Best City/State to live in...

Hard to argue against FL, alot of quality golf courses in all price ranges, and you can play year round very easily.

I'll say it, Texas. Not to start any rivalry crap, but we have a little bit of everything & I can golf all year with the rare exception bc of winter. A few hours drive and the hill country offers serious elevation changes & a ton of daily fee courses that are nice.

My close second would be Florida followed by Colorado(although season is limited)

Northern Florida would probably be tops due to lack of humidity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man what a tough question. I love Florida but HATE the humidity. Man I don't know where I would go. It would have to be above 50 degrees almost year round and hardly ever get above 90 degrees and the humidity has to be low. Plus it can't rain every day. Unfortunately I cannot think of any place like that with great golf all over.

Man what a tough question. I love Florida but HATE the humidity. Man I don't know where I would go. It would have to be above 50 degrees almost year round and hardly ever get above 90 degrees and the humidity has to be low. Plus it can't rain every day. Unfortunately I cannot think of any place like that with great golf all over.

Sounds like San Diego if you can afford it

Northern Florida would probably be tops due to lack of humidity.

What part of Northern Florida are you referring to? The Panhandle is more humid with higher heat indexs than central florida. I haven't spent too much time in Jax but it has been plenty humid when I've been there.

That was my first thought. I lived in LA for a while and the weather was perfect - the golf not so much. Does San Diego have a ton of golf courses?

I mean less humid than south beach.

Don't let the humidity scare you!!! Florida is hands down the best state to live in for golfing. Been here 23+ years and have loved every minute of it.

I mean less humid than south beach.

Sounds like Central Florida is the trick, it is colder in the winter up north, but not necessarily cooler in the summer.

Don't let the humidity scare you!!! Florida is hands down the best state to live in for golfing. Been here 23+ years and have loved every minute of it.
I sweat profusely and even when I play first thing in the morning in Florida, I have the worst swamp ass and wet feet just from sweat. It is awful!!!!

Living in the Northeast, and the humidity we have here in the summer, I think old be ok with the Florida humidity for the chance of year round golf.

So I'll go with Florida. Of the areas I've been to, I like the west coast a bit more than the east coast.

I would like to live near the home of THP !

I am partial to Florida.

I would go with Texas or Florida.

I love living in Florida, but if my funds were unlimited I would pick the San Diego area.

I'd be in Arizona hands down. I love the heat though.

Well, I live where I do and cant do anything about it so no sense in wishing for something I cant have.

But fwiw, I only ask for this little-
-60 to 80 degrees year round
-nothing real humid,
-little rain,
-long days,
-nothing real windy,
-no bugs,
-not crowded,
-affordable,
-well maintained
-not too easy,
-not too hard

Am I asking for too much??

Yeah, if money isn't an issue you can't beat San Diego. The drought, though, has put a strain on some courses.

Depends on whether you prefer your year round golf weather to be a little chilly in the winter or boiling hot in the summer. For me I prefer it to be a little cool in the winter and perfect in the summer, so the Pacific Northwest works awesome for me. It gets wet, and there's a week here and there where it's too cold, but you can play year round no problem and lots of great course variety. And you don't melt in the summer.

Maui * drops mic*

Raleigh, NC area.

Ton's of great local courses within an hour. MTN courses within 2 hours. Beach courses within 2 hours. Pinehurst is an hour away. Myrtle beach is 3 hours away. Golf year round.

I may be a little impartial.

Raleigh, NC area.

Ton's of great local courses within an hour. MTN courses within 2 hours. Beach courses within 2 hours. Pinehurst is an hour away. Myrtle beach is 3 hours away. Golf year round.

I may be a little impartial.

Great choice.

Back