Strong-Arc Putter Choice - Ping vs Seemore

clarkgriswold

2019 Grandaddy Alumni
Reaction score
Handicap
I have been using the iPing app a bit recently and testing out some new putters. I have a strong Arc swing according to the ping app. Unfortunately the app isn't updated with the new line of putters. Right now I am torn between the Ping Zing, the Anser and the Seemore 38 special. Any thoughts/comments? I really do like the Seemore alignment indicator, but not sure if that fits the swing type.

I have been using the iPing app a bit recently and testing out some new putters. I have a strong Arc swing according to the ping app. Unfortunately the app isn't updated with the new line of putters. Right now I am torn between the Ping Zing, the Anser and the Seemore 38 special. Any thoughts/comments? I really do like the Seemore alignment indicator, but not sure if that fits the swing type.

As far as the alignment aid goes swing type shouldn't matter so long as you return the clubface back to the alignment you started with. Regarding the Ping app, it correlates swing type with the amount of toe hang a putter has. SBST gets pointed to face balanced, slight arc to moderate hang, and strong arc to strong hang. Seemore has offerings in all three categories, roll as many as you can and see what you like. Take the app recommendations as a starting point and let your stroke be the final arbiter.

Click in the link - HERE - it shows a great video about the putting stroke. The key is to not manipulation the putting stroke at all. Let the putter face return to square naturally. Looking at the video the putting stroke is both - SBST and arc-to-arc - depends on what you are looking at. Notice the with line on the putter head - it goes up and inside and back down - up and inside....and take a look at the heel of the putter head - it moves straight back and straight through. Here are options for putters that are face balanced at impact - SEE HERE. We are always happy to help answer any of your questions.

ok after about an hour of narrowing it down, I decided to go with a Seemore........but not sure which of the 3. I liked them all, curious other than length and color are there anything about these 3 putters that are majorly different about the heads, are one of them more geared towards a strong arc?

SeeMore mFGP CS Counterbalance Putter
SeeMore PTM3 Putter
SeeMore PTM1 Putter

ok after about an hour of narrowing it down, I decided to go with a Seemore........but not sure which of the 3. I liked them all, curious other than length and color are there anything about these 3 putters that are majorly different about the heads, are one of them more geared towards a strong arc?

SeeMore mFGP CS Counterbalance Putter
SeeMore PTM3 Putter
SeeMore PTM1 Putter

None of them are really geared towards a strong arc, as all three at face balanced at impact. The mFGP is a mill carbon steel head. The PTM 1 and 3 are stainless steel with milled faces. Not too much difference between them other than materials. The shapes may vary just a little, rounded edges etc. Also, that doesn't look like an mFGP in the picture. But close enough.

Edit: Big screw up on Golf Galaxy's part. No way an mFGP is selling for $165. If that really is an mFGP, I am placing my order right now!

I took a photo of the tag before I left, it said 38 Special FGP on one of the labels and FGP CounterBalance - FGPCOUNTER. Was a 38" putter with orange long grip, chrome shaft, black tip.

The sku # on the bar code was 8 1505301455 9.

I took a photo of the tag before I left, it said 38 Special FGP on one of the labels and FGP CounterBalance - FGPCOUNTER. Was a 38" putter with orange long grip, chrome shaft, black tip.

The sku # on the bar code was 8 1505301455 9.

Right. It isn't the mFGP. It is a counterbalanced FGP. A very nice putter.

Any benefits of a counterbalance for a strong-arc? Would it make it worse, or is it not relevant to the path, just consistency?

Any benefits of a counterbalance for a strong-arc? Would it make it worse, or is it not relevant to the path, just consistency?

The counterbalance is a feel thing really.

Have you wanted the videos in the post below?

Click in the link - HERE - it shows a great video about the putting stroke. The key is to not manipulation the putting stroke at all. Let the putter face return to square naturally. Looking at the video the putting stroke is both - SBST and arc-to-arc - depends on what you are looking at. Notice the with line on the putter head - it goes up and inside and back down - up and inside....and take a look at the heel of the putter head - it moves straight back and straight through. Here are options for putters that are face balanced at impact - SEE HERE. We are always happy to help answer any of your questions.

yes, I did watch, but you said earlier they aren't geared towards a stong-arc, which I do have. From what I understand in the video it's showing that regardless of arc its about squaring the face at impact. I really do like the rifile scope alignment, compared to my current versa 1w. (which I am selling).

I have been using the iPing app a lot lately and trying a lot of putting changes. I have been putting left hand low for many years and after using the app I realized how horribly inconsistent the swing is and that at impact the face is often 1-2 degrees closed. A simple switch to a more traditional right hand low grip has got the impact angle closer to neutral with some swings slightly open and some slightly closed.

I did notice that when switching grips the left hand low is graded as strong-arc without question, right hand low is still graded a strong-arc but much closer to slight-arc on the scale. It's going to take a lot more practice, but at least the rifle-scope takes out 1 of the variables.

yes, I did watch, but you said earlier they aren't geared towards a stong-arc, which I do have. From what I understand in the video it's showing that regardless of arc its about squaring the face at impact. I really do like the rifile scope alignment, compared to my current versa 1w. (which I am selling).

I have been using the iPing app a lot lately and trying a lot of putting changes. I have been putting left hand low for many years and after using the app I realized how horribly inconsistent the swing is and that at impact the face is often 1-2 degrees closed. A simple switch to a more traditional right hand low grip has got the impact angle closer to neutral with some swings slightly open and some slightly closed.

I did notice that when switching grips the left hand low is graded as strong-arc without question, right hand low is still graded a strong-arc but much closer to slight-arc on the scale. It's going to take a lot more practice, but at least the rifle-scope takes out 1 of the variables.

Clark - You might be over-thinking the putting stroke. Try to keep it as simple as possible and let the putter work for you. Sounds as if you are trying to manipulate the putting stroke. Beauty about the SeeMore putter is that you do not have to think at all - aim, point and shoot! Give us a call - 615-435-8015 or email at info@seemore.com or if a SPi instructor is nearby your home we can recommend one. Happy to help.

None of them are really geared towards a strong arc, as all three at face balanced at impact. The mFGP is a mill carbon steel head. The PTM 1 and 3 are stainless steel with milled faces. Not too much difference between them other than materials. The shapes may vary just a little, rounded edges etc. Also, that doesn't look like an mFGP in the picture. But close enough.

Edit: Big screw up on Golf Galaxy's part. No way an mFGP is selling for $165. If that really is an mFGP, I am placing my order right now!

Yep. That putter retails for $345 and is priced below wholesale cost

After doing the self fitting on the website it put me at 36" standard lie. I think I am going to go with the 38 FGP, felt the most comfortable posture wise and I can choke up/down when necessary.

Back