Original clubs brought to life in 2016

Tadashi70

Reaction score
Handicap
What is Callaway turned back the clock and reintroduced the Original Big Bertha and Great Big or even the Biggest Big Bertha? All the same shapes with new metals, their new tech built in and new color. Would you game them?

What if all the club companies turned back the clock with new tech and put out their old models. Not just the name but the shape and size as well. Would you game them.

I'd have two Big Bertha at 10* and a Great Big as well. Maybe through a King Cobra FW in the mix.

Fun thread. I think my Heaven wood from lsat year kind of reminds me of the original Warbird I played so long ago.

Cmon The Judge.

R9 SuperTri
Or even the R7 Limited

What is Callaway turned back the clock and reintroduced the Original Big Bertha and Great Big or even the Biggest Big Bertha? All the same shapes with new metals, their new tech built in and new color. Would you game them?

What if all the club companies turned back the clock with new tech and put out their old models. Not just the name but the shape and size as well. Would you game them.

I'd have two Big Bertha at 10* and a Great Big as well. Maybe through a King Cobra FW in the mix.

Fun thought - I'd definitely game the original warbird fairway woods and could even see taking some swipes at modern day BB1996 irons. The one set many would like and I'm among them would be a modern day Ping Eye2 iron (i know this Ping and that Ping is supposed to be it), looking exactly the same with modern lofts and shaft options.

I've never hit a driver longer and straighter than a Golfsmith metal wood from 1987! It was small like the original TM metal, and I had a stiff steel shaft in it. It played at a D6 swing weight and then I added lead tape to the back of the head. Oh, Lordy! I used to murder that club! I was also in the best shape of my life too, so I'm it so sure I could hit a ball over 300 with it now!!!
A Great Big Bertha in 11* with a stiff steel shaft would be fun to hit again! I had one of those at LSU and loved it. Great club.
Lastly, I think I could play my Ping Zing 2 irons again. Those things helped me hit the ball so straight. Lowest handicap I've ever had was when I games those. I was also single and just out of college and played at least 7-8 times per month. Loved those irons.

I've never hit a driver longer and straighter than a Golfsmith metal wood from 1987! It was small like the original TM metal, and I had a stiff steel shaft in it. It played at a D6 swing weight and then I added lead tape to the back of the head. Oh, Lordy! I used to murder that club! I was also in the best shape of my life too, so I'm it so sure I could hit a ball over 300 with it now!!!
A Great Big Bertha in 11* with a stiff steel shaft would be fun to hit again! I had one of those at LSU and loved it. Great club.
Lastly, I think I could play my Ping Zing 2 irons again. Those things helped me hit the ball so straight. Lowest handicap I've ever had was when I games those. I was also single and just out of college and played at least 7-8 times per month. Loved those irons.
Only club I'd want to see released again would be the Ping Zings. I loved those sticks.

Can't think of a single wood I'd want to hit again. Maybe the GBB, but it would be as a mini driver replacement.

I did have a Lynx offset 3 wood I could absolutely murder back in the day, but I doubt I'd like it now.

All would be before my "golfing" time, but I did just snag a OG GBB and actually used it on the course yesterday. It may find a spot as a mini or fairway. New grip would be needed if course...ha

I would definitely have a Great Big Bertha in the bag. Maybe a tight lies wood/rescue.

Did you miss GBB week? Or the M1 announcement? :angel:

I think you can argue that what you described is exactly what they're doing. 460cc *is* modern tech.

I think it would be cool for Ping to bring back the Eye 2 irons (similar to what they did with the wedges).

And why not a TaylorMade Bubble Burner driver. The hideous copper looking one that EVERYONE bought.

Ping Zings....always liked that crazy shape.

Taylor Made Superquad R7

Ping Eye2 irons come to mind. It would be very interesting to see what would come of that design being combined with modern tech and materials.

Did you miss GBB week? Or the M1 announcement? :angel:

I think you can argue that what you described is exactly what they're doing. 460cc *is* modern tech.
It's not even close to what I'm talking about. The original BB was the size of my mini driver if not smaller. I am talking about bringing back those clubs but squeeze the cup face, or E9 face from cobra on the clubs.

Browning 440 low profile irons.

Titleist needs to stop with this numbers and bring back The Howitzer.

Titleist needs to stop with this numbers and bring back The Howitzer.

I said that to TO (he designed the Howitzer) and he laughed. He said they are not creative to come up with a new name all of the time.

I said that to TO (he designed the Howitzer) and he laughed. He said they are not creative to come up with a new name all of the time.

I am pretty sure their Marketing Department is full of people with MBA's.

I really hit my Callaway Hawkeye 3 wood well, I'd game that again. I had my Biggest Big Bertha in my bag for a NUMBER of years. Plus, I'd totally game my old Mizuno MP-33 irons again if I had more time to practice.

TaylorMade Ti Bubble 2 driver.

May not be that long ago, but the R9 SuperDeep was one of my all time favorite club head shapes. I spun it like a top unfortunately and didnt know enough about shafts back then to reel it in. Put some modern tech in that club head, and I may leave the Vapor behind.

I have said for a while if Ping released the Eye 2 irons with modern tech, but kept the same shape, I'd game them in a second. I never had a big bertha driver, but did have a fairway wood, in fact my BIL has it and still games it.

Ahhhhh memories. My old Big Bertha driver. Nicknamed "Veg O Matic"....it sliced, diced, and so much more!

Back