Have you ever carried an opposite handed club?

captaincaution

@alekbabel -2022 Grandaddy!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Have you ever carried an opposite handed club in your bag?

I never have, and I don't see why I would. I think giving up a spot in my bag I'd only use once in about never wouldn't be worth it. If I find myself in a spot where I absolutely would need a left handed club, I'd just bite the bullet and take an unplayable.

No. I dont see why it would be needed. I have enough trouble hitting them with my dominant swing hand, couldnt imagine trying to do the opposite.

No but 80% of my rounds are played with my dad who's a lefty. Only had to use one of his clubs once.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I personally have not, but once played with a guy who played righty and putted lefty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. I dont see why it would be needed. I have enough trouble hitting them with my dominant swing hand, couldnt imagine trying to do the opposite.

I almost replied with this exact quote. Glad I didn't skim

I could not honestly see myself going into a store and dropping money on a club that you know you are going to play like horribly. I have a list of equipment I want to buy that will actually help my game.

Nope. When I think of a reason why somebody would/should I will let you know.

I put one in for the match play tournament 2 years ago. Only it was a putter (like a mini-putt putter), gripped with a regular grip. I don't think I ever used it though.

The thinking was if I needed to get out of a bad lie my a tree or stump, then i could use it to advance the ball enough for a proper swing.

I think an opposite club is perfect for people who carry less than 14 clubs. Not some brand new high dollar club, but a lefty 7 iron just in case you have to hit something left handed (opposite handed). If you have an empty slot, why not?

Yes, a putter.

Does a SeeMore M6 count as ambidextrous?

I never have, but I have hit shots with right handed clubs a couple times in rounds, with surprisingly decent results.

I had a lefty 8 iron in my basement not sure how it got there but I carried it for a full season, and after the season was over I only hit once so I removed it for a club that would help me more a 60* wedge.

A couple years ago I noticed that when I would hurriedly brush in a gimmie with the back of my putter opposite handed to stay off somebodys line I never missed...never..but occasionally would miss gimmies right handed... I got online and found a Ben Cook putter for 5 bucks that looked very similar to a LH version of the Odyssey blade I was using...5 bucks plus a bigger grip that I already had. When I putted lefty with that thing I never missed inside 8 feet...never...but I was very inconsistent with distance control on anything longer than 12-15 feet...I kind of figured out that the reason I was so accurate opposite handed was because it forced me to concentrate a lot harder...so I went back to using the right handed putter, concentrated harder, and used an alignment mark on the ball religiously and it really helped.

No, but I do sometimes swing lefty with the club upside down.

~Rock

I personally have not, but once played with a guy who played righty and putted lefty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For several years, this was me!!

When I was coming back to golf and carried 13 clubs most times, I would occasionally throw in an old left-handed 9i I had lying around, just on the off chance I'd use it to get out of an awkward lie.
When I added a wedge, out it went. If I'm looking at something that I can only get at left handed, I'll either flip a wedge or use the putter left handed. Made a few heroic escapes with that.

If you have the space and don't mind dragging it along, why not? I think there's better options for most to make up 14, but to each his own.

Yes all the time, my putter.

Nope...despite being a feelplayer I have ventured to the wrong side of the ball yet

Back