What's a GOOD, BUDGET Set of Irons with Hybrids for SGI or Game Improvement?

Nalajr

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey all,

I went to a new Golfsmith shop the other day and they weren't busy so I thought I'd play around in the simulator for a bit. I was hitting the ball the best I have since deciding to come back and try to play golf again. I was really excited when I left. I was thinking that I probably need to pick me up a newer and better set of irons that have hybrids with them. I haven't ever hit a hybrid, but I am going to need them so I might as well start practicing with them.

I'd like to get some recommendations on a set of irons that are inexpensive and have at least a 4 and 5 hyrbid. My other option, if I can't find anything, is to pick out a set of iron heads and build them up. Some of the ACER heads look good from Hireko and a couple of the Maltby irons are nice too. The Wishon and KZG are way too expensive for me.

What do you all think would be a good choice for me? I'd like to stay in the $150 range or less.

I know it ain't much, but it is what it is, unfortunately.

Thank you for your time and help.

Nalajr

I just searched for used iron sets on global golf and sorted it by price low to high. At the bottom of this first page are some good iron sets for about 100$. If I were you I would look at something like the Adams Idea Super S for 95$ or the Titleist 775 CB for 95$. Those are both solid iron sets and at a price like that you might have enough left over to afford a quick lesson or at least a group clinic. Good luck in your search.

http://www.globalgolf.com/golf-clubs/used/iron-set/?sort=2

I normally point people in your position to one of two options:

Adams hybrid iron sets -- depreciate heavily and are pretty easy to hit. Sometimes the hybrids are bombers too. Personal favorites are the Adams A4OS. The OS is the SGI model.

Slightly older Callaway SGI iron sets with uniflex steel shafts -- Diablo Edge are a personal favorite.

Those are the exact clubs I started with two years ago. And you could not be more right about them being really nice. I sometimes miss those hybrids. And they will hold they're value pretty well. I bought them two years ago for 230$ and sold them 5 months ago for 180$.

Those are great clubs.

I think you should be able to find a set of TM Burner 2.0 on eBay for around that price. They're a solid set of clubs but don't come with hybrids unfortunately. My other suggestion would be the adams that others mentioned

A good, used set of Adams A7OS. I'll probably get jumped for suggesting them but they are legit bro.

A good, used set of Adams A7OS. I'll probably get jumped for suggesting them but they are legit bro.

As SGI options go, just about any of the OS sets are great options. Doesn't mean that they're the only option. Just a good one.

As SGI options go, just about any of the OS sets are great options. Doesn't mean that they're the only option. Just a good one.
I was going to suggest the Orlimar black ti set that can be had brand new for 149. Comes standard with a 3 & 4 hybrid. Check the Bay.

Cleveland Mashie irons can be had for a good price and are super-forgiving.

Back