Paul Dunne's Putting Stroke

billybaroo13

Reaction score
Handicap
Anyone noticed Paul Dunne's putting grip and/or stroke? It seems like he is using the old "2-Thumb" method but I'm not sure. It would be interesting to get any insight into the way he is putting.

I noticed that as well... I have been paying extra attention to most golfers putting grip as I am struggling to find mine and want to try different styles. I'm still searching sadly. I noticed his. Almost looks like you need a huge Fatso grip to pull off his style. Unique for sure though....

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Looks like a straight up and down pendulum swing. Very interesting indeed. Looks like it would take out most of your hand rotation issues.

I couldn't watch that nonsense.

Prayer grip + MASSIVE superstroke + pointer fingers on both sides pointing down = glad I learned how to calm my wrists the old fashion way.

Just for Canadan
d9fe5cdbdfd08aee19704fdb30fdc0cd.jpg

I couldn't watch that nonsense.

Prayer grip + MASSIVE superstroke + pointer fingers on both sides pointing down = glad I learned how to calm my wrists the old fashion way.

except he got to play in The Open :alien:

Just for Canadan
d9fe5cdbdfd08aee19704fdb30fdc0cd.jpg

With those fingers pointing down the grip like that, if Mike Dean sees that, he will pass out with rapture.

One of the best performances by an Amateur. I'd say that "nonsense" makes a whole lot of sense for him.

I noticed that as well... I have been paying extra attention to most golfers putting grip as I am struggling to find mine and want to try different styles. I'm still searching sadly. I noticed his. Almost looks like you need a huge Fatso grip to pull off his style. Unique for sure though....

if not tried already take a look at Pat O'brien grip

I do that from time to time myself. It's really good for the pendulum motion but I don't have a good feel for speed with it.

He would have owned me, too.

Well, maybe not the final round.... But probably.

You would have looked better while on the putting green though, that's for sure.

Thanks emart for the suggestion. I just looked up a few of his sites and added him on Twitter. I dig into it more after work. Any suggestions are great.

I believe he is using a grip on You Tube- search-George's putting grip, amazing grip created by an average golfer, that really works!! It's taken many stoked off my game and all my friends that use it and is gunn to watch! A guy and his dog in the snow! No kidding a must see! It will have you reaching for your putter, trying to figure out what he does, it a perfect pendulum stroke!!

This crazy grip has given me confidence on the green I haven't had since they banned anchored putting.
I use a SuperStroke Flat so 2.0 and my index fingers wrapped behind the grip.

A fellow 5.0 user it appears.

That's the grip I use -- takes the right hand out of the action.

I was fortunate that Pat is in Dallas, and I had lessons with him over a 2 yr period from 2008-2010 - putting and short game. Need to go back to more of his short game. I experiment far too much - time to get back to basics.

On THPTV:

Last edited:
I use this grip too. Couldn’t figure out how to explain it a few days ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back