2014 Callaway Big Bertha Fairway Woods

I have my Bertha 3W set at -1 Neutral and it's so long off the tee. During yesterday's round, 380yd par 4 and Bertha left me 140yds to the middle. My driver was jealous.

#BerthasBack

Does anyone know the size (cc) of this in the 3 wood. I am so torn with which 3/4 wood to get.

Also, would someone please be able to do a pic with a ball at address?

I have my Bertha 3W set at -1 Neutral and it's so long off the tee. During yesterday's round, 380yd par 4 and Bertha left me 140yds to the middle. My driver was jealous.

#BerthasBack

Exactly same setup I have on my 3w. -1 neutral. The fubuki k has excellent kick. The other day playing with milehighgolfer, I had an opportunity to hit this off the deck. Had 320 to the hole after a pulled duck hook tee shot. Absolutely crushed it and had about 40 yd left for a chip and putt bird. The shallow look gives confidence that the ball will jump in the air quickly

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I love the 3 wood so much I am debating about dropping the X2Hot Pro hybrid and going to a 5 wood.

I love the 3 wood so much I am debating about dropping the X2Hot Pro hybrid and going to a 5 wood.

I'd really try it out before swapping.

I had played a 3W/5W combo for years, but I opted for the X2Hot pro instead of the BB 5W, because I thought the X2Hot outperformed the 5W.

I'd really try it out before swapping.

I had played a 3W/5W combo for years, but I opted for the X2Hot pro instead of the BB 5W, because I thought the X2Hot outperformed the 5W.

Interesting thoughts. I am working on my gaps now because I hit the hybrid further than expected. Right now I absolutely love the Big Bertha 3 wood both off the tee and the deck. The design seems to work for me off the deck, which is a huge deal. Off the tee, there are times I think I am hitting it too far, which as those that have played with me know, something I have not said much in the past.

Interesting thoughts. I am working on my gaps now because I hit the hybrid further than expected. Right now I absolutely love the Big Bertha 3 wood both off the tee and the deck. The design seems to work for me off the deck, which is a huge deal. Off the tee, there are times I think I am hitting it too far, which as those that have played with me know, something I have not said much in the past.

I have the same thoughts with the BB 3W and the X2Hot Pro 18*.

Both are longer than expected. I frankly went with the X2Hot hybrid on a whim, and I wasn't sure that it would outperform the 5W in my bag. It's both longer and more reliable.

The BB 3W is a monster. It's long, long off the tee, and from what I've seen on the range it's long off the deck as well. Very easy to hit because if the shallow face, which was the biggest draw for me. Love that club.

I'm still figuring out numbers throughout the bag, but everything apart from the wedges seem to be very long. It's actually taken some effort to get accustomed to it.

Took it out to demo...couldn't stop hooking it. I'll give it another round tomorrow but wow was I disappointed.

Hit this on the range today and the ball flight I am seeing is awesome. Off the deck and off a tee it is straight or a slight fade, but nothing that I wouldnt like on the course.

Took it out to demo...couldn't stop hooking it. I'll give it another round tomorrow but wow was I disappointed.

Try -1 Neutral setting. I was hooking too on the Neutral Standard setting.

I just got my BB 3w in yest and am very happy with the way it sets up and looks at address. I will say I don't find this face to be any shallower than my XHot pro but rather the deepest part is longer which is what I was really looking for. I can't wait to get this to the range and see how she performs.

Try -1 Neutral setting. I was hooking too on the Neutral Standard setting.

That is what it was on. The other issue I had was the shaft felt so whippy to me. Every time I thought I had great contact the club was so de-lofted it went 2 feet off the ground.

That is what it was on. The other issue I had was the shaft felt so whippy to me. Every time I thought I had great contact the club was so de-lofted it went 2 feet off the ground.

Then it might be a shaft issue.

Stock shaft is solid I think so maybe an X could help you out man

That's what I figured. Could have been the swing today too so I'll see tomorrow when there isn't as much pressure on the club. Looks wise this thing is perfect.

Ok, just want to say......just made my 4th eagle in 17 years of golf. Big Bertha driver, Big Bertha 3 wood jacked up to 17 degrees of loft on the 16th hole of my home course(par 5). Big drive, big 2nd shot, pin high in two on the fringe, 15 ft, drano. Nough said!

Ok, just want to say......just made my 4th eagle in 17 years of golf. Big Bertha driver, Big Bertha 3 wood jacked up to 17 degrees of loft on the 16th hole of my home course(par 5). Big drive, big 2nd shot, pin high in two on the fringe, 15 ft, drano. Nough said!

Congrats! I made an eagle today, too. 295 yd. Big Bertha Alpha, 220 yd. X2Hot 23* to 12 feet. 2014 Callaway equipment rocks!

Congrats! I made an eagle today, too. 295 yd. Big Bertha Alpha, 220 yd. X2Hot 23* to 12 feet. 2014 Callaway equipment rocks!
Nice, Jdub! Cally clubs are game changers for me so far, I'm sure you will continue to enjoy them as well!

These fairway woods are plain mean long. I hit this right beside my x hot pro today on the monitor and smoked both of them. Bertha launched higher and 13yds longer than my x hot pro.

Not fair.

These fairway woods are plain mean long. I hit this right beside my x hot pro today on the monitor and smoked both of them. Bertha launched higher and 13yds longer than my x hot pro.

Not fair.

Stock Fubuki stiff?

That is correct. Put a nasty ponder in my head. 255 carry with a 3w is dirty, and I like.

Nice. Everyone seems to be complaining about the shaft being too whippet and I think it feels as good as anything.

WELP, learned that with a whippy shaft that if you don't try to kill it, you freakin murder it. That made me a sad :/

I am hitting the BB 3w anywhere between 280 to 290. Its stupid long. X2hot pro 18° hybrid is easily 10 uds longer than my 913 17° hybrid. Putting the 3w and x2hot hybo in my bag has created a huge gap between my 4i and the hybo. Its a very fun problem to have

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Back