Best "score" you've seen at a scramble?

Playing a buddies charity event his company hosts the winning score was -22. I haven't played in the tourney since

I've seen 21 under, I also saw that group buy 500.00 in mulligans. No lie.

Most of the ones I play in are for a charity organization so I just have fun and shake it off. Not worth getting panties in a wad imo.

Played in a scramble a few years ago and we stacked our team with the best golfers we knew. They allowed 1 mulligan per player and a red bomb on a hole of your choice. Our team shot a -21, birdied every hole and eagled 3 of the 4 par 5's. We finished 4th, two teams had -22 and the winner was -23 (13 birdies and 5 eagles). I loved the red bomb idea, we used ours on a long par three, the team that won used theirs on a par 4 and made eagle.

We won one once with a - 15. The team consisting of me a 17 at the time. Two 10's and a 3. So I guess our competition wasn't real strong.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Shot -15 at beautiful Lake Jonesco in the weekly scramble with no mulligans, no string or any of the other "buys" in charity scrambles but it is a senior scramble and we all play the ups, some of those guys are pretty long. Ironically the best of any charity scramble team I have ever played on is -15 also and we had 3rd place. I have seen -19 posted a few times.

Best I've done was -7 under with myself and an 11 along with two non-golfers. Best I've seen was -15 under.

Scrambles are more laid back in my experiences, it's pretty known that a lot of players give themselves a few birdies even though all four missed the 4 foot putt. We just have a fun and throw back a few brews.

we just had a charity outing and a (-11) won the event.

And just for laughs, I came to about 7feet of 205yrd ace for a new car, but the funny part is that we then all (4 of us) choked and missed the 7 footer for birdie LOL go figure.

Funny...Byron and I played one yesterday where in a 4 man yesterday and the group in front of us posted a 56. I never saw them hit a 5 in 2, nor did they one putt any 3s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny...Byron and I played one yesterday where in a 4 man yesterday and the group in front of us posted a 56. I never saw them hit a 5 in 2, nor did they one putt any 3s.

They must have been a grindy bunch considering some of the positions they were in. I am fairly certain our group had more fun though. Not as much fun as your buddy that was humping the tree but a lot of fun never the less!

Group I played in once shot a 46, but we had mulligans, string, and each player got to play one hole from the red tees.

Shot a -17 today and lost to a legit short person and 80 year old man playing a course about 6900 yards.

One of the other two must have been a bomber. I was killing the ball and we still had some long approaches and played out of our arse.

Cest la vie I guess. I hope I'm wrong but it's tough to play so well and lose. Hopefully they didn't pencil whip.

A group I was in last year shot 27 under and lost in a scorecard playoff. They beat us with an ace on a par 3.
109462533.jpg

What exactly happened to accommodate a 45? Did you play the scramble from the red tees?

Never seen one 45 never mind losing to a card back.

Some scrambles have ridiculous things you can buy.

I assume that's what happened there .

Lowest I've been on was a legit -11 and we used the majority of my shots in that round and I literally played the best round of my life that day. We ended up in 4th place to a group at -18. Lowest I've seen was -21 and that was clearly BS given the course we were playing.

Yah I usually go in to these things knowing it's gonna happen but it sucks to play so well then get pencil whipped.

When i worked at GE the first year of our scramble we won with a -12 or -14.(cant recall)
The year after that they inteoduced mulligans, strings, throws and all kinds of stuff. I think winning score was 24 or 25 under.
Havent played in one of those since

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I've always said that for a Scramble to be anything other than a joke you just need to have a neutral scorer with each group.
The only Scramble I play in once in a while does this and there's never a huge issue or crazy score.

I've always said that for a Scramble to be anything other than a joke you just need to have a neutral scorer with each group.
The only Scramble I play in once in a while does this and there's never a huge issue or crazy score.

I've only played in one scramble where each group received a "caddie" it worked pretty well as every group seemed to have legit scores.

We had a -15 last year in the Wounded Warrior and won. This year there was a big 3 way tie at -15, we were -10. Not that hard with 4 fairly decent players.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Back