Need help with dealing with a pro

Jmilla

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi guys as I mentioned in an earlier thread i just started taking lessons for the first time. I had one lesson that went ok and got some improvement out of it and paid for a 3 pack of lessons. Since then I have been cancelled on three times for a myriad of reasons and today was cancelled on again, he wrote my time down wrong and left for a lesson somewhere else as i was walking in for lesson. He has offered me an extra 1 hr lesson and a 30 min playing lesson for the trouble but I'm a little upset to say the least. I had 3 weeks off before going back to 12 hr days and 1 day off a week at most and now don't know if ill even get to have these lessons that I paid for or the extras he offered me.

What would you guys do? I'm at a loss. The lessons are at a notable learning center here in the twin cities.

I say hang in there with him and get everything that you paid for. Also, confirm with him the day of each lesson; he seems to need that!

Need help with dealing with a pro

Dump him. There's absolutely no excuse for four cancellations. Talk to the manager, it may be the case that he does not get the money until lessons are given. In which case your money is sitting with the facility and can be transferred to another teacher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
And this is why I went to GolfTec. I had similar issues with pros and just got tired of it.

I would talk to the course and get your money back and find a different teacher.

Sad thing is it is a large city run golf academy with like 6 facilities.

And this is why I went to GolfTec. I had similar issues with pros and just got tired of it.

I would talk to the course and get your money back and find a different teacher.

Get your money back. If he gets nasty I would consult with a small claims lawyer. Usually a quick phone call by those guys to the facility will get your money back. Not joking either, you need to take extreme measures at times to get your point across

If you're seeing good results from him hang in there. There is no excuse for the cancelations, but if he's good I w old stick with him and call the day before to confirm. It's tough to find a teacher you mesh with. If he's just average get your money back and move on.

Get your money back. If he gets nasty I would consult with a small claims lawyer. Usually a quick phone call by those guys to the facility will get your money back. Not joking either, you need to take extreme measures at times to get your point across

Seriously, a lawyer.

If he cancelled for the hell of it, I'd find another pro. If he had legit reasons then I'd stick with him. The 'no excuse for cancelation' is a bit harsh if he had good reason.

Dump him. There's absolutely no excuse for four cancellations. Talk to the manager, it may be the case that he does not get the money until lessons are given. In which case your money is sitting with the facility and can be transferred to another teacher.

Yep, talk to the bosses. I'm sure they will set you up with a different pro, or even get you your money back. I certainly wouldn't stick with the guy you have.

If he cancelled for the hell of it, I'd find another pro. If he had legit reasons then I'd stick with him. The 'no excuse for cancelation' is a bit harsh if he had good reason.
To be fair, I said there was no excuse for 4 (straight) cancellations.

Money back, hands down. Your schedule is as important as his.
3 strikes you're out - you gave him 4.
and he walked out on you at strike 4!!!!
He should have cancelled the other lesson if he was serious about you.

One cancellation is understandable; any more than that is totally unprofessional. I would definitely demand a refund. As mentioned above, your schedule is as important as his, and because he is in a service position, I really consider your schedule more important.

Cancelled on three times?

I'd have dumped him the second time.

Nothing I hate worse than people who don't keep appointments or their word. Or worse, they are late!

I agree.

Well today was that he forgot the time. Before this he claims he had to work a shift at the range because someone quit. Another time he was sick. I forgot what Friday was.

Are you sold that he is the guy to get your swing where you want to go? If not, tell him you would prefer to work with somebody else.

If yes, and you are good with what he is offering you (the free extra lessons) than I would give him 1 more shot.

That said, at the 3rd cancellation I would have demanded my money back, so the fact that you went back for number 4 putts you as more lenient than I am.

Unless he has you playing like Jordan Spieth then I would find somebody else. Your time is valuable, I have no patience for tardiness or people who flake out.

Ok I guess I'm going to have to get my money back. Just really didn't want to deal with this crap. He hasn't made a great improvement.

Well I emailed management with the situation. We will see what comes of this

Got an email last night saying it will be dealt with today and that they will make it right.

Was supposed to get an email and call back today. How long should I wait to call and be Nnoying?

Your level of patients is very low. They responded to you first email and I assume had to speak with the pro before they make a final decision. Hold tight, I am sure they will get back to you.
Got an email last night saying it will be dealt with today and that they will make it right.

Was supposed to get an email and call back today. How long should I wait to call and be Nnoying?

Back