DC MD VA Area Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
We got a little more than a foot, and it's turning pretty sh!tty

Same here. If you haven't gotten out to shovel yet, do it soon. We're getting some drizzly rain that will only make it heavier. I'd imagine it will be rolling your way as the day rolls on. The only good news is that it's supposed to be mid thirties all afternoon so once you get the heavy stuff off, the left over scrapings will melt.

Stay warm everyone!

Right at 18" here in Orlean. Spent about 2 hours clearing the end of my driveway and wouldn't you know the plow comes thru and fills it right back in. As for the other 200' of my driveway, umm no, I will drive thru the snow. If I stay here a snowblower will be bought.

15" in Ellicott City. I don't have to go anywhere today. So I'm waiting until is all done and the plows are through to go clear the car, even if that's tomorrow morning.

I haven't measured but I would guess that we are at about 14 to 16 inches here in Annandale. Another light dusting now

12 inches in Loudoun. Taking tomorrow off and was thinking about looking/trying some irons at Golfsmith (if open) but my back is killing me after all that shoveling today.

17" in Hagerstown.

Crazy but we got another 2 inches at least tonight

I got an email from Potomac Shores that the golf club house was having a grand opening on April 4th. It didn't say when the course was opening & what any course fees would be, but I'm sure they will be providing that type of info at the event.

The clubhouse really turned out quite nice, has the look of a high end country club

yda6u6uz.jpg
su3ugazy.jpg

This course has me intrigued. Will have to try and fit it in somehow this year.

Just read an article about this track in the Virginia Golfer. I look forward to giving it a shot. Someday... if the snow ever melts...

I sure hope this snow melts by this weekend. I have to work either Saturday or Sunday, the other day I will spend at the course.

I sure hope this snow melts by this weekend. I have to work either Saturday or Sunday, the other day I will spend at the course.

Even with the temps climb up my way there is no way my course will be open any time soon

Even with the temps climb up my way there is no way my course will be open any time soon

Yea, I am hoping that the eastern shore courses that got more rain than snow may be open by the weekend...

Temps really need to start warming up here and soon. My gut is that we are done with the snow for the Winter, well at least I hope. Fingers crossed

Temps really need to start warming up here and soon. My gut is that we are done with the snow for the Winter, well at least I hope. Fingers crossed

Suppose to be 67 degees on Friday and 50s for the weekend...in Woodbridge.

Suppose to be 67 degees on Friday and 50s for the weekend...in Woodbridge.

Nice. That should get rid of all the snow but the courses might be in bad shape. Probably just gonna be a range session for me.

Nice. That should get rid of all the snow but the courses might be in bad shape. Probably just gonna be a range session for me.

I'm sure the courses will be wet for the next few weeks.

I'm sure the courses will be wet for the next few weeks.

Yeah they will. Hopefully March is on the warmer side so they can dry out and we can get out there and play

I called River Marsh in Cambridge on the eastern shore and they are clear of snow already - looks like I might be teeing it up there this weekend...

I called River Marsh in Cambridge on the eastern shore and they are clear of snow already - looks like I might be teeing it up there this weekend...

That's a great course and not a bad drive at all from this side of the bridge maybe 1:15 from columbia area.

Woke up to another fresh dusting. I'm definitely not shoveling.

Just got an email from Lake Presidential. They are having a demo day on March 1 from 11am-4pm. Vendors from Callaway, Cleveland, Mizuno, Nike, Ping, Taylormade, & Titleist will be there ready to fit. They said to call to setup an appt.

Just got an email from Lake Presidential. They are having a demo day on March 1 from 11am-4pm. Vendors from Callaway, Cleveland, Mizuno, Nike, Ping, Taylormade, & Titleist will be there ready to fit. They said to call to setup an appt.

I saw that same E-mail. The pro down there, Damon Lucas, is one of, if not the best instructors in the state. Think he was voted #3 in MD by Golf Digest. I saw him a couple times when I worked in Annapolis. Guy is a tremendous instructor. He has his own Taylor Made lab down there now as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back