Official Handicap Index - Now Part of THP - Open For Signup

I dont particularly need it because I wont be carrying a GHIN hcp this year now that I have the USGA HCP. Was just curious as to why the 2 scores would be different with the same scores entered. I am not too worried. Just curious.

I like the 15.4 one anyhow :)

I like the 15.4 one anyhow :)

Truth be told, it wont really matter. My HCP will be going down. Just wanted a starting point with last years scores seeing as how I havent seen grass in 2+ months.

Finally got my scores entered, only did my last 20, didnt have the time to do stats.

Going to be REAL interesting after 2 scores get entered this weekend

Finally got my scores entered, only did my last 20, didnt have the time to do stats.

At least you're playing easy courses. :bulgy-eyes:

Counting down the days until April 1 when I can finally post. Hope Mother Nature doesn't pull an April Fools joke on me this year.

Same here man, it's been a bad winter for us Midwesterners. Looks like its gonna stay warmer now, (Knock on wood) so we might be able to get some playing time here soon. I have only been able to go hit balls out at the range so far. Can't wait to hit some balls off the grass.
Counting down the days until April 1 when I can finally post. Hope Mother Nature doesn't pull an April Fools joke on me this year.

It is working now. Thanks. Also, I entered in the scores I have from last year and my HCP is a 15.4. I entered those same scores on GHIN at the end of last year and it was a 16.2. Anyone know why the difference?

You're older and wiser now?

Old GHIN membership expired, now to get some scores in on this one!

Crawling out of the deep freeze and immediately lowering his handicap. Mr. 441 getting it done!
Uh, that is what you meant, correct??:D

Unfortunately, mine has been slipping this winter. It must have been from bundling up in a windshirt and slacks the last couple of months...

I dont particularly need it because I wont be carrying a GHIN hcp this year now that I have the USGA HCP. Was just curious as to why the 2 scores would be different with the same scores entered. I am not too worried. Just curious.

Maybe the tees you played from got mixed up?

I'm wondering when the scores start to count again. According to the site, my season should run from March through October, but I turned in a score on March 1 and it still shows it as out of season. Maybe they don't start up again until April 1?

How does this membership fee compare to the other handicap services? First time Handicapper here...

Last edited:
I'm wondering when the scores start to count again. According to the site, my season should run from March through October, but I turned in a score on March 1 and it still shows it as out of season. Maybe they don't start up again until April 1?

May want to check with cs and ask them.

Grip n Rip
@bigtazzGOLF

How does this membership fee compare to the other handicap services? First time Handicapper here...

It provides an official USGA index that you can use for THP vTour events as well as any local tournament that requires a USGA handicap to enter.
Cost is comparable to others imo

Grip n Rip
@bigtazzGOLF

Parshooter, IL does not start posting until April 1.

That's usually great for me, b/c conditions get decent and I have a few rounds to practice and get used to actually being on grass again. This year it looks like I'll be lucky to get in two rounds before I have to start posting.

What is the requirement for posting scores? Do you need to post every score you have during the season?

What is the requirement for posting scores? Do you need to post every score you have during the season?

You should, unless you desingnate it a practice round ahead of time.

I didn't keep an official handicap last year, since I played mostly league matches, but I'd like to this year - cool that I can do this through THP. Do I only enter scores from this year, or should I enter scores from the last active season if I have them?

You should be able to enter old scores.

Finally got in on this. I've only played about 3 solo rounds this year though, so maybe this will motivate me to get some more non-scramble rounds in this year!

Parshooter, IL does not start posting until April 1.

That's usually great for me, b/c conditions get decent and I have a few rounds to practice and get used to actually being on grass again. This year it looks like I'll be lucky to get in two rounds before I have to start posting.

We are in the southern IL region, according to the website our season starts March 1. I turned in a score today and it counted it, I'm not sure why the march 1 adore didn't count.

You should be able to enter old scores.

Yeah, you can enter backlogs. I recently entered all of my rounds from this past fall.

Let's say I end up getting down to a 18 handicap this year unexpectedly (my goal, but who knows) and I track it using the free OOB golf app. I want to try to get into the MC next year but I don't have a registered handicap until maybe the end of the NY golf season. Can I enter this past seasons scores after the fact and that will be my official handicap, until the next season of course?

Back