DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shakey... congrats, but that sucks too!!! Like I said... now I'll have to extend my trips back home so that we can play!!!

Thanks for being so welcoming when I joined the group and the LC trip is a great memory that you were a huge part of!!!

Congrats on the promotion. Hate to see you leave the DFW crew. You really have been a big plus to this group. Going to miss you when the group gets together this year. But I am very happy for you and your family. This is a big move for you and I wish you the best of luck. Hope you can get to some of our travel destinations when we hit the road for some golf. Winstar, Tulsa, southern Missouri, or where ever that might be.
When do you have to be up there?

Congrats on your promotion buddy! Looks like it came sooner than you expected. We definitely need to play before you leave. You will be close to Missouri where there are a few THPer's who are active. I wish you and your family the best of luck!
We'll definitely get in a round before I leave.

I'll be real close to Missouri & only a little more than an hour to Tulsa, OK.

Shakey... congrats, but that sucks too!!! Like I said... now I'll have to extend my trips back home so that we can play!!!

Thanks for being so welcoming when I joined the group and the LC trip is a great memory that you were a huge part of!!!
Thanks Brian. Looking forward to some golf up north when you come to visit the family.

Congrats on the promotion. Hate to see you leave the DFW crew. You really have been a big plus to this group. Going to miss you when the group gets together this year. But I am very happy for you and your family. This is a big move for you and I wish you the best of luck. Hope you can get to some of our travel destinations when we hit the road for some golf. Winstar, Tulsa, southern Missouri, or where ever that might be.
When do you have to be up there?
Thanks Eddie.

I plan on going up sometime around the 27th, but my family will stay here through the end of the school year & maybe a little longer depending on how long it takes to sell this house & buy ine there.

I'll make sure to get a place with some extra room so the guys will have somewhere to stay on the roadtrips.

Thanks Eddie.

I plan on going up sometime around the 27th, but my family will stay here through the end of the school year & maybe a little longer depending on how long it takes to sell this house & buy ine there.

I'll make sure to get a place with some extra room so the guys will have somewhere to stay on the roadtrips.
Looks like a little more time here on the weekends maybe. Good luck on selling the house. Hope it sells quickly for you when it hits the market.

Well boys, looks like Shakey's time in DFW is almost over. I got the call on Thursday that I didn't expect to get for another year or two.

Starting May 1st, I'll be running our company's hospital in NW Arkansas.

I have mixed emotions about taking the promotion. On one hand, it's what I've been working for since I decided to get my masters in healthcare administration back in 2008. I've been blessed to have some great mentors & I'm excited about the job. On the other hand, my family really likes this area. We all settled in quickly & made some great friends.

I can't thank you DFW guys enough for taking me in & making me feel like one of the guys right from the start. My wife thought I was crazy to drive an hour & a half to McKinney to play @ Nate & Big Tex's home course El Dorado with people I'd never met before. Ward, TBD & Big Tex were a great group to break me in.

Since then, I've put in a lot of rounds with Cookie, Andrew, Eddie, Brian, Josh & Aaron (who introduced me to DFW thread). There have been a few others I've played with on occasion as well. You guys are great. I'm definitely going to miss you all.

I'd also be remiss if I didn't thank THP for giving me a place to meet you all in the first place. I hope there's a crew up in the NW Arkansas area that's half as much fun. If not, who am I going to talk trash to?
Congrats on the promotion! Tough that you and the family have to pack up and move though. Arkansas isn't that far of a drive to make the THP events here, and you will always be a part of this group.

Shakey - hate to see ya go man but it was nice getting to know you! Hopefully we can have a THP trip or two (even if unofficial) and we get to tee it up again before too long. I have a feeling that I'll be going back to Hot Springs Village soon - that's not terribly far from NW Arkansas and they have 9 courses inside the village... road trip, anyone? :D

Congrats Shakey! Sounds like a great move to be making. Good luck to you.

Congrats Shakey!! Hate to see you move away but sounds like a great move for you and your family. We sure have not got to play enough rounds together but I'm pretty sure we will get together in the future.

Congrats on the promotion Shakey!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Congrats Cookie! Did you shoot a 79 to to card the net net 67?

Thanks! 80 for net 67.

41-39 with 2 doubles on each side and 4 birdies.

Great round cookie. Sounds like you had it dialed in today pretty nicely today.

Shakey,
Congrats on the promotion.

Don't forget to spend your PVGA winnings before you leave town!!!!!!

Thanks! 80 for net 67.

41-39 with 2 doubles on each side and 4 birdies.

Way to go!!!! Lots of ink in the paper this w/e.

Any interest in playing Saturday morning? I know we are doing an ideal golfer thing Sunday up north but I'm available early Saturday also.

Any interest in playing Saturday morning? I know we are doing an ideal golfer thing Sunday up north but I'm available early Saturday also.

Im a maybe at this point

Im a maybe as well. Not too early though.

Let's do it. Early is good with me.

the titleist scramble at indian creek is Saturday. I know mworsham and I are planning to play. Carrollton isn't too far... you guys could just roll a bunch of THP teams!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back