I Started Playing Golf Because _____

Started playing golf all on an impulse purchase of a boxed set of Ram clubs from Sports Authority. Haven't had any regrets except for why didn't I start this sooner!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I started playing golf because I got burned out on baseball and Tiger Woods made golf a mainstream sport again.

Same here. Plus I got my own place and had more free time on the weekends.

My Dad took me to an outing for my Aunt / Uncles 40th wedding anniversary....

My grandparents on my mother's side of the family. They were the only people (aside from 2 uncles) in my extended family that golfed when I was young.

First club was a PW given as a Christmas present. We would hit balls every sunday in the yard at their farm.

I started playing golf because of Tiger Woods PGA Tour haha. Loved the game, so I thought the actual sport had to be fun? And I was right.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Because my Dad was a really good player and it was fun to go play him.

To beat my dad.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

I started playing golf because I got too old to play hockey and needed a hobby! The rest is history!!!

I started playing because for some reason I was drawn to the game as a child even though no one in family plays. My parents would take me to play putt putt golf, but i wanted to go to the driving range instead.

As I live close to a pitch and putt,no better place to get introduced to the game then there. I was hooked after that round

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

No one in my family gave a darn for the game. I watched the greats on TV as a kid. (Palmer, Nicklaus, Player, etc...)
I really enjoyed that and then I got the chance to hit a ball when I was 15 yrs old and fell in love immediately.

Work... Clients... but now I am addicted.

.....because of the peace and quiet. Golf is a great way to get away from the noise and the busy pace of day to day life. I just love everything about being out on the course, even trying to hit that damn little ball to where I am aiming at! It is simply a great escape for me .....

I started because some co-workers played, and I wanted to be able to get out there with them.

I always wanted to play when I was little but never did. My college roommate was a huge golfer and took me out to play once and I was hooked. Now my dad's addicted again and my college roommate is now my regular playing partner.

I was born into a golfing family in 1961..........

My regular playing partners are my dad and brother. My dad got us into golf at 12 - 13 years old and having that time to spend with dad was better than anything I could think of as a kid. When you have a father that works like my dad did, travelled like he did, and basically out of a year he was traveling in total about 4-5 months worth of time. 2 weeks here, a week there etc. Having that time to do something that we all enjoyed together is what gave me a love for the game. So no matter what I score, I know that I enjoyed myself. But if I had to say that in my head, every time I setup for a shot, its is supposed to be going in the hole, but never actually does. I still relish in the great shots, curse at the bad ones, but in the end. I got to go out and play with My brother and dad. We started together and just the time with them is what it is all about for me.

Because my dad played it and i seen him so wanted to play as well.

My dad liked it and it gave us good "boy time" away from the girls

No one in my family played. I was raised by my grandparents and my grandpa got me going. He didnt play but he was a caddie for a couple summers as a child. He told me that if i wanted to be in the business world id better learn to play, as a lot of business is done on the course. So around middle school I was doing 2 camps and private lessons during the summes. He would always take me (although i think a majority of it was to spend time on the 19th hole).

I started playing at local park, where fire hydrants and manhole covers were my holes/ targets
And have never put down clubs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I started because my brother-in-law and some buddies play. I was just looking for more opportunities to hang out with friends.

My grandmother and I would go to the pitch and putt in the summer when I was in junior high. I didn't really play again until getting a job after college when some of our vendors would take us out to play.

Just now taking up golf. Mainly because of work. Have had to say no to 4 golf outings in the last two weeks. Enough was enough. So I'm going head first into the deep end, along with my credit card. I'm still waiting on my irons to arrive but have my driver and putter, and practice atleast an hour a night into the net. I've noticed I sleep all the way through the night, and I'm also eating atleast 2 meals a day as opposed to 1 or none. It's only been a few days but the sleep, eating, and mental just from hitting into a net have been great to me. My attitude about everything is better. I hope I stick with it.

Back