Grip preferences: same or different on hybrids and irons?

Same grips (GP Gen2) but different colors on some. ie: white dr head/white grip, red hyb./ red gr. & so on

Same grip on all my clubs.

For what its worth:
REL 3Gen on wedges, hybrid, 5w
Crossline ace 3gen on Driver and 3w
UTx on irons

I'm enjoying the UTx a LOT and may regrip the woods and hybrids, but I like the softer feeling of the rel 3gen on the wedges so far.

Same midsize grips on all clubs with two extra wraps of tape on the wedges.

Same grips on all clubs if I could choose. Unfortunately, I can't afford to regrip my irons bc of how much my fav grips cost.

Same grips (GP Gen2) but different colors on some. ie: white dr head/white grip, red hyb./ red gr. & so on

That's what I did on the MC clubs in 2012. I like doing it like that.

Lambkins midsize wraps on wedges through irons. Winn midsized wraps on the hybrid and woods with oversize on the driver.

I prefer the same grips throughout the bag. But to the OP question about grips on irons vs. on hybrids, I was taught to hit hybrids like irons rather than fw metals. So that would suggest having the same grips on the hybrids as you have on the irons.

I have the same grips from driver to my 58. I like to have the same feel from top to bottom it gives me comfort especially in abnormal weather.

I have the same grips on mine, but different sizes. Midsize on driver, wood, hybrid, over sized on irons. My wedge grips are a mess though and I need to get it together. SCOR standard +2 on the 48 and 52. Winn Excell Oversize on the 56, Lamkin standard +4 wraps on the 60, and Lamkin standard on the 64.

I might grab some UTx grips after my lesson at the PGA SS and change things up.

Last edited:
Same on all clubs for me, driver through wedges.

I've always preferred a different grip on my driver and FW woods than my other clubs which I prefer to be all the same. Right now my irons are all factory Callaway Lamkin grips and I don't really care for them. My wedges are GP VDR which I love. Eventually I'll replace the Lamkins with VDRs, but right now it seems silly to pull off perfectly good grips. My driver has a GP New Decade. Love that one too, but just for the driver. Weird, I know.

Mine are all the same. Specifically for hand position. The less "different" swings one can have, the better

Back