are some drivable par 4's on the course.

Back