My camparison with two bridgestones, the e6 vs B330rx

i played the E6 for the first time yesterday at a golf outing. Used only E6 for 36 holes yesterday. My normal ball is a callaway SS or Nike RZN. Turns out i really love the E6. I had very little trouble stopping it on the green based on my normal game ball. Everyone in my 4some was using Pro V1's and honestly i could NOT tell the difference in stopping power. The greens were a little slow so that may have affected things, but i was surprised at how well that ball performs. It was long off the tee, soft off the irons and again, where it landed it held pretty well. May be my new ball (2015 model). It was longer off the tee than what i normally get with the Supersoft.

Well, no ball is going to fix bad shots...

However, with all that said (and is it all only been a guess) but whats not a guess is that 2 shots with each ball is in no way anything imo to be drawing any conclusion on...

No doubt. I've played the E6's before several times and never really saw a benefit over the B330 line. Bad shots were just as bad and good shots were just as good, with the exception that the E6 won't hold a green without planning for tons of roll out. Everytime I've even tried it I walk away frustrated from its performance (or lack-thereof) around greens.

No doubt. I've played the E6's before several times and never really saw a benefit over the B330 line. Bad shots were just as bad and good shots were just as good, with the exception that the E6 won't hold a green without planning for tons of roll out. Everytime I've even tried it I walk away frustrated from its performance (or lack-thereof) around greens.

I here ya, and therefor the b-series is what you feel works best for you between these 2 balls.
And so there is one less ball for you to consider :)

Very interesting to see these two compared, because the e6 has been my gamer since last season and based on a recent online fitting I'm thinking about picking up a dozen of the B330-RX. In fact, the e6 wasn't even one of the three recommended options from Bridgestone. It seems like no matter what ball I use, I still have a 2 way miss off the tee, but my irons and wedges have been decent as of late, and one thing I cannot stand is hitting a green only to watch the ball bounce right off the back, or hit and roll... and roll... and roll.

Very interesting to see these two compared, because the e6 has been my gamer since last season and based on a recent online fitting I'm thinking about picking up a dozen of the B330-RX. In fact, the e6 wasn't even one of the three recommended options from Bridgestone. It seems like no matter what ball I use, I still have a 2 way miss off the tee, but my irons and wedges have been decent as of late, and one thing I cannot stand is hitting a green only to watch the ball bounce right off the back, or hit and roll... and roll... and roll.

fwiw, when do hit a green with a good approach which not all too often to begin with I tend to come in pretty high anyway, hence the "good shot" so for me I don't think I'm going to see much less roll out with the rx anyway. But to be fair its something I am going to try to pay better attention to next couple rounds as I compare before I goahead and state that for sure. However, when I should hit a green with a "not so good" shot which does happen where the ball perhaps comes in at shallower angles is where I may see some differences if at all but those kinds of shots which are really just good misses imo probably (from me) don't have any much spin on them anyway. I don't generate a lot with my better shots so my worse ones probably don't stand a chance. But hey, this is why I'm experimenting. And of course there is also the stuff from close in where I may or not notice differences too. I am itching to get back out and (due to obs) don't think it will be this weekend :(

And so I got out today for a niner.
For only playing 9 I surprisingly had some good green scenarios with both balls to report and compare some greens actions as for some approaches and some close in stuff. Fwiw the greens were on the firmer side today with one exception being #8 which was damp and soft.

Hole #1 (e6) No approach to mention. Chipped on from 4 feet off and out of rough with a sw to a slight downhill pin 15 yard away and ball stopped well short (too short) and left myself with a 10 foot putt.

Hole #2 (B-rx) from a "semi fairway/apron bunker" about 30 yards out. Hit a wedge out onto a high green slope and drained nicely towards the pin. Played as planned :)

Hole#3 (e6) 9iron from 148 at rear pin. Hit the e6 on the green and it rolled about 5 feet from its mark which put me pin high and I missed the 8foot birdie putt. lol

Hole#4 (B-rx) LW from about 30 yrds over a pond hit it a bit strong for the distance but high and soft and landed pin high but on a relatively flat green bounced and rolled about 5 to 7 yards and off the side into the roguh

Hole#5 (e6) LW from 47 yards landed and stayed within a foot of its mark. Green was slightly pitched towards me.

Hole #6 (Brx) SW from few feet off in rough and hit an easy one on and rolled pretty much as planned.

Hole #7 (e6) SW from rough to elevated green from about 7 yards off to a pin abouth another 7yards in that that. Hit it well but too much on it and over flew the pin before landing and was also significant slope running away from pin. Uh ho, but Ball managed to stay on the green. I thought for certain I would have rolled all the way to the apron and off due to the downhill but it didn't.

Hole#8 (softest green) (B-rx) 88 yards with a SW uphilll to a high elevated green. well hit an landed on and rolled 10 feet uphill from pitchmark

Hole #9 (e6) Uphill elevated approach again. 8iron form 140ish landed center green bit past the pin (from a short side angle) and bounced twice and rolled off a few feet into far side bunker. Out and into rough then Chipped on well from that rough (I forgot which club) got it close.

I was lucky today to get some good "greens scenarios" to analyze with each ball with only 9 holes played. Usually would be quite more really screwed up shots or poor scenarios and extenuating circumstances that I would have to not count them in a comparison but wasn't the case today. Things worked well for the experiment and some decent comparrisons.

I am not done with this but so far (as for greens approaches and shorty stuff) I cant yet say I gained anything from the Brx vs the e6. It seems I had both good and less than good with both balls about equally. My brx is not checking (thus far) any better. But hey, I (like many) don't generate stopping power and great spin anyway as mentioned and is very much why I am experimenting with this in the first place. To see if I can gain.

So far with all things in recap, there is nothing that speaks to me nor outright helps my game better to warrant making the switch to the Brx from the e6 a permanent thing. But I will continue again next round and hope to again get some good scenarios to keep comparing. I always maintain our inconsistencies (at least mine) require quite a bit of golf in order to gain good results when comparing.

Last edited:
Just wanted to add that I'm a high spin iron player, not the back the ball up spin type either.

The e6 just works for me at my home course.

Just a great ball

Funny, as I read my latest post from yesterday's 9, It sounds like I had a pretty good 9 but it was actually one of my worst of the season lol.
I actually flopped a number of first attempt approaches. I also mishit a few chips prior to some of the ones mentioned and like the flopped approaches they were useless to use for any comparing so I left them out, and on hole#5 I tripled because of several flops from the tee through the hole right up until that very good wedge which stayed near its pitch mark.

I actually drove the ball well but too much garbage was played on shots that were after the decent tee shots but prior to the shots described in the post. But it was that poorer play which actually helped set me up for the good comparo's with both balls I ended being able to see. So while bad for me and my scoring :( it was good for the experiment :)

I did have one bomb on the par5 4th to 285 with the Brx . But I have also been in that spot on this hole a bunch of other times in the past with the e6 too so I cant credit the Brx for it. I really hit it on the screws and it made the crest of the firm fairway and then slight downhill after that. I also had a 265 smack with the e6 into slight uphill and in the right side rough. Both of those things working against distance so I repeat that so far distance is similar for me with either ball for me.

I had a 5iron approach with the rx was well struck but a little in-out and this is where the e6 helps. Being so use to the e6 for several seasons and through so very many shots played I have come to expect a certain result based on my feel of the shot and then watching the ball's flight. I felt confident the ball was going to be left but not all that much. But this wasn't the e6, it was the Brx and when the ball began to move left it got to about a point where I would be accustomed to watching it resist with a similarly hit shot but it just kept going more left.. This was the hole where I had to pitch over the front narrow edge of a pond. I am very confident to say that the shot (if with the e6) would not have gone quite that far left and would have left me on the hole side of that ponds narrow edge instead. The ball wasn't hooked badly at all or anything like that, but just over-drawn some.

On the 7th hole (with e6) I hit in-out but also was aimed a tad left and felt as though I was definitely risking left side woods based off my feel from the swing but again is where I come to appreciate the e6. The ball (heading left off the club) and tarts to turn left too and then it just doesn't (as seen so many times) continue turning as far as your hoping it wont. Instead of landing edge of woods I was instead left with a very playable shot from a tad further in play.

All in all I am still benefitting slightly more from the e6 for my game vs the Brx. I really want to see myself benefit from the B-rx as for greens but so far from what that last 9 hole round showed me I cant say I am. And i'll be paying more attention to that part again next time out. keep ya posted when I do.

I found a few of last year's 330-RX in my bag, so I swapped them out with the e6 on a few holes this weekend.

The 330-RX had a softer feel for me in general, and it was really apparent with the putter. I left a few putts short, and when I switched back to the e6 I sent a few long trying the same stroke I had with the e6. But I did find that the e6 was definitely straighter for me with the driver and longer irons.

I found a few of last year's 330-RX in my bag, so I swapped them out with the e6 on a few holes this weekend.

The 330-RX had a softer feel for me in general, and it was really apparent with the putter. I left a few putts short, and when I switched back to the e6 I sent a few long trying the same stroke I had with the e6. But I did find that the e6 was definitely straighter for me with the driver and longer irons.

I find that strange you felt that way because while the rx has a softer cover feel, the e6 is much softer cored and off the club faces (most would say) is a much mushier feeling and far less clicky sounding too. Soft core and soft cover are two different things of course but being the 6 is one of the lowest comp balls out there its feel and sound is usually quite mushy.
As for putting, is it possible you simply were short and then coincidentally over compensated by going long as you also just happened to switch balls as you over compensated? which is something we all can do even without changing balls.

I don't argue against your comments but just question from curiosity.

I find that strange you felt that way because while the rx has a softer cover feel, the e6 is much softer cored and off the club faces (most would say) is a much mushier feeling and far less clicky sounding too.
As for putting, is it possible you simply were short and then coincidentally over compensated by going long as you also just happened to switch balls as you over compensated? which is something we all can do even without changing balls.

I don't argue against your comments but just question from curiosity.

As we all know, feel is subjective. To me, the 330-RX felt softer than the e6, not as soft as a SuperSoft or Duo.

On putting- you may be 100% correct. I mentally may have over/under compensated simply based on the ball I was using that hole. Given I'm a higher HDCP, that may absolutely be the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, so 2more rounds and without getting into long hole by hole stories I will just say in a nut shell that the extra cost of a B-series ball fwiw is just not something I am benefitting from greens wise. I guess I am just not yet enough of a good greens spinner of the ball to take advantage of the ball vs the e6. I have now through many shots from many circumstances experienced both balls about the same as for my ability to land and have them stay relatively put or prevent them from running out. I have made very similarly real good , to "OK" , to poor shots onto greens with many different clubs and from many different scenarios and both balls behave (for me) honestly about the same as for that part of "my" game. I've had both balls stay put and both balls run out.

I've actually had "some" better results with the e6 at some times I really expected the ball to run and it didn't which goes to tell me that its more about myself than the ball at this point. If I strike balls well, the greens results seem to work with either of the two balls (for me) similarly and if I don't strike them well, I can not say the Brx helped me stay on any better. But we must remember, as I a have always maintained, I am not (just like many others) one who generates great greens spin and stopping power. I simply have improved with my (relatively speaking) consistency and game play so I thought it time to give more of a so called "gamers ball" a fair chance. The advantages the Brx may have to offer are something I perhaps may better experience in the future. But I'm not really seeing this happen. So I just don't gain from the Brx at this point. Though I am certain others will gain (as been said) but not me, not yet.

The Brx certainly isn't hurting me, however what I do gain more from is (something else I have maintained in this thread) and that is the e6 ability to help tame the less than good hits. I do in that sense still gain more from the e6 than I can from the Brx. Those border line shots that the e6 still helps (or I should say assists) me with are still worth more to me and my game stroke wise than any greens advantage "I" can ever gain from the Brx at least at this point.

To recap all I have done here through a number of rounds
"For me and my game" -

Distance - both similar "for me"
Greens play - both similar "for me"
Putting - both similar "for me"
Feel - is all too personal for each individual but I like the smushy feel and sound of the e6 off woods and irons
Gains - I gain something extra with the e6 for taming some of my less than better shots
Durability - the e6 is noticeably more durable and is of course also cheaper so lasts longer and cheaper? imo is a double win for that part.

So its the e6 that is still more of a benefit for me at this time. And I get to continue to save some bucks too.

I am actually down to a few Brx left in my bag and will continue alternating till I no longer have them. I will add if anything I experience changes. But I posted again today because I do now feel I've got a pretty good idea of each ball for "my" entire game. But who knows still what tomorrow brings? And I do plan on playing again tomorrow:) I am being golf greedy this weekend LOL

Last edited:
Maybe I'm the odd man out, but I don't see the spin limiting characteristics of the E6 when I try it. The last time I played it head to head with a B330rx I hooked my E6 tee shot and my E6 approach shot (into the woods and lost). The B330rx landed just left of the fairway and just left of the green. I'm not saying that the E6 caused extra spin, but it wasn't enough on those two shots to save me from trouble.

On the short game, I've never been able to get the E6 to do what I want around the green. I don't have enough game to make a urethane ball do everything I desire, but I have 10x better luck with them around the green. There have been plenty of times when I hit a B330 series ball with a chip/pitch around the green a little too hard, but the ball checks up enough to save me from a catastrophe. These same mis-hits would typically send an E6 to the opposite side or off the back of the green.

I also swing around 105+ with my driver, 90-95 with my irons, and am a high spin player. I can't tell much difference between any of the B330 series balls. They all perform great though.

I'm about positive there was a Bridgestone employee/rep in a ball testing thread saying the inner layer of the E6 and RX share similar sidespin correcting attributes. RX is pretty straight itself.

I'm about positive there was a Bridgestone employee/rep in a ball testing thread saying the inner layer of the E6 and RX share similar sidespin correcting attributes. RX is pretty straight itself.

Fwiw I have spoken to Bridge specifically about the two and in fairly lengthy conversation when I started this experiment. At least according the rep I spoke with, the Brx does spin more which by default means more greenside spin but also more sidespin too. Its just that I, like so many others (of many levels of ability) don't generate the kind of greenside stopping power as some others an so we just cant take advantage of what the ball offers. However, because the ball does spin more it also will turn more (due to side spin) so it shouldn't be quite as straight as the e6. The rx is a softer core ball than the regular B-series but still not as soft core as the e6.

Over all I would say the rx is a bit straighter vs some other balls.
And the differences between the e6 and the Brx as for keeping one a bit straighter (from my experiences) is a bit closer than other balls but is still enough to gauge and see imo and still enough to be a difference for ones game. At least for my game its what I have been experiencing throughout this long experiment.
at all
BTW, this is not a knock on the Brx at all but was just an honest and great effort worth of a good long experiment with both balls and how they work for me and my current game.

I did play again today and also kept with the 2 ball rotation. I actually (on one shot) somehow managed to spin one back a few feet from about 90yrds out with my sw. A rare thing for me to do and the ball that I hit it with was the e6. And over all I again had some real good shots with both balls and when i stick any, I do it with either ball similarly. So this is much more about me than the either of the two balls as for holding greens. I don't doubt at all that those with "better" greens play may benefit more from the Brx and many have said they do. But as I've mentioned a few times, I am (like many other players) not one to normally generate any great stopping power so I just cant really take advantage of the Brx nor justify the cost of the more expensive ball that also doesn't last as long at this time. But what I do gain something from is as mentioned - the e6 helping keep me a tad straighter even if minimal is still worth a stroke here and there during a round and also lighter on the pocket :)

No one has chimed in yet and said " Ball X just feels different off the putter " cracks me up when a high handicapper chimes in with how one ball feels different with a putter

No one has chimed in yet and said " Ball X just feels different off the putter " cracks me up when a high handicapper chimes in with how one ball feels different with a putter

Not sure I follow the meaning of your post.
For my putting I really didn't prefer one over the other nor notice any big difference that was worth mentioning. To me both feel and react similar off my putter. And why wouldn't or shouldn't a high capper (whatever you consider a high capper to be) be able to offer an opinion on how he/she feels any differences between the 2 balls while putting?

I felt to add a little more from a round I played yesterday because I had some really nice green approach shots where I for some reason was simply hitting the ball very crisp and really leading with my hands on quite a few shots. This resulted in some (not so usual for me) very good "hitting down on the ball" contact and better than usual spin for me to hold balls well close to their landing marks with irons such as 6,7,8,9. The success of either ball was still very similar even now that I was spinning the ball a bit better than usual. They both held very similarly for me. But keep in mind (my extra spin yesterday) is only relative to my normal play and still may be far from the spin others of you can generate. All I can say is that when I do seem to spin the ball somewhat with a good approach shot I get good results with either ball. And as for close up chipping/pitching from greenside? I (as said in the past and like many others out there) I do not have much spin stopping power in those close -up scenarios anyway and both balls again run similar.

So again for me there is still nothing to gain from the more expensive (Brx) ball vs the e6. I do actually gain a little by continuing to use the e6 in terms of keeping me just a tad straighter and not to mention the cost and more durable.

Feel is mostly due to sound and perhaps vibration. so if you can hear the difference between one ball to another. Yes you can "FEEL" the difference. Play a chrome soft then play a SR3. they "feel" different off the putter, not to mention they roll differently. Whether or not this applies one's handicap is irrelevant.

Best putter in the world that can't hit a long ball to save his life is still a high handicapper. Who's to argue what he can or can not feel?

Back