What made your favorite round?

Golferbest

Reaction score
Handicap
Now naturally alot of people will say their lowest scoring round. However, I often wonder if anyon has other reasons for selecting their favorite round ever. Was it the score, playing partners, weather, the course, or a combination of all?
For me my best round was one that a group of us played in japan. 8 of us went out and played one of the most beautiful courses. We played some skins and closest to the hole on the par 3. I made out fairly well in that department. I also shot a 42, 33 for a 75. I destroyed the back. Decent round , great course, good friends and a little pocket cash.

I have had a few sub 70 rounds but would have to say my favorite rounds have always been with close friends and / or family regardless of score. The laughing and fun make the round and the bad shots seem irrelevant.

Possibly my favorite round ever wasn't even about me. It was when my wife broke 100 for the first time. In her first season, no less. (Five years later, she has shot a 77 and regularly breaks 90 at our course. She even broke 100 at Stone Canyon last year.)

For me it was probably my first round breaking 80. I drained a 35 or 40 footer to save bogey after hitting a ball OB on 14, and making an 8 footer for par on 18 to do it.

By far last round of the #Grandaddy. The atmosphere, the location, the people made it special. Wasn't the greatest golf I've ever played, but definitely my favorite round ever.

A combination of new friends, a decent swing, and replacement tees that had me driving greens like mad during a golf scramble last year. Just had a great time.

This year, same scramble, only full tee boxes, and I'm on a new team that's mandating kilts. I think it'll be even better.

My favorite round was last year in January in the Bahamas. One of my customers, and good friends, were renewing their wedding vows. This also happened to be the companies annual meeting. They flew down not only the owners, but quite a few of their key linemen and employees. They also flew down and reconnected with their old friend, who was the best man at their wedding. They hadn't seen each other in many years. We stayed at the Sandals in Nassau. The day after the vows, seven of us flew out to the island of Exuma in the morning, and played the Sandals course there. Since we stayed at the Sandals in Nassau, the golf was free, we just paid for rentals. The course was pretty much deserted, so we played as one huge group. We played all seven best ball off the tee, so as not to take days to play one round. Michael, the best man, was a really funny guy. He didn't play golf at all, so he made us make noise for all his shots, as he didn't like the quiet. He also had the drive of the day as he smoked one about 30 yards short of a green on a par 4. What was the score? No idea, but we did have to stop at the clubhouse after nine and restock up on balls. Some of the most beautiful golf holes I've ever played. I remember another one hole, a forced carry over water on a par 3. The very last guy up finally hit it over the water, although on to a service road. My second favorite round was also that week, when 4 of us played the Atlantis course. That was actually the most beautiful course I've played, but the memories of the 7some and flying out to an island just for a round of golf tops that for sure.

THP #theking #imwithchad

My favorite was the first round I played with my wife. It was at the worst par 3 course I've ever seen, but she only lost by 2 strokes. This was her first time playing anything other than putt-putt.

By far last round of the #Grandaddy. The atmosphere, the location, the people made it special. Wasn't the greatest golf I've ever played, but definitely my favorite round ever.

Singles day at the Grandaddy is certainly up there.

My best round, though, was shooting par with my dad on his home course. I was actually -3 on the front and let nerves get me to +3 on the back. I also had a 10' downhill slider on 18 for a 71 that just burned the edge.

I had shot par before, and I had also been under par before. But, that 72 was the first time that I had done it with my dad. Huge memory for me. (Starting to get a little dusty in here.)

I'm going to have to think this one over...so many awesome rounds with thpers to think back on

The round I broke 80. It wasn't really the score, it was reaching that goal. I had worked so hard and I really nutted up at a key point when the round started to slip away. It was so immensely satisfying to see the work pay off and be clutch when it really mattered.

What made your favorite round?

Geez I've had so many, but my fondest rounds so far were probably a couple years ago when we went to Vegas and I got to play two days at Revere with my husband and both my boys.

Last edited:
I have lots of favorite rounds, and they have nothing to do with the type of golf I play. For me it always comes down to course, atmosphere, conditions, and company.

Playing w/ THPers at a THP Event.

Playing w/ THPers at a THP Event.

Which I will finally get to experience on 3/15! Can't come too soon!

Being the first group off at St. Andrews. May 14, 2013, 6:30 am.
Great (cold) day with my brother and two brothers-in-law.
Carnoustie was a better course, but playing it in a 40 mph gale was a bit much...

My favorite round ever was probably last year when I was playing with my friend down at Scovil Golf Course in Decatur and we played mostly squared the whole round. Then the favorite part I really enjoyed about it was we came to 18 sqaured and it came down to the last putt. Well we ended up tieing which I didn't mind because we both played great golf and it was real competitive. Wish it was like that every time I played golf where you really have to dig deep and figure out what your next shot it going to be. Fun times!!!

I remember the feeling I had the first time I got to play a really premium course. It was Pine Needles in Pinehurst. All of my golf up to that point was played in Southwest Oklahoma on the cheapest courses I could find which were typically rock hard everywhere and wide open fields. As soon as I stepped on the course at Pine Needles, the entire game changed for me.

I played a round with my wife who is relatively new to the game. She is very competitive and can be kind of hard on herself sometimes.
She ended up breaking 90 and was just so excited about her round. It was nice to see her so happy playing the game I love.

The first and only round I ever played with my dad, growing up I never played the game but for some reason on my 24th birthday I decided it was time to pick up the game. He played regularly and was shooting even par was a regular thing for him to do. Me and my dad went out and played the course right by my house and to say it was ugly was an understatement. I sliced balls all over the course and was frustrated as a person could be, but still that day I fell in love with the game. A few months later my dad was diagnosed with terminal cancer and passed away not long after that. It's hard to play that course now without getting a bit emotional, I would love for him to see how much my game has improved the last 2 years.

So while my score that day was easily the worst it will ever be, that round will always remain a personal favorite.

I have a couple memorable rounds that I would consider my favorite. First, my personal best 82 that I shot last season. I was expecting to play well but was shocked when I made in the turn only +2. I fell apart on the back, maybe due to a few to many beers catching up with me. Second, my first THP event in April 2013. I did not play well at all but I really got a sense of what THP is all about.

Lots of good stories. I like threads like these.

It has to be my round last year with my son at Sequoyah National in Cherokee. The course was spectacular and playing with him and watching him working his way around the course was almost surreal, it was a dream come true.

It has to be my round last year with my son at Sequoyah National in Cherokee. The course was spectacular and playing with him and watching him working his way around the course was almost surreal, it was a dream come true.

Such a great course!

I know it's been said already but playing with THPers. Best and most fun rounds of golf ever. Score doesn't even matter.

Back