#OwnTheSecondShot - THP & Adams Golf Event Info

So this might be me being overly freaked out about the "if you're not there by 4, don't come" message, but how early is too early to show up? I don't know Dallas well but sounds like traffic can get bad at times, and I'd rather be an hour early than a minute late.

Friday traffic probably starts around 4pm Plano side, so I personally will plan everything around 3:20-3:30 arrival for buffer.

In regards to JB's post--plenty of stuff close by to hang out safely nearby without actually being in the building 30 mins before. But for me 10 mins is too close to plan for :)

Golfsmith and PGA SS just close by in Plano if you get to Plano Early...

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up JB. Very excited to see what Adams has in store for us.

Last edited:
I cannot wait to see all my THP brothers in a couple of weeks! I had such a great time in DFW last year that going back has me just geeked beyond belief!!! It's going to be a great weekend fellas!

Really looking forward to this. I can guarantee you I won't sleep well the the Thursday night before all the fun starts the next day. I'm hoping that I'll be good & tired Friday night & get a good nights sleep before THE EVENT on Saturday.

Playing Friday, Saturday & Sunday for this event & the extra rounds should give me a good idea how my knee will hold up to the 4 days of consecutive play I'll get in at the Lake Charles event.

So ready for this and now I know what to pack for this event. I need to convince my wife that a pair of black spikeless golf shoes are in my future.

I foresee a bunch of anxious THPers descending upon the PGA store and/or Golfsmith that are a within a couple of miles of Adams HQ starting at about 3pm on the 28th. They won't know what hit 'em :D

So ready for this and now I know what to pack for this event. I need to convince my wife that a pair of black spikeless golf shoes are in my future.
I was just thinking this morning on my way into work that I'm going to need a new pair of spikeless shoes.

Yeah, this crossed my mind as well. My street shoes don't really go well with golf pants, and my only black golf shoes are spiked. Might have to check the deal of the day thread for some cheap closeout shoes.

exactly two weeks from right now I will be cleaning up after the extra practice round at Cowboys and heading over to Adams HQ to officially start my first THP event. #stoked

Just landed back fro Palm Desert. For to Houston, Dallas, and Southlake next week. Then I can get out to the range before going back to play!

Weather here in Katy today. Hope we get this in a few weeks up in DFW
2y8y2y6u.jpg

In the area today, and could not resist the drive by picture opportunity.

attachment.php

In the area today, and could not resist the drive by picture opportunity.

attachment.php

All that's missing is the red carpet & 30 golf crazed THP'ers knocking down the door.

All that's missing is the red carpet & 30 golf crazed THP'ers knocking down the door.

Don't know about the red carpet, but you can bet Adams Golf will treat us well when we get to Plano.

Grateful to get to play tomorrow to prepare! 46* and wet, but I'll take what I can get!

So the prizes for this event are pretty amazing, and some include custom clubs. If you got to pick a hybrid, which one has your attention most?

Right now I'm most intrigued by the Pro Mini. The pro dhy looks really interesting, but I'm concerned how well I'd be able to hit it since it's more like a long iron than the other hybrids. Either way, they all look real nice.

So the prizes for this event are pretty amazing, and some include custom clubs. If you got to pick a hybrid, which one has your attention most?

Right now I'm most intrigued by the Pro Mini. The pro dhy looks really interesting, but I'm concerned how well I'd be able to hit it since it's more like a long iron than the other hybrids. Either way, they all look real nice.
I'm still hung up on the XTD TI with the stock red tie. I'm on my way to golf galaxy now, I may even have to swing this.

I'm weird in that I've never had much luck with hybrids. I've got a closet full of them to prove it. I hit long irons more consistently than hybrids. So, maybe that Pro Mini might fit my eye better. Anyhoo, I'm excited that we should be able to hit all of Adams' new offerings while we're there.

I'm still hung up on the XTD TI with the stock red tie. I'm on my way to golf galaxy now, I may even have to swing this.

It was awesome for me in 10.5. Super nice driver.

JM

That stock shaft choice is amazing! lovin' the red tie!!!

Back