2015 #TheGauntlet Travel Thread

Miller Time

Twitter - @joshmlr
Reaction score
Handicap
Has Been
I know it'll pick up when the last two teams are selected, so I thought I'd get it started.

I'll be flying into Midway around lunch on Friday and looking at a flight after 7pm on Sunday. Anyone else made plans already?

I'm local and happy to hang out or pick people up from the airport etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's a chance of a Cleveland carpool but it's all gonna depend on work

I'm local and happy to hang out or pick people up from the airport etc

You should pick me up from Cleveland. Might give you a leg up as far as #MVP goes

I am also local and very one to O'Hare airport if anyone needs a ride.

I believe tee times kick off at 10am, so figure done by 3-4 or so by last group out and handing out trophies. Keep in mind we are a bit far from the airport though.

Dropping this in here as well, just in case anyone missed it.

I will be driving up in the morning from Indy and can help with rides from the airport if needed.

I will be driving up in the morning from Indy and can help with rides from the airport if needed.

I'll be arriving to Midway at 9:18AM local time on Friday, so that would be awesome if it works out! Keep me posted.

I'll be heading in Friday morning so if anyone needs anything let me know. I'm pretty useless as far as rides but if I can do anything else let me know.

Civic FTL

I'll be heading in Friday morning so if anyone needs anything let me know. I'm pretty useless as far as rides but if I can do anything else let me know.

Civic FTL

But 40 MPG FTW.

I'll be arriving to Midway at 9:18AM local time on Friday, so that would be awesome if it works out! Keep me posted.
You just reminded me that we gain an hour when heading to Chicago.. I will probably be getting a little later in the morning but we will figure it out.

I'll be arriving Friday local time of 4:30 on Alaska Air and departing Monday afternoon at 5:30. Couldn't get a direct flight late enough on Sunday.

Yes, I just updated the first post, here's the hotel info:

We have arranged a discounted rate at the Hyatt Place Naperville/Warrenville Hotel. A king bed room is $107/night, and a room with 2 double beds is $117/night. Breakfast and free wifi is included with your stay. This does NOT include the 10.65% tax. To make a reservation please call the hotel directly at 1-800-590-2796 and let them know you are with The Hackers Paradise group.

Just going to throw this info in here for the travel talk. Jay and Nick, you guys down with splitting a room 3 ways?

I will be traveling up in the THP Tour Van with this one and upon arrival will hand over the corpse of Mward because I figure I will murder him over the course of a multiday Tour Van drive. I kid I kid.

I will be traveling up in the THP Tour Van with this one and upon arrival will hand over the corpse of Mward because I figure I will murder him over the course of a multiday Tour Van drive. I kid I kid.

Is there room for him? I figured TRich was still back there

Cleveland carpool? Who has the most room?

Is there room for him? I figured TRich was still back there

Only winners are allowed in the Tour Van (other than me), so he was relegated to his new job at the car wash.

Cleveland carpool? Who has the most room?

I'm down to carpool for sure. I plan on leaving Friday morning and coming home Sunday night so if everyone is on board with that I'm in

I'm down to carpool for sure. I plan on leaving Friday morning and coming home Sunday night so if everyone is on board with that I'm in
That is what I'm thinking too.

we have a cx 5 that can theoretically hold all of us and 4 golf bags.

Team hotel rooms? Take this competition off the course as well? Hopefully wardy makes it alive or else things will get interesting.

Just going to throw this info in here for the travel talk. Jay and Nick, you guys down with splitting a room 3 ways?
I'm totally down for splitting a room with you guys. I am only 30 minutes away but don't won't to miss anything that #TheGauntlet had to offer!

Count me in!

2015 #TheGauntlet Travel Thread

Count me in!

Sounds like a plan! You gonna book the room? And I believe I have an air mattress but I'll be traveling with at least two others so if you have one that would save us some space in the #MVPwagon

Back