Difference between Q stars and Z stars

Kreeghawk02

Big Fred
Reaction score
Handicap
Many
Ive been thinking a lot about balls lately. Ive played the QStars for the last 3 years and I think im satisfied with the ball but im now wondering if the Z star would be a little better for me. My swing speed is, id say average, between 85-95 maybe? Im just wondering if there would be a holy s#*t moment if id play the Z stars instead.

The Z stars are a urethane covered ball, and will spin noticeably more around the green. That's going to be where you notice the biggest difference. Both are great balls, and I've played them both for long stretches. I will say once you get used to the higher spin around the green, it's nice to have.

100% agree with mpeterson on this. I have gone back and forth between the 2. The biggest noticeable difference is greenside spin and partial wedge shots.

They're definitely both great balls, I played the Q stars for awhile and now play the xv (little firmer than z). The increase in spin can be a good thing if that's what you're looking for.

Agreed with above posters, the z star also felt better off the face. Z starxv is my current gamer.

The Z stars are a urethane covered ball, and will spin noticeably more around the green. That's going to be where you notice the biggest difference. Both are great balls, and I've played them both for long stretches. I will say once you get used to the higher spin around the green, it's nice to have.

^^^this all day

Is there a noticeable difference in length?

Z Star and Z Star XV Yellows are my game balls. Love them. Might have a slight preference for the Z Star over the XV.

I just decided to give the Calloway Chromesoft a shot and played 18 with a CS and didn't notice much of a difference from the Z Star.

Will give the CS a few more rounds but probably going right back to the Z Star

I play both pretty regularly. Only thing I would add is the Q-Star seems more forgiving off the driver compared to the Z-Star.

I play both pretty regularly. Only thing I would add is the Q-Star seems more forgiving off the driver compared to the Z-Star.

Thats the design of the Q star working, it is designed for less spin off the driver to help keep the ball on play.

Thats the design of the Q star working, it is designed for less spin off the driver to help keep the ball on play.

So is there a lot more roll out on drives with the Z stars then?

So is there a lot more roll out on drives with the Z stars then?

IMO the rollout is dependent on course conditions and ball descent angle. What I have seen is I hit a little higher flight with the Qs than the Zs. My distance is about the same with both. From my experiences the Qs and previous version e6s are pretty similar balls and help reduce spin and increase accuracy.

I'm a big fan of Srixon. I was looking for a ball that fit my game and started out with the Q Star. Loved the ball. I was then chosen to be a tester for the Z XV ball here at THP and fell even more in love with the ball. After playing and losing the test balls (over several rounds), I decided to try the Z Star. It actually fit more to my game and swing speed. It's now in my gamer.

If you like, send me your address and I'll send you a sleeve of the Z-Star yellow.

I'm a big fan of Srixon. I was looking for a ball that fit my game and started out with the Q Star. Loved the ball. I was then chosen to be a tester for the Z XV ball here at THP and fell even more in love with the ball. After playing and losing the test balls (over several rounds), I decided to try the Z Star. It actually fit more to my game and swing speed. It's now in my gamer.

If you like, send me your address and I'll send you a sleeve of the Z-Star yellow.
That is a fantastic offer and I appreciate it but I actually just bought 2 dozen yellow z stars from dicks online for $49. I haven't received them yet but I am excited to get them on the course. Again thanks for the offer man.

Back