2014 Winter Olympics - Sochi, Russia

3-0 sweet.

Its all over but the crying now. Canada is pressing and Sweden is defeated.

Swedes won't cry like Kessel.

4/4 for the gold medals that matter most for Canada. As a partial Canadian that's pretty sweet.

Congrats on the win today Henri! Is all of Finland feeling good?

Thanks :) Bronze is way better than nothing! They guys on the team leave Sochi winning the bronze, it's not gold, but winning your last game is important.
:act-up:I think the Olympics needs to go back to its roots. No more professionals, or so called world champions who already made millions$$. Need to get back to strictly amateurs...college level..after college..before..etc...but absolutely no professional background.. All the events have world champions in them, who compete on a circuit ...and the Olympics is just another so called stop on their schedules. This has become sad really, The spirit of the Olympics has turned to marketing / advertising and already high paid athletes competing for a metal that they could buy with a snap of their fingers...

Need to to go back to 80's type of Olympics...imo

Nooo....I vote the other way, for example boxing should go pro in the summer Olympics, and the Olympics should be about the best.

Solid Gold!!

Dominant performance. Congrats on gold. What a beautiful game to watch, maybe best hockey team ever assembled for Canada. Even though a few of their games were tight for score, they out played everyone decisively. Great defence of gold Canada!
Really glad Price got the shutout! Wow can't believe we only gave up 3 goals in the tournament!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

All is right in the world for another 4 years.

Now back to cheering for the dreadful Canucks.

OH Canada

OH Canada

Congrats to our friends in Canada on both Olympic Hockey Gold medals.

Being American and huge hockey fan, Canada men's team was hands down the best team and deserved to win the gold. One of these years the Red, White and Blue will beat Canada.

Congrats

Thought that was an interesting stat that all 30 NHL teams had at least one player on an Olympic roster.

OH Canada

OH Canada

Congrats to our friends in Canada on both Olympic Hockey Gold medals.

Being American and huge hockey fan, Canada men's team was hands down the best team and deserved to win the gold. One of these years the Red, White and Blue will beat Canada.

Congrats

The USA beats Canada all the. In Soccer, basketball, baseball, golf, tennis, bowling...basically every sport other than hockey.

America's hat is allowed one sport to be good at.

Congrats on the Gold Canada...... Painful typing that but I realize that they were the best team in the tournament.

Canada as a nation really only cares about one sport and if we win Hockey we are happy.

Would be nice if we had more guys on the PGA Tour but our climate doesn't help in that regard.

Well congrats to Russia for a 1st place performance at their home Olympics, just as we did in Vancouver with our 14 gold. Well 3rd isn't bad for a country of 35 million. And we got the 2 hockey golds so I'm satisfied.

ada4y4yr.jpg

Last edited:
Well congrats to Russia for a 1st place performance at their home Olympics, just as we did in Vancouver with our 14 gold. Well 3rd isn't bad for a country of 26 million. And we got the 2 hockey golds so I'm satisfied.

ada4y4yr.jpg

Not to get off topic, but I didn't know Canada has 26 million in population...http://www.cbc.ca/m/news/#!/content/1.1869011

FWIW, Norway has just over 5 million.

I am thrilled to be proven wrong on my pre-Games assumption that there would be a terrorist incident during the Games.

Can say that I was pretty burned out on watching nightly, but it was a decent distraction for the 16 days.

FWIW, Norway has just over 5 million.

Changed it. Apparently we are good at something else, lol.
Congrats to Norway, but it's winter there 11 months a year, lol. Just jokes. Ya Norway was really impressive.

Changed it. Apparently we are good at something else, lol.
Congrats to Norway, but it's winter there 11 months a year, lol. Just jokes. Ya Norway was really impressive.

And it's not winter 11 months in parts of Canada? :alien:

*Nerd Alert*
Can you grow strawberries in the summer like they can? They actually have a decently nice summer thanks to ocean currents. We will see ya in Rio, during the summer :)

*Nerd Alert*
Can you grow strawberries in the summer like they can? They actually have a decently nice summer thanks to ocean currents. We will see ya in Rio, during the summer :)

Does Canada even send athletes to the Summer Games?

I know Steve Nash plays basketball, that's about it. If only there was a competition for Bieber to compete in...

*Nerd Alert*

Not to get in a pissing match. Not sure why you started, but yes. I grow strawberries myself. And winter can vary here from November to January start (I've golfed here on Xmas day) till March to April. Not that bad.

Not to get in a pissing match. Not sure why you started, but yes. I grow strawberries myself. And winter can vary here from November to January start (I've golfed here on Xmas day) till March to April. Not that bad.

Pissing match? I don't think so man, just trying to have a conversation, enjoy.

Sure they do, even got 1 gold...in trampolining :) USA had 46 golds.

Sorry, had to make myself feel better after USA Hockey :)

Back