2014 Winter Olympics - Sochi, Russia

I can't believe how poor the US speed skating team has been. I think their best finish is 7th. With all the supposed powerhouses on the team, I can't believe not one has even sniffed a medal.

Ahn just sat on the line there, and let everyone get in front of him and waited for a mistake. Very calculated.

He skated a textbook race and just took that race away.

Oh here comes the chaos. Short track relay upcoming. 5 teams will be on the ice, should be fun to watch.

Love this 5k speed skating relay race. 2 teams down early, USA and Russia battling for gold.

USA looks like they will get their first medal of the games. Hoping its a gold...

Silver for the US. Russia and Ahn just too tough.

Silver for the US. Russia and Ahn just too tough.
The traffic killed the U.S. on the 2nd to last lap, got caught up in it and never regained it.

I thought Patrick Kane was supposed to be good?

I thought Patrick Kane was supposed to be good?

low blow...low blow.. The cool thing..as a black hawks fan.. We have 12 more members left in the medal round. Sorry for the US loss..but a good time to be a black hawk fan...more guys left to cheer for

95 events in the Winter Olympics..and they choose to focus majority of the time on the new "x games events"... Nothing against those events,,,but they are really over exposing them.. This only happens every 4 years, and might be the on,y chance to see these events. The x game events are on a couple times a year

95 events in the Winter Olympics..and they choose to focus majority of the time on the new "x games events"... Nothing against those events,,,but they are really over exposing them.. This only happens every 4 years, and might be the on,y chance to see these events. The x game events are on a couple times a year

You're not going to get the younger demographic to watch figure skating, cross country skiing or curling and no matter what the event, ratings determine what is shown.

You're not going to get the younger demographic to watch figure skating, cross country skiing or curling and no matter what the event, ratings determine what is shown.

They showed cross country for literally 15 mins.. And figure skating is the Olympics..that is the main event,,,imo

but yes, i see what your saying. Be nice , if someday..they had a good app..or multiple channels where you can pick what you want to,watch. The app they have now for the ipad is so so so broken

and again the USA chokes

Rask - Kane, 2-0. The second one was close though!

It's nice to see the US hockey players trying so hard since their all unpaid amateurs...wait, what? The team is made up of professional players from the best league in the world....esh

I don't know why they even give out silver and bronze medals in Hockey. Not one player there is happy with it anyways.

Got tired of all the X game stuff real quick, especially after watching the 5'5" kid from Sweden with 4XL gear on.

Way too much figure skating though too and you know Putin ain't watching it :)

Might as well send college kids to play Olympic hockey

I don't know why they even give out silver and bronze medals in Hockey. Not one player there is happy with it anyways.

Every single bronze game I've seen the winners seem to be quite happy when the match is over.

Got tired of all the X game stuff real quick, especially after watching the 5'5" kid from Sweden with 4XL gear on.

Way too much figure skating though too and you know Putin ain't watching it :)

Couldn't agree with you more! Told my wife the same thing the other day. Worst Olympics I've watched in a while.

Couldn't agree with you more! Told my wife the same thing the other day. Worst Olympics I've watched in a while.

Why? I would rather watch slope style than biathlon or cross country skiing.

Every single bronze game I've seen the winners seem to be quite happy when the match is over.

I suppose. But had those same players lost gold I doubt they would be near as happy.

Why? I would rather watch slope style than biathlon or cross country skiing.

Oh those are just as bad but it's become more like the X games than the Olympics. I think it's interesting to see the new sport but they showed way too much of it for me. Some people enjoy it but I would rather see all downhill events on prime time than that. IMO

Oh those are just as bad but it's become more like the X games than the Olympics. I think it's interesting to see the new sport but they showed way too much of it for me. Some people enjoy it but I would rather see all downhill events on prime time than that. IMO

So it sounds like your beef is with NBC and their coverage over the events. Honestly, if I'm looking to tune in and it's an event I'm not interested in, I just watch something else.

Back