Can someone please tell me what photographers do?

These are very subjective questions but I'll give it a go.

If you're under contract with a company you have to do your assignments when at work but you can always still take pictures on your own time. I shot weddings for a studio but still did my own weddings on the side.

I went to Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD) and I loved it. I can't really say they are the best because I didn't go to another to compare them to. If you want to run your own business, business classes would be much more beneficial.

Photographers can work from anywhere. I have a home studio, I shoot highschool seniors and other portraits in. If you want to do food or product photos you could shoot from home depending on the company. So, yes it's possible.

How much they make a year I can't really answer. It's such a broad spectrum now, it depends on how much time and effort you put into it.

These are very subjective questions but I'll give it a go.

If you're under contract with a company you have to do your assignments when at work but you can always still take pictures on your own time. I shot weddings for a studio but still did my own weddings on the side.

I went to Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD) and I loved it. I can't really say they are the best because I didn't go to another to compare them to. If you want to run your own business, business classes would be much more beneficial.

Photographers can work from anywhere. I have a home studio, I shoot highschool seniors and other portraits in. If you want to do food or product photos you could shoot from home depending on the company. So, yes it's possible.

How much they make a year I can't really answer. It's such a broad spectrum now, it depends on how much time and effort you put into it.
Thanks so much for the explanation dear MudFlap. I understand.

Last edited:
Back