"Don't Just Play Golf, Live It"

T2GRN18

Reaction score
Handicap
We all know the words, what does it mean to you?

All about the Lifestyle.
Then taking the lifestyle and the simple things we learn from the game and incorporating it into every day life.

I think it is making golf a part of yourself. Allowing you to incorporate lessons learned on the golf course into everyday life. One thing my dad always said: "You're gonna learn to play golf son, because when you're older, more business gets done out on the golf course then in the office."

Just being able to use the game for everything. Lessons in life, fun with others, etcc. Incorporating it into everything. Everyone I know knows that I love golf. It is just part of who I am. Golf channel on TV all day at work. Sure it leads to some cheesy golf gifts, but at least I have a passion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To me, it means having a passion for the game and sharing/living it with others.

Embracing the game, and those that enjoy the same love as you do

To be involved in the sport on many levels and others associated with it. To try and involve others. Taking the things that make it special and using to better your life in other areas.

Golf is my passion and that tells me to live my passion!

It sounds so cheesy - but golf is a parallel of life in so many ways!

It's never easy & when you think you have it figured out, you don't! Eventually you will figure out lashing out in anger is a wasted emotion, and will only bring you and the people around you down. Hard work will eventually pay off though you might not see it at first - you get out what you put in. ( and more I believe.) You are going to get bad bounces - the key is how you respond! Know that will get that good kick as well! There will be broken hearts, but also a lifetime of memories. The best part is enjoying the journey along the way, the people on that path with you, and realizing exactly what you have and how blessed you are.

I don't think there is any question as to how much better of a husband & father I became after I started playing golf. Although one thing golf has taught me is not to look back but to focus on the next shot, I often truly wonder what would have happened in my first marriage had I been as involved in this great game then as I am now. It taught me patience, ( and lord knows I needed that ) humility ( sports always came pretty easily to me - but not this one! ), an even better work ethic, and gave me a passion that my son & step- daughter could relate to, and now that is now instilled in them.

Golf is what my husband and I do. It is what brought us together and has made our life so much fun. It motivates me to stay healthy so that I can continue playing for a LONG time. Lord knows I need a lot of motivation and golf is just what I need.

Golf is life for me. It not only provides lessons I can take off the course, but it's part of my DNA. It can bring people together you never would have thought & can bridge the gap to foster great communication. I love everything about it & I'm always looking to hold a conversation about it. I cannot wait to introduce this game to my daughters & hopefully they take to it as much as I did.

It's not just about the game, it's about what the game means and how it makes me feel.

Golf is a passion. I think about it throughout the day. Golf parallels life. There are times when everything goes exactly as planned, times when it seems like everything goes wrong, and times when out of the blue things go beyond your plan and expectations.

Play golf by the rules. Live life by the rules of decency. You will be a Champion.

JM

Back