What is your ulitmate goal?

I want to be a sub 5 handi. That is my goal. That means that I break 80 regularly and might flirt with par

You know when you're standing around talking golf, and somebody asks you if you're good? My goal is to be able to honestly say, "Yeah, I'm pretty good."

Get around a 5 or so handicap. Shoot in the 70's consistently to put it in simple terms.

Honestly I would love to have a single digit handicap that traveled well....Being in a position where I can walk on a tee just about anywhere and have a good feeling that at worse I am going to throw up and low to mid 80 but if I have a really good day I can drop a 77 or 78.

My goal used to be to break 80 and I have done that 5 times now...but not consistently...heck I had rounds last year where I shot 78 one day and 95 the very next on the same course.

Consistent scoring closer to a single digit handicap....guess I could have just said that huh.

Do you have an index number that you are shooting for? It it a certain score on your home course? Is the long term goal to shoot your age? What accomplishment would allow you to walk away from the game with the biggest smile on your face?
I would love to get to single digits, but I am not expecting it this season. I want to shoot 78 from the whites or blues this year. Shooting my age would be nice, but likely not anything that I can expect for at least another 20 years!

I would love to shoot 70s all the time, then be able to qualify for some tournaments locally and actually finish respectably. There's no limit really, I would love to take my game as far as it will let me.

I would like to get below 80. I am generally between 85 and 90, but a few times have sniffed the 70's.

If I ever got to a 3 GHIN I'd be ecstatic! I'd also love to be able to shoot my age at 80+.

I think it is good to have goals, but I am setting mine no farther out than a year. I don't have an ultimate goal that I could achieve and walk away from the game with a smile because, well, I don't want to walk away from the game.

My 2014 goal is a 7ish handicap. I think that is pretty doable based mostly on improving my putting game. Asperations, which won't count in my mind as failed goals are to shoot in the seventies pretty consistantly, and some day an even par round or better. One of these days I would love to shoot my age, I recall my father achieving this on several occasions (with persimmon woods and balata balls!) and would like to join him in that club.

Long term goal is to be a bogey player. Basically break 90 consistently.

Ultimately my goal is to use golf to drive me to lose weight and become truly driven physically again.
My target for this season is to be low nineties, I think that is realistic and doable with a good amount of work to do.
Long term I would very much like to be a single digit GHIN.

I don't really see any situation where I would walk away from the game even if I reach these goals I love the outdoors and the camaraderie that it provides far to much to leave it behind.

I'm just trying to maintain where I'm at. At 52 it only gets harder year in, year out with little health issues cropping up.

I'd like to eventually get to a 5 index. I think it's very doable if I put in work on the short game. Definitely what is holding me back. Score wise would love to shoot under par for 18 holes. I've had -1 after 9 holes once but my best 18 hole score is +2.

Just get to the point where I am confident enough that every shot will end up somewhere where I was trying to go. If that leads to lower index, scores, more birdies I will be happy.

Ultimately I want to be good enough to compete and do well in some local tournaments.

Without a doubt improve my health , And to have passed My PGA PAT's by the summer of 2015, And If the GOOD Lord grant's me Health I will do it without a Doubt as I have a Job waiting for me when I do. I was forced into retirement by my employer due to a severe Injury and the fact that MANY Orthopedic surgeons would not clear me to return to my former job that I loved.
So I have a unique opportunity to start a New Carer in something I love , The Golf industry and I am very fortunate to have friend's in various positions and levels.
So as long as I keep practicing and putting forth the effort and determination I feel I will reach my goals.

I would love to break 90 this year, and play much more consistent golf! I want to be mid to low 80's by the end of this year! have a lot of work to do on my short game and settling my swing down!

I chasing scratch, I started a solid practice routine recently and have reconnected with a great teacher for some check ups to ensure I get there. I love seeing all the goals and wishes people have here, it inspires me to work harder.

My goal for 2014 is to start over. To regain the joy that I found in the game when I first started playing. To let go of any and all expectations and to just accept whatever the day brings. To laugh at the 100's and relish the 80's all the while giving the game the respect it deserves by putting in the hours on the practice grounds and by improving my mental and physical conditioning. Then we'll just have to see where the game goes and set new goals from there.

Back