What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
40/45 - 85

Driver was absolutely on target today. Only missed 3 fairways.

Tough course with a bunch of dogleg holes. So, that made for alot of long approach shots. Only one par 5 is reachable in two by my standards. I dont think there is a flat place in the fairway.

Hit the ball about as good as I could have, so I am ecstatic with that even though the score doesnt show it all that much. Short game needs to get better.

First round out on saturday and I managed to put up a 79. Irons felt really good for the most part but my driver was not cooperating. Doubled 2 fairly easy par 5's.

38/40 78 at IndianHead Club. The greens were still just awful, uncut and heavy sand still on top so we all left a ton of putts short, but luckily I was close enough most of the time to one putt. It's way early to say how the season will go, but 77 last week is a good trend. 13/16, 50% fw's, 44% greens, I have some work to do.

Those are solid numbers Due. And a good score!

Those are solid numbers Due. And a good score!

Thanks buddy. A much tougher round this week than last, missing so many greens, but I got up and down well.

77 (+15). It was actually a better day than the score reflects.

~Rock

Getting there...first nine, was ok, but I was sooo lost with the greens, every single putt went long, and my ball striking was slightly off, even on the back nine. I kept making the tiniest duffs, and lost distance on every shot...but still heck of a back nine.

Screen_Shot_2014_04_07_at_18_03_21.png

Nice Caster, thats quite the string of 4's, lol. Great round!

Played at Frilford Heath yesterday, 9 holes in the morning on the Blue course in a team event and then 18 holes singles on the Red course which has just had the EuroPro Tour their the week before so it was in top condition.

Came 2nd in the team event and whey down the picking list in the singles, what a tough brutal track that red course can be, its beautiful but my god you've got to be on your game, harder than any links course I've played!

Unfortunately I did the ultimate sin on the 1st tee being the first to tee off in the afternoon with a large crowd watching, apparently there is a video of it which is being released tonight and talk of it going viral as its that bad, that funny and yet brilliant all-in-one!

First round in SoDak yesterday and first round since the Adams event in Dallas. Shot an 83. I was hitting the ball way better than that score would indicate but a few shots cost me some strokes, nothing horrible but some wet lies that I didn't account for in my stroke lead to some duffed shots and just a couple loose swings.

Jesse and I played match play, I gave him bumps on 4 holes (2 per side) and we wound up halving the match after he stepped up like a boss and made birdie on 18. It was a fun day.

On Saturday I shot a 93, best score for me in a while. My new driver kept me on the fairway and I finally ended my birdie drought. Started slowly on the front 9 with a triple and followed it up with a string of doubles... ended up +12 on the front and +9 on the back. Slowly inching towards 80's!!

First round in 6 months. Only hit balls once in that time for my fitting a couple weeks ago. Was 50* with a 10-15 mph breeze all day with some small gusts. Course played at least 20yds longer than marked on each hole with soggy fwys(cart path only). Besides the 3 major blow up holes it was a pretty good day. Hit alot of good feeling shots(took a few to adjust to cold weather distance), no 3 putts(missed alot of makeable putts under 15ft. though), and really figured out the big stick with it being freshly chopped 3/4".

20140407_112739_zpsk7ccyn5k.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

37/39 -- 76 today at Westridge. Everything is starting to come together at once. I have given up trying to hit the big drive and just played smart today only using the driver 3 times. 4 wood and 4 iron from the tees were leaving me easy irons into the greens. Need to recount my putts but only had 1 three putt all day and a bunch of 1 putters.. Looking forward to getting back into single digits this summer.

Castor in the 70s already, watch out!

Getting there...first nine, was ok, but I was sooo lost with the greens, every single putt went long, and my ball striking was slightly off, even on the back nine. I kept making the tiniest duffs, and lost distance on every shot...but still heck of a back nine.

Screen_Shot_2014_04_07_at_18_03_21.png

Nice round Castor!!!

That's my teammate! Nice shooting, Henri!

Good work Castor!!

Got out yesterdy for the 1st round of the year, it was 55* & sunny but the course was still sorta wet and I shot a 87 I could not hit a green and I tried out my new center shaft Yes! putter and it did not go well as I ended up with 36 putts. My next round is Saturday in rain, sunshine or snow as we play our 24th Masters Tourney and I'm going for my 10th jacket since 1992.

Got out yesterdy for the 1st round of the year, it was 55* & sunny but the course was still sorta wet and I shot a 87 I could not hit a green and I tried out my new center shaft Yes! putter and it did not go well as I ended up with 36 putts. My next round is Saturday in rain, sunshine or snow as we play our 24th Masters Tourney and I'm going for my 10th jacket since 1992.

Good luck on the venture for 11 jackets. Sounds fun.

Played like crap yesterday, 89 at Fox Hollow near me. Course was pretty good, my first time there and will definitely be back. For some reason my ball striking went to hell. Went to the range when I got done but couldn't figure it out. Back at it again next weekend I'm sure.

Shot 83, 40/43, but hit the ball better than the score indicates - didn't make any putts to speak of. The best news for me is that the SW and LW that I switched out in my bag seemed to work OK. I replaced Ping gorge wedges with Ping G25's to match the rest of my set. They look better at address, and feel better.

Played a windy and Poa annua infested Rivers Edge in Shalotte NC today.

While I mustered a bogey/birdie trade off front nine 36, I had an "I don't really care" back nine of 40 after my approach shots and putts were dictated more by the conditions than my swing.

I'll take the 76. It blows my mind how much golf appears to be struggling in the Myrtle area, although I was extremely pleased with the conditions of Farmstead yesterday. For as awesome as the landscape and layout of Rivers Edge is (I'm a true sucker for a Palmer) I cannot stand how poorly it has been maintained.

Well driver is starting to come back thankfully hit some out to 225 and 231 yards. Most problems tonight was the short game, need to just worry about 120 and in and really get dialed in. Had some birdie attempts tonight but just was short short on my putting. Will really push myself to work on the short game now even more harder. I will get this down and will be shooting in the 80's here soon. I can feel it and it's almost there. Will work on the short game Wednesday during my lesson.

parkview2.jpg

Had lesson #4 today, changed my swing a good bit and shortened it up. I'll post pics if anyone wants. Took that and went to Eagle Pointe, had some good shots and obviously still a work in progress but carded an 85. 42/43 no birdies but ball striking felt better.

Dgvillere, keep working on it and it will pay off in the long run. You will see that Hcp drop quickly!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back