2015 Open Championship Contest & Thread

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The 2015 Open Championship is almost upon us and that means one of our fun major contests is here as well. This thread will serve as host for all of the tournament chatter as well as contest talk. It should be lively for the tournament, so hopefully those that enter join in on the fun during the tournament.

product-bb-815.jpg

Like many of our major challenges, your job will be to pick players and depending on how they finish, you could be a winner.

The Prizes
Brand new Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 Driver

Here are the rules
1. Only one entry per person
2. You must be a THP forum member with at least 1 post to enter.
3. Your entry will be emailed in.
4. Contest Open to anybody that is a member of the THP Forum
5. Shipping of prize is free for 2015 Albatross Club Members only. It is a very special initiative as THP partners with Folds of Honor to give back to this amazing organization in the name of this community of people. If you are not a member and would like more information, click here.

Contest will run until the tournament starts Thursday & we will use this thread for all the tournament action. When the 1st man is off, entries will be closed off.

Your Entry
Your entry will consist of your pick(s) for the tournament as well as this info. Your email will be sent to contests@thehackersparadise.com
Picks
Your THP Forum Screen Name
Full Name
Shipping Address

Playing the Game
Your job will be to pick any two players in the field and the twosome picked with the most prize money after the Open, wins the brand new driver.

Good luck everybody and we look forward to a great Open Championship and a THPer winning an great prize.

Favorite Major of the year and Callaway comes through, yet again. Going to be fun.

Good luck everyone!

Another great contest from THP with an awesome prize from Callaway! Thinking cap is on....

Major week! Love these weeks here on THP!

Fun Fun Fun! I love the Major contests.

Im going to take a day or two and put some thought into this one , sure would love to have that driver.

Thanks THP and Callaway !

Sounds like fun. It's going to be an interesting tournament this year.

A huge thanks to Callaway Golf and THP, this will be the best Open ever for one lucky THPer. Now let me begin to think this over. Good luck all.

Awesome contest! I need to study on this for a day or two.

picks are in, went with my first instinct which means I wont win but it will be fun nonetheless! Good luck everyone and thanks THP and Callaway!

Awesome contest. Have a feeling one pick will be very common...

Love this time of the year. The Open is always fun to watch. Time to throw on the thinking cap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome prize and contest! Thanks THP and Callaway!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love majors on THP. Thanks for the contest.

Picks are in.

Great Prize!!!

The question is to go off the board or go with the obvious picks.

Awesome prize and contest!

TV Coverage information:
ESPN and WatchESPN will have 11 scheduled hours of live play from each of the first two rounds on Thursday and Friday, July 16-17 from 4 a.m. – 3 p.m. ET. The third round on Saturday, July 18, will air live from 7 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. with the final round on Sunday, July 19, airing live from 6 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.

New this year will be a three-hour telecast of the Champion Golfers’ Challenge at 11 a.m. on Wednesday, July 15, on ESPN2 and WatchESPN. The event will include former winners of The Open in groups of three or four playing the 1st, 2nd, 17th and 18th holes of the Old Course for charity. Tiger Woods, Phil Mickelson, Tom Watson, Gary Player and Nick Faldo are among the expected participants. Watson has announced that this will be his last year playing in The Open.

Great contest and prizes. Thank you THP and Callaway. Need to put some thought into who to pick now.

Very nice, will be in on this one for sure!

Jordan plus who is the question.

CJy1rYGWEAE8Abk.png:large

Tee times for the first 2 rounds have just been released: http://www.theopen.com/TeeTimes#!/R1

Off the top of my head, interesting pairings for the first 2 rounds:
Els/Tom Watson/Snedeker
Poulter/Schwartzel/Bubba Watson
Garcia/Westwood/Reed
Dustin Johnson/Matsuyama/Spieth
Woods/Oosthuizen/Day
Daly/Jimenez/Dufner (more for the craziness of these 3 in a playing group)
Scott/Kaymer/Jimmy Walker
Kuchar/Mickelson/Stenson
Faldo/Rose/Fowler

The world may implode with that much douchebag in one group when Bubba and Poulter combine.

The world may implode with that much douchebag in one group when Bubba and Poulter combine.

The reaction I've seen on Twitter from multiple people after seeing that grouping announced: What did Schwartzel do to deserve that?

Back