Summer Memberships

Heck of a deal

Most here don't include carts...Some do though for another 450 or so

I can add a cart to my membership for another $1000 but it's not worth it since most of the time during the week I plan on only playing 9 and walking or hitting the range for free.

The deals and rates in this thread make me want to puke. A local course just tried to offer me a "Winter Membership" for December - March for $750. That's not valid on weekends and the course is nothing to brag about.

I love Florida...and I've never been there.

I paid $580 for the "year", which is only 6 months up here, at my course that has 36 holes. Now if I were over 40 that jumps to $1000.

JB and whoever else buys a membership, does your membership cost include cart? The one downside is mine does not so it still costs me $15 a round if I want to ride.

No cart fees are extra ($16-$20 per round).
Keep in mind though that these are country clubs, so there are a lot more things to it.
Fitness Centers
Multiple restaurants
Etc.

There are tons of daily fee "yearly passes" out there for great bargains in this area should one choose to go that route.

We have a summer golf card for $300 from Apr 15 - Nov 15 for 15+ courses and all we pay are cart fees from $20 - $35. That works for me as I prefer to play different courses each week.

So I have been thinking quite a bit about this again. From a practice standpoint, it makes so much sense.

This is one of the many reasons I am gonna join a club this year. Plus a certain Albatross team captain is a member as well and definitely has influenced my decision!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

So I have been thinking quite a bit about this again. From a practice standpoint, it makes so much sense.
Im hoping I can convince a certain War Beagle to join with me. Practicing with another person increases the chance of actually doing it.

Yes and yes!!!! Paying for something = ownership of taking advantage of said services in such a big way.

When i go to the range, it can be a very personal experience, however, I've always found it a ton better to practice with someone else who can spot a couple things or just chat to make the time go by faster. I hope you guys are able to do that this year.

This is one of the many reasons I am gonna join a club this year. Plus a certain Albatross team captain is a member as well and definitely has influenced my decision!

More yes!! I love this thread hahaha!

Andy, it's going to make it so much easier to have someone to shoot the $%@ with! Having a solid range with decent balls and actual fairway like grass makes a massive difference in practice.

More yes!! I love this thread hahaha!

Andy, it's going to make it so much easier to have someone to shoot the $%@ with! Having a solid range with decent balls and actual fairway like grass makes a massive difference in practice.

I've got a bluetooth speaker and beats music, add in an endless supply of range balls and some good company and I could practice all day!

I've got a bluetooth speaker and beats music, add in an endless supply of range balls and some good company and I could practice all day!

Hey, so...

first-aid-waterproof-tape1.png

You're probably going to want to stock up on that. Speaking from experience here hahahaha

Te only downside I have to the CC's here is the full monthly fee for December-March when golf can be sketchy at best and my schedule doesn't allow me to partake in most of the tournaments or other events.

Up here you can buy playing privileges off a member if they aren't going to be golfing but it only lasts a year and can cost as much as the person wants to charge. Some clubs offer a year membership starting at $3000 no extra fees and carts not included. Our golf season is usually end of April to mid October. I have done both in the past but find that is the only course I will play and I get a little bored of it right now being a nomad is what I like best.

Getting to be that time again and really considering this one. I was told River Strand will not be doing this this year, but the rest are and at those rates.

Getting to be that time again and really considering this one. I was told River Strand will not be doing this this year, but the rest are and at those rates.

Are there guest rates? ;)

With the crazy schedule you guys have planned this yr will you be able to take advantage of it to justify the costs?

2014 range pass will be bought. That's all I am committing to.

With the crazy schedule you guys have planned this yr will you be able to take advantage of it to justify the costs?

Not fully, but enough that 5-6 months of membership is worth $40 a month for a place like Waterlefe.

Is that all waterlefe is? $40/month? Although when I take into consideration how many balls I hit in the water it's more like $100/month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that all waterlefe is? $40/month? Although when I take into consideration how many balls I hit in the water it's more like $100/month.

Its $250 for the summer membership there. Its a one time fee, but if you break it down for the 5.5 months, its around that cost.

Not fully, but enough that 5-6 months of membership is worth $40 a month for a place like Waterlefe.

Whatever. ..just whatever

I may have missed this earlier in the thread but do you notice being treated differently as a summer member? I mainly am talking about socially with other members,staff etc.

I may have missed this earlier in the thread but do you notice being treated differently as a summer member? I mainly am talking about socially with other members,staff etc.

Havent done it yet, so no idea. Im not the best example however, because I am a frequent range user and usually have some fun things. The course wants you there, so I am not sure you would suffer that way.

That's such a good deal for that course, heck, for most courses in that area. I have got to join somewhere this year.

What are greens and cart fees like for the summer membership at Waterlefe?

What are greens and cart fees like for the summer membership at Waterlefe?

There are no greens fees. That would be what you pay the dues for. Cart fees are around $20. It would also be impossible to walk that course, so a cart is mandatory.

Back